SNBA
Topic Author

SN Brussels Airlines Codesharing With Air Senegal

Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:21 pm

As from Dec - 1st, SN Brussels Airlines will codeshare its flights with Air Senegal International on the Brussels - Dakar route!
SN Brussels Airlines will still operate with its A330 - Enjoy your flight on Europe's best airline to Africa!!!

TriStar500

RE: SN Brussels Airlines Codesharing With Air Senegal

Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:35 pm

Any codeshare in discussion for the DKR-BJL tag-on?
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

SNBA
Topic Author

Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:47 pm

I don't know yet... anyway, I'll keep you informed!

TriStar500

Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:43 pm

Thank you! There was an interesting, albeit short, article covering SNBA's Africa ops in a recent AirlinerWorld, which discussed this question.
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

brightcedars

Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:28 pm

I think it's a good deal since they'll add destinations that they don't already serve and secure more sales on the BRU-DKR runs.

I'm sure Air Sénégal Int'l is keen to give up the least possible to Air France in the African sky. I'm also sure that SN Brussels Airlines has made a thorough survey of this new codeshare partner prior to inking this deal.

Now if they could find more partners in Africa to serve the Southern part of the continent, that would be nice as well. But with South African in Star Alliance and Kenya Airways in SkyTeam, what sizeable partner is there left for anything? Ethiopian?
I want the European Union flag on airliners.net!

SNBA
Topic Author

Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:40 am

A friend of mine - who is working/living in Dakar, Senegal - told me that he prefers by far flying on SN Brussels Airlines than on Air France while going back to Paris - even if he has to change plane in Brussels...

That's fine because I love SN too...