BG777300ER
Topic Author

A Way For Airbus To Compete With 773ER

Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:56 am

While reading the A/C Data on the A333 here on airliners.net, I read that airbus was considering making a stretch to be called the A334. They had also considered putting seats in the cargo hold to increase capacity. They dropped it a long time ago but now, I think that could be the key to competing with the 773ER. Why can't they just stretch it, slap some new engines on it (perhaps the GEs used on the 773ER, can they do that by the way  Smile ) and use some of the technology used on the A350 to improve its economics.
Is this possible and if it is, why haven't they attempted it yet?
Koi mi sra v gashtite?

boeingbus

RE: A Way For Airbus To Compete With 773ER

Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:07 am

I believe the A330 has landing gear/box issues that would prevent a further stretch. ??? if someone can add or object to this would be helpful.. Supposedly, the A350 will fix this issue so it will allow Airbus to grow the platform in the future.

My bet is that Airbus will launch a larger A350 to compete with the 773ER next year or the year after... it has to, even though it will mean sacrificing the A346...

Instead of sabotaging the A346, you may see Airbus slap new more efficient trents on the A346 and compete w/ price.

Either way would work for Airbus as the new HGW variant of the A346 will not cut it...
Airbus or Boeing - it's all good to me!

BG777300ER
Topic Author

RE: A Way For Airbus To Compete With 773ER

Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:47 pm

But what was the whole idea of putting passengers in the cargo hold? How would that have worked? I mean, would they have had windows (probably...right)?
Koi mi sra v gashtite?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos