Slarty
Topic Author

LH Comment On A380 Wake Problem

Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:27 pm

Apparently reported in Wall Street Journal Europe, and reported here in this link, last paragraph:

http://www.timesofoman.com/newsdetails.asp?newsid=22231

"

The report quoted a spokesman for the German airline Lufthansa as saying that the airline operated at congested airports and that "it is crucial for us that the separation is the same as for a (Boeing) 747"."

Why this would be a surprise to them at this point is beyond me ... unless Airbus has been promising equivalent or less wake turbulence than the 747. Anyone know?

dazeflight

RE: LH Comment On A380 Wake Problem

Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:11 pm

Quoting Slarty (Thread starter):
Why this would be a surprise to them at this point is beyond me ... unless Airbus has been promising equivalent or less wake turbulence than the 747. Anyone know?

that's what they did and still aim for.

jush

RE: LH Comment On A380 Wake Problem

Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:51 pm

Quoting Slarty (Thread starter):
unless Airbus has been promising equivalent or less wake turbulence than the 747. Anyone know?

That's what the discussion is all about the last year or so.
Airbus promised it to be at least the same if not better than a 747.
It seems like it doesn't perform that well and if that is true i see a bit of problems there.
Can LH claim to Airbus about this if this is true like SIA did with the too late
deliveries?
If it really boosts that much out of anticipation a lot of airlines could be pissed!

Regds
jush
There is one problem with airbus. Though their products are engineering marvels they lack passion, completely.