ScandinA340
Topic Author

LOT In SYD Today?

Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:30 pm

I could have been mistaken, but I am pretty sure that I saw a LOT 767-300 arrive in Sydney today (23/11) at around 1445 local time. I had a check on the Sydney Airport website, but that's not giving me any info.

Any idea on what it's doing so far from home?

Cheers-
ScandinA340

kiwiandrew

RE: LOT In SYD Today?

Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:21 pm

Hi ScandinA340

you're not mistaken - it has been on a short team wetlease to SB so has done a couple of NOU-SYD rotations - I think you may have caught it on it's last one .

LO used to quite regularly lease a 763 to NZ during the Northern Winter/Southern summer - made sense for both carriers as they have opposite peak periods - but I dont think this happened for the last couple of years .

cheers

Andrew

777ER
Crew

Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:44 pm

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 1):
it has been on a short team wetlease to SB so has done a couple of NOU-SYD rotations - I think you may have caught it on it's last one .

It was replacing one of SBs A330s that is having maintaince.

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 1):
LO used to quite regularly lease a 763 to NZ during the Northern Winter/Southern summer

NZ also use to lease them to LO. Thats why when ever you do a search for pictures on Air New Zealand on a.net, on the results page (if you use Windows) up the top of the screen you would see Air New Zealand/LOT.
Head Forum Moderator
moderators@airliners.net for all Moderator contact

star_member

Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:56 pm

thought i was seeing things too

kiwiandrew

Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:00 pm

Quoting 777ER (Reply 2):
NZ also use to lease them to LO. Thats why when ever you do a search for pictures on Air New Zealand on a.net, on the results page (if you use Windows) up the top of the screen you would see Air New Zealand/LOT.

thanks for that - didn't release that it was a 'two-way street' makes sense thought with having opposite seasons - be interesting to see whether that happens again in the future since both have RR powered 787s on the way

codeshare

Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:03 pm

Just to confirm this is a short-term lease to Air Calin. Because of the low demand for services @LOT in the winter season.

It's also flying NOU, KIX.
How much A is there is Airliners Net ? 0 or nothing ?

adamlaskiewicz

Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:11 am

Does anyone else find this a bit odd? They recently took delivery of an additional 767-300 (the one now in Star Alliance colours, SP-LPE) and now they have leased one back out to Air Calin. I understand demand on the Poland-US routes drops during the winter months but why add an additional aircraft only to lease out another one not long after?

kiwiandrew

Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:17 am

Quoting Adamlaskiewicz (Reply 6):
Does anyone else find this a bit odd?

not necessarily - the additional leased-in 767 might be longterm capacity needed until the 787s come - while the lease-out to SB is probably just a short term opportunity to bring in extra cash over the quieter winter period .

aircanada014

Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:11 am

In the past AC leased their 767-300ER to Qantas and I saw the 767-300ER in Melbourne before AC introduce Melbourne then drop the service.

eta unknown

Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:35 am

Anyone remember the mid 90's IL-62 charter flights: SYD-BKK-TAS-WAW?

QANTAS077

Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:30 am

Quoting ETA Unknown (Reply 9):
Anyone remember the mid 90's IL-62 charter flights

yes i remember them..they also used to come to Perth on some occasions! i have some old IL62 photos of Lot from Perth.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos