Detroiter
Topic Author

Is 45 Minutes In CDG Enough To Make A Connection?

Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:09 pm

Just thought to ask you guys if you think I can make it ļ

I will arrive to CDG terminal 2-A tomorrow and I have 45 minutes to make my connection leaving from Terminal 1. Do you think I will make it? I don¡¦t have language and I know the minimum connection time in CDG is one hour

I already have plan B ļ to spend the time in PAR in case I missed my flight so nothing really to loss

TriStar500

RE: Is 45 Minutes In CDG Enough To Make A Connection?

Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:56 pm

Since you arrive at CDG2A, I assume that you have to go through immigration? IMO it will be close to impossible to make this connection in time, but good luck anyway - Paris is really a wonderful city, although winter isn't really the nicest time to be there.  Smile
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

legacyins

Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:00 pm

I did this once and made the flight. However, be prepared for your luggage not to make the flight.

yago

Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:26 pm

If you have the boarding pass for your second flight it is possible.

A bit short but possible.

Toulouse

Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:35 pm

If you rush I'm sure it's possible. Last week I had a 1 hour and 5 minute connection at CDG, but changing from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 which is quite a distance which cannot be walked. Well I got the airside bus, and all bymyself I had a great tour of CDG, made it to CDG 2 (I had already get my boarding card in Dublin from the AF ticket there as I was arriving on EI), and I even had time to have a coffee in CDG2, check if my carryon luggage which a kind EI lady let me take onboard even though it was 4 kilos over the permitted weight but AF in DUB had told me to check in Paris, and I had time to do this, go through security, and have a look around the boarding gates (they have great pannels therenow at the boarding gates giving you info on the weather at your destination, the aircraft type you will be flying and the name of the crew... I though this ws great!). And from memory, connections within CDG2 are much easier, walkable or you can take the airside bus.
But rush to your area, as I did, before relaxing!

Sorry just saw you're doing the same as I did, but the reverse (sorry I though you were transferring with CDG 2). I was luck as my EI flight landed about 15 minutes early, yet due to long taxi, we were on gate on schedule. Just rush and hope your first flight in ontime or early.

[Edited 2005-11-24 09:37:38]
Long live Aer Lingus!

Shenzhen

Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:52 pm

You better hope that the flight arrives on time. If you miss your connection, and they are two different airlines, you might need to purchase another ticket depeding on the agent/airline.

Good luck

RAFVC10

Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:33 pm

I lost a flight to KBP in connexion with an AF flight proceeding from BCN.

As Shenzen said, I bought another ticket with PS to KBP and AF don´t refund me anything.
El dia que los gilipollas vuelen, no podremos ver la luz del sol!

Detroiter
Topic Author

Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:53 pm

Thank you gusy for your input,

Well, my flight into CDG was 50 minutes late so I did miss my connection. However, I did move from terminal 2A to terminal 1 in 20 minutes only. And yes I had to reroute via FRA ļ

Cheers