AY104
Topic Author

Finnair North America Charter Flights (summer)

Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:30 pm

Does anyone know if Finnair still does charter flights HEL-YVR in the summer?
I can't even seem to get any info from travel agencies, of course on the AY website there is no info at all about charters. I would be extremely grateful to anyone who could pass on any info.
The only thing a customer should expect for his/her loyalty is good service

as739x

RE: Finnair North America Charter Flights (summer)

Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:06 pm

They use to do SFO many summers, but I haven't seen them there for about 3 years now. Sure missed them!

ASLAX
"Some pilots avoid storm cells and some play connect the dots!"

LordHowe

Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:47 pm

AY usually has this HEL-YVR charter once or twice during summer. I think it's best to ask themselves via their website - they usuallu are very quick with their answers.

Regards,
LordHowe
Lord Howe Island - The Last Paradise

FunFlying

Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:59 pm

Finnair flies three times a week HEL-YYZ next summer (2006, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays) as well as to BOS twice a week (Tuesdays, Thursdays). Both flights operated again with B757 equipment starting in June.

-J-
Leaving on a Jetplane...

MAH4546

Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:05 pm

Quoting FunFlying (Reply 3):
Finnair flies three times a week HEL-YYZ next summer (2006, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays) as well as to BOS twice a week (Tuesdays, Thursdays). Both flights operated again with B757 equipment starting in June.

This summer the Boston flight will stop stop in Stockholn/Arlanda, instead of Stockholm/NYO.

This winter their holiday division is also operating Miami-Helsinki via Halifax (no traffic rights on MIA-YHZ or YHZ-HEL, strictly a fuel stop) due to lack of MD11s for the MIA flight due to conversion to a new C-class.
a.

FunFlying

Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:52 pm

Sorry wrong info in my first post, instead of Fridays, the flights operate on Sundays..  eek 
Leaving on a Jetplane...

AirCop

Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:48 am

Have plane will go anywhere. Finnair actually operated two charters this summer to Marquette, Michigan to support FinnFest. Both were with 757's. The SFO was regularly scheduled service that was suspended about the same time that Swissair quit San Francisco. My guess is that they needed the plane elsewhere such as the far east.

UpperDeck79

Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:25 pm

According to timetables on www.finnair.com, the two first BOS flights are non-stop from HEL and the first YYZ flight is via BOS!

I wouldn't say the only reason for MIA to drop to 757 service was the lack of aircraft. There was a lot of built-up demand for direct seasonal Florida flights before AY started them two years ago. But now, the demand has been satisfied and the same people won't take there next holiday there. That's why this year MIA flights are only once a week with 757.
AY and ANA rock!

MAH4546

Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:40 pm

Quoting UpperDeck79 (Reply 7):
There was a lot of built-up demand for direct seasonal Florida flights before AY started them two years ago. But now, the demand has been satisfied and the same people won't take there next holiday there.

There is still heavy consistent demand, as many Finns visit South Florida on an annual basis. The numbers aren't what they used to be, but they are still pretty significant. I do get what your saying though, so it could have been a contributing factor, but if Finnair had the MD11s to spare, I bet they'd been using them to MIA this winter. I guess we'll have to see what Finnair decides to send us next winter.
a.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos