N328KF
Topic Author

DEN Automated Baggage Handling System

Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:31 am

I believe that I read something not too long ago that stated that UAL had ceased use of DEN's automated system. This means that nobody is using it? What will happen to it now? Is it anything more than a big monetary sinkhole?
When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.' -Theodore Roosevelt

AC773

RE: DEN Automated Baggage Handling System

Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:52 am

Funny you should say, UA lost my bag in DEN just last week
Better to be nouveau than never to have been riche at all.

ffis34

Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:16 am

last i heard it want worth trying to maintain the system they have and have gone back to good ole days when computers werent around when man had to do work with his hands....I would think another airline might have some interest in this system.....

Brad

airfrnt

Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:28 am

Nobody besides UA ever used. Even UA only used it one way. It won't impact anything and may free up more space now.

airportugal310

Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:13 am

What exactly makes DEN's system so automated?

Ive heard of it before but i know nothing about it really.
I sell airplanes and airplane accessories

TWAMD-80

Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:18 am

Quoting AirPortugal310 (Reply 4):
What exactly makes DEN's system so automated?

I'm not exactly sure what it was that made it so automated, I believe it was bag tag scanners and computers. Anyway it turned out to be a maintenance nightmare and the pos was scrapped in early October if I remember correctly.

TW
Two A-4's, left ten o'clock level continue left turn!

OOer

Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:40 pm

It was made so that all bags would be scanned once put on the belt and shipped by the computers to the gate the flight was going out of...very big mess!!!! However now...everything is back to manual...and it seems to me that there are a little less delayed bags...and alot less LOST bags...when dealing with DEN!!! If any of you ever have the chance to, you should have someone take you for a ride in the DEN tunnel system....you would see why it is the mess that it is!!!

DLKAPA

Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:45 pm

The baggage system has been completely scrapped, it was a maintenance nightmare from the get-go and only UA used it anyway.

Quoting OOer (Reply 6):
If any of you ever have the chance to, you should have someone take you for a ride in the DEN tunnel system

That's where the aliens and prisoners live...
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Goldenshield

Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:09 pm

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 7):
That's where the aliens and prisoners live...

It's the entrance to the secret new world order base under the airport that's only SUPPOSED to look as if it were used for something important.
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.