This was just posted on the NTSB's web site:

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20051117X01850&key=1

Nothing in the British Air Accidents Investigation yet:

http://www.aaib.gov.uk/home/index.cfm

and of course you all have seen this picture:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Ruben Hofs

I am hoping for some better days and profit coming soon!?

M

Kahala777

RE: Bad US (Airways) November In Europe

Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:23 am

Best part of it all is that they included the new colour scheme... Way to go US Air..Scareways... Looks like you are getting back to your safety record of the early 1990's.

KAHALA777

nwafflyer

Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:26 am

no, US Air lines/way is OK - it was Agony Air that was so awful -- US Air was actually OK for quite a while after it bought Piedmont -- but Agony Air, i.e., Allegheny, for those of us who lives on the east coast was to be avoided at all costs -- a bicycle with one tire was better

Kahala777

Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:28 am

Quoting Nwafflyer (Reply 2):
no, US Air lines/way is OK - it was Agony Air that was so awful -- US Air was actually OK for quite a while after it bought Piedmont -- but Agony Air, i.e., Allegheny, for those of us who lives on the east coast was to be avoided at all costs -- a bicycle with one tire was better

Arent we forgetting a few crashes such as:

La Guardia
Los Angeles

KAHALA777

FCYTravis

Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:28 am

Wow, how predictable, a US Airways bash from Kahala.

A gear go-around and a compressor stall on takeoff... but then, you knew that. You just wanted to be an arsewit about two things that have already been discussed to death on this forum.

I'll give the thread starter a pass because perhaps he didn't see the umpteen threads that talked about these two incidents. KAHALA777 has no such excuse.

Pitiful  talktothehand 
USAir A321 service now departing for SFO with fuel stops in CAK, COS and RNO. Enjoy your flight.

SonOfACaptain

Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:32 am

Quoting Kahala777 (Reply 1):
Way to go US Air..Scareways... Looks like you are getting back to your safety record of the early 1990's.

Ok man, do you not like US or something? Do you realize that the LGW incident was not as bad as people here are making it out to be, or the AMS incident was merely a compresser stall, or that US recently completed a test in which they scored a perfect score on the 720+ safety categories, the only airline to ever do that? Sure, US has its share of bad luck in the early 90's, but I can guarantee you that they had, and still have one of the best safety departments in the whole world. Their training is below nobody.

-SOAC
Non Illegitimi Carborundum

Kahala777

Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:33 am

Broken Record for a Broken Airline...

Proven facts are that US Air/Scareways has had one of the worst aircraft safety record of any US airline since 1990. Take a look at the other airlines and compare it to US Air/Scareways. There is a reason many here on the East Coast refer to US Air/Scareways as Amtrak in the Sky.

KAHALA777

SonOfACaptain

Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:35 am

Quoting Kahala777 (Reply 3):
Los Angeles

Since ATC is operated by US.  banghead 

-SOAC

Kahala777

Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:38 am

Quoting SonOfACaptain (Reply 6):
Sure, US has its share of bad luck in the early 90's, but I can guarantee you that they had, and still have one of the best safety departments in the whole world. Their training is below nobody.

Are you saying that Emirates, British Airways, Qantas, EL AL, and Virgin Atlantic and their respective safety records are below US?

Quoting SonOfACaptain (Reply 8):
Since ATC is operated by US

Guilt by Association! Public Perception!

KAHALA777

D L X

Quoting Kahala777 (Reply 7):
There is a reason many here on the East Coast refer to US Air/Scareways as Amtrak in the Sky.

I'm from the east coast. I never heard any of those terms before reading them coming out of your mouth. I'm thinking of a term that rhymes with bull of spit.

In any event, what kind of sick person does it take to make jokes about an airline's safety record?
Kahala777 (Reply 7):

[Edited 2005-12-01 02:44:22]

SonOfACaptain

Proven facts are that US Air/Scareways has had one of the worst aircraft safety record of any US airline since 1990.

Oh, I think I can name an airline that has had more crashes since 1990. *cough*AA*cough*

There is a reason many here on the East Coast refer to US Air/Scareways as Amtrak in the Sky.

*smile and nod*

-SOAC

SonOfACaptain

Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:43 am

Quoting Kahala777 (Reply 9):
Are you saying that Emirates, British Airways, Qantas, EL AL, and Virgin Atlantic and their respective safety records are below US?

Their safety record, no. Their safety, they are even. (They are all the same nowadays)

-SOAC

captaink

Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:45 am

I don't think SOAC ever said that. His statement very well mean that US is on par with those airlines in terms of safety. Or is that a little too much for the brain to handle, Kahala77?

Proven facts are that US Air/Scareways has had one of the worst aircraft safety record of any US airline since 1990. Take a look at the other airlines and compare it to US Air/Scareways. There is a reason many here on the East Coast refer to US Air/Scareways as Amtrak in the Sky.

Please, we would love to have a look at those facts...

These two incidents that ocurred were neither, serious or fatal, and as mentioned were discussed to death. Don't blow them out of proportion to fan your silly fire...
There is something special about planes....

Kahala777

Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:48 am

Quoting SonOfACaptain (Reply 11):
Oh, I think I can name an airline that has had more crashes since 1990. *cough*AA*cough*

Not counting 9-11-01!  sarcastic 

US Airways:

USAir
20 Sep 1989
La Guardia Airport
Boeing B-737-401

USAir / Skywest Airlilnes
01 Feb 1991
LAX, Los Angeles, California
Boeing B-737-300 / Swearingen SA-227AC

USAir
22 Mar 1992
La Guardia Airport, New York
Fokker F-28 Fellowship 4000

USAir
02 Jul 1994
Charlotte, North Carolina
McDonnell Douglas DC-9-30

USAir
08 Sep 1994
Near Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
Boeing B-737-300

USAir
29 August 1996
Chattanogga, TN
Boeing B-737-300

US Air Express/Air Midwest
08 Jan 2003
Beech BE-1900D

Entire Listing Since 1-1-1990
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/Response2.asp

KAHALA777

FCYTravis

Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:58 am

Air Midwest is not US Airways, but you knew that, being a "Former Airline Employee."

Since 1978, US Airways has had five fatal incidents. American Airlines has had four and United Airlines four - not counting 9/11.

Verdict: If you want to be safe, fly America West, jetBlue or Southwest. No fatal accidents for those airlines, ever.

[Edited 2005-12-01 03:00:40]

[Edited 2005-12-01 03:01:36]
USAir A321 service now departing for SFO with fuel stops in CAK, COS and RNO. Enjoy your flight.

SonOfACaptain

Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:01 am

First of all,

Quoting Kahala777 (Reply 14):
USAir
20 Sep 1989
La Guardia Airport
Boeing B-737-401

1989 is not 1990.

Secondly,

08 Jan 2003
Beech BE-1900D

Air Midwest is not US Airways.

Thirdly, did you try and look up AA. I think you will be unpleasantly surprised.

-SOAC

Kahala777

Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:07 am

Quoting SonOfACaptain (Reply 16):
Air Midwest is not US Airways

Guilt by association... What paint was on the plane?  Smile

Quoting SonOfACaptain (Reply 16):
Thirdly, did you try and look up AA. I think you will be unpleasantly surprised

4 vs 5 .... AA vs US

No matter how many times US Air/Scareways repaints it will be the same old airline, just a few years later... It is TWA all over again!

KAHALA777

ChiGB1973
Topic Author

Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:11 am

IMHO, not following the check list and getting close enough for the controller to see and to be concerned enough to say something is a very serious thing. A few times I did not get the 10,000 ft chime, which can cause some problems when the 3 chimes signaling imminent landing sound and the galleys are not secure. Granted, not like failing to put the gear down, but still has its of sets of problems.

An engine fire, while maybe not serious in terms of overall aviation safety, on an individual basis, how would you like the same captain that did not follow the "landing check list" not to follow the "engine fire/one engine out" check list.

I am not so sure these are comparable, but there was a serious breakdown in lots of aspects of flying when the gear is not put down. I do not know the details of course, but certainly the GPWS and/or the configuration alarm was chiming and/or talking. If that was not happening, there was some other problem with the aircraft. What was the other pilot doing not to notice either?

Sorry, I searched and did not see a topic on this subject.

M

FCYTravis

Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:15 am

That US Airways aircraft did NOT experience an engine fire. It had a COMPRESSOR STALL. Compressor stalls dump unburned fuel out the back, which ignites in the hot exhaust. It looks really neato but it's not dangerous at all.

FFS, people, if you're going to act like you know what you're talking about, make sure you know what you're talking about.

Tornado82

Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:24 am

East Coast? Your profile says you're from HNL and work in Hotels. I'm beginning to think you're nothing more than a fake... and from the maturity of your posts most likely about 12 years old. Now give mommy her credit card back and stop applying for forums. Do you actually like any airlines, or just rip on US and SA)">UA to get your jollies?

Public Perception, yes. But that doesn't make USAirways itself unsafe, so you're wrong.

Quoting D L X (Reply 10):

I'm from the east coast. I never heard any of those terms before reading them coming out of your mouth.

I actually have, but only from my aunt, from CMH, who was like US DM Platinum Elite until her large company decided to stop flying US after their customer service struggles about a year ago.

USAir
08 Sep 1994
Near Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
Boeing B-737-300

That was Boeing's (actually Parker Hannefin's I believe) fault by faulty design, not US's. You can try to tell me I'm wrong there, but I think I know, I knew a victim personally. See also the SA)">UA accident in COS, but now you can bash SA)">UA too.

01 Feb 1991

ATC's fault isn't US', once again, you're wrong.

08 Jan 2003
Beech BE-1900D

Air Midwest is Mesa, not US proper. And as has been the theme, once again you're wrong.

ChiGB1973
Topic Author

Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:15 pm

Quoting FCYTravis (Reply 19):
That US Airways aircraft did NOT experience an engine fire. It had a COMPRESSOR STALL. Compressor stalls dump unburned fuel out the back, which ignites in the hot exhaust. It looks really neato but it's not dangerous at all.

This particular one may have not been "dangerous," but COMPRESSOR STALLS vary. The post wasn't about engine fires vs COMPRESSOR STALLS, but assimilating the need for and use of check lists.

So, in regards to acting like I know what I am talking about, I do. (act anyway)

M

Molykote

Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:41 pm

If an incident/accident is not attributable to an airline's internal practices (maintenance, operational, etc) then no basis exists for declaring that airline more or less safe than any other.
Speedtape - The aspirin of aviation!

TinkerBelle

Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:55 pm

Quoting Tornado82 (Reply 20):
East Coast? Your profile says you're from HNL and work in Hotels. I'm beginning to think you're nothing more than a fake... and from the maturity of your posts most likely about 12 years old. Now give mommy her credit card back and stop applying for forums. Do you actually like any airlines, or just rip on US and SA)">UA to get your jollies?

You're the one sounding 12. The above paragraph was un-called for.

Quoting D L X (Reply 10):
I'm from the east coast. I never heard any of those terms before reading them coming out of your mouth. I'm thinking of a term that rhymes with bull of spit.

I'm not from the East coast and I've heard US Scareways alot... not to mention America Worst.
If you are going through hell, keep going.

AC773

Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:10 pm

Quoting TinkerBelle (Reply 23):
I'm not from the East coast and I've heard US Scareways

I live on the east coast and I've never heard that

not to mention America Worst

That's good  rotfl 
Better to be nouveau than never to have been riche at all.

SonOfACaptain

Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:44 pm

Quoting ChiGB1973 (Reply 18):
IMHO, not following the check list and getting close enough for the controller to see and to be concerned enough to say something is a very serious thing.

Now, now, let's look at the facts here.

The controller issued a "go-around" procedure to the US crew. Looks dangerous, BUT, if the crew had plenty of time to contact the controller back, AND request that they continue with the landing, AND have time to put the gear down (which I think takes about 10 seconds on a 767), AND not have the no-gear down warning blaring in their hears (that is something hard to miss), AND have the controller rescind the "go-around" request, AND re-clear the plane for landing....then I think the situation was not that serious. Besides, that 767 had 3 pilots that probably have a combined 80 years of experience.

Quoting Kahala777 (Reply 17):
4 vs 5 .... AA vs US

Not including 9-11, AA has had 7 fatal crashes since 1979, and many, many more non-fatal incidents/crashes than US.

Quoting Molykote (Reply 22):
If an incident/accident is not attributable to an airline's internal practices (maintenance, operational, etc) then no basis exists for declaring that airline more or less safe than any other.

Exactly.

-SOAC

Tornado82

Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:48 pm

I don't care... I'm not the one unrightfully bashing US or UA on every single post I make here on A.net. I don't like US, admittedly, for reasons irrelevant to this thread. But I don't blame a compressor stall and a crash that happened 11 years ago in which the airline was 100% vindicated, on US and call them an unsafe airline just for the sake of bashing them. Read some of his other posts in other threads recently, you'll see it, and many other fellow A.netters have complained just the same about this incessant, unnecessary, and assinine bashing of US/UA, most of the times for invalid or factually wrong reasons.

I'm not from the East coast and I've heard US Scareways alot

Personally, I prefer USeless Airways. But I only called them that when traversing PHelL, when doing the "F me in the A" connection, involving mainline to the F gates, or vice versa, only to find out my flight is delayed or cancelled, and they'll be putting me on a bus up the Blue Route instead of flying me. As for Scareways, there's nothing scary about them. Want scary? Watch WN's high-speed taxis at MDW, or ride the buses at IAD and almost get clipped by an ERJ, or the visual 31 approach into ABE on an RJ (without T/R's) on a gusty night, or maybe a landing at CLE in a heavy lake effect squall... or just being in a Commutair B1900 in said weather, the list could go on... but nothing specifically attributable to USAirways' safety.

SonOfACaptain

Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:54 pm

Quoting Tornado82 (Reply 26):
But I only called them that when traversing PHelL

Oh no, not you and PHL again.  wink 

PHelL, when doing the "F me in the A" connection

Haha, I am going to have to steal those phrases from you for future use.  biggrin 

-SOAC

Tornado82

Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:05 pm

Quoting SonOfACaptain (Reply 27):

Haha, I am going to have to steal those phrases from you for future use. biggrin

"F me in the A" connection isn't my phrase though. I forget who used it here on A.net before me, I just adopted it. "PHelL" is mine though, and "Flight 476, the Blue Route Express" is mine as well... for when US ends up bussing their ABE-PHL connection pax all the time (I-476 = "Blue Route" and goes from PHL to ABE in about a 70 mile jaunt in case anyone didn't get that one)

You don't think that guy who's named after an old Chevy car is gonna come on here calling me a broken record again, do you? At least I brought humor to you if so. haha.

SonOfACaptain

Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:29 pm

Quoting Tornado82 (Reply 28):
F me in the A" connection isn't my phrase though.

Such a humble man lol.

Quoting Tornado82 (Reply 28):
You don't think that guy who's named after an old Chevy car is gonna come on here calling me a broken record again, do you?

I hear he's lurking.

-SOAC

PlanesNTrains

Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:50 pm

Uh, I think if you read just a sampling of Kahala's posts, you'll see that he mixes a generous amount of flamebait into almost every one. I'm not exactly sure how you can read through this thread and not pick up on that, but that's neither here nor there.

- Dave
-Dave

PlanesNTrains

Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:59 pm

Just a quick example - just reading through another thread about US Airways and the new colors, and this was Kahala's wonderful contribution:

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 4):
It is just semantics, but 'USAir' has been been 'US Air' for 10 years or so..... They changed their name to 'USAirways' in the early 90's

Just like the now bankrupt American Trans Air became ATA..

Just like the now extinct Trans World Airlines became TWA..

Just like the now extinct Pan American World Airways became Pan Am..

See a trend here?

KAHALA777

- Dave
-Dave

JetMaster

Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:05 pm

Best part of it all is that they included the new colour scheme...

Oh - did that happen on purpose? Anyways, the vast majority of travellers doesn't care about paintschemes.

Way to go US Air..Scareways...

Did I miss a recent crash or anything else? I've just flown US B762s twice and felt perfectly safe. I recommend you leave your armchair and get some experience before posting childish nonsense about companies you have no clue about.

Looks like you are getting back to your safety record of the early 1990's.

And how so? Which recent crashes are you refering to?

Quoting Kahala777 (Reply 3):
Arent we forgetting a few crashes such as:

La Guardia
Los Angeles

And? When did those happen? Do you only fly airlines which have never had a crash?

Utter nonsense from a clueless poster...

Proven facts are that US Air/Scareways has had one of the worst aircraft safety record of any US airline since 1990.

We don't live in the 1990s any longer.

Take a look at the other airlines and compare it to US Air/Scareways. There is a reason many here on the East Coast refer to US Air/Scareways as Amtrak in the Sky.

Really? Have never heard that. There must be many East Coasters in Hawaii...

And public perception = facts?

Quoting Kahala777 (Reply 17):
No matter how many times US Air/Scareways repaints it will be the same old airline, just a few years later... It is TWA all over again!

And no matter how many years pass, that forum will always be full of childish postings...

and from the maturity of your posts most likely about 12 years old.

12? My guess was 10.

Regards,
JM

[Edited 2005-12-01 08:28:59]
The Journey is my Destination

TinkerBelle

Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm

But I only called them that when traversing PHelL, when doing the "F me in the A" connection, involving mainline to the F gates, or vice versa,

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

That is hilarious and original.
If you are going through hell, keep going.

Tornado82

Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:11 pm

Quoting SonOfACaptain (Reply 29):
I hear he's lurking.

I sent him a nice long PM a few weeks ago, asking when he has ever contributed positively to a thread instead of just beech-ing about me personally, and haven't heard a peep since. While leads me to believe he has a psuedonym on these boards like a whole bunch of others.

PlanesNTrains: Thanks for the support

Quoting SonOfACaptain (Reply 25):
BUT, if the crew had plenty of time to contact the controller back, AND request that they continue with the landing, AND have time to put the gear down (which I think takes about 10 seconds on a 767), AND not have the no-gear down warning blaring in their hears (that is something hard to miss), AND have the controller rescind the "go-around" request, AND re-clear the plane for landing....then I think the situation was not that serious.

Good call there. Evidentally that plane had to be at least 1 minute or more from touchdown if they had time for all that dialogue, plus bringing the gear down, and still being above the DH. Doesn't seem very scary to me.

supa7E7

Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:15 am

The facts are that US Airways (East) has the highest score EVER issued by the FAA for maintenance safety. Never equalled by any airline, AFAIK.

Also, US Airways (East) has the most experienced and senior pilots flying. Every one has at least 18 years of mainline flying experience. What other airline IN THE WORLD can claim that? Certainly not B6 or WN.

There were some accidents in years past. But the above 2 facts are quite compelling, IMO.
"Who's to say spaceships aren't fine art?" - Phil Lesh

Tornado82

Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:18 am

Quoting Supa7E7 (Reply 35):
Also, US Airways (East) has the most experienced and senior pilots flying. Every one has at least 18 years of mainline flying experience. What other airline IN THE WORLD can claim that? Certainly not B6 or WN.

Well, at least all those layoffs/furloughings had one positive effect. Tell that to the poor guys with 17 or less years though.  Yeah sure Such is today's economy I guess.

TWA902fly

Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:22 am

You guys this is stupid i am pretty sure that anyone slightly educated would fly any airline that flies within the United States, without feeling unsafe. I dont think USAirways or any other airline is less safe than others, and even with their "huge" amount of crashes, i bet your chances of dying on USAirways are about on par with other airlines (UA AA CO DL B6 F9 HP etc).
On this website we should all know aviation is generally safe, even some rundown airline in Africa you have a near zero chance of anything happening.

And in case you need to be comforted about your next trip on USAirways, with America West's crash-free record, USAirways' huge amount of crashes and deaths is now diluted, so not too worry.

'902
life wasn't worth the balance, or the crumpled paper it was written on

apodino

Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:43 am

Off topic, the F me in the A connection is no longer a problem, since they now run the shuttle bus from F to C, and another shuttle bus from F to A. So there is no longer the long walk from C that there used to be.

bobnwa

Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:52 am

Quoting Supa7E7 (Reply 34):
Also, US Airways (East) has the most experienced and senior pilots flying. Every one has at least 18 years of mainline flying experience. What other airline IN THE WORLD can claim that?

Are you saying that the lowest seniority pilot for US Airways(East) has 18 years with the company? I find this hard to believe. Are you sure you don't mean an average of 18 years which is more likely.

A330323X

Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:58 am

Quoting Bobnwa (Reply 38):
Are you saying that the lowest seniority pilot for US Airways(East) has 18 years with the company? I find this hard to believe. Are you sure you don't mean an average of 18 years which is more likely.

Believe it. The junior mainline US Airways pilot has a 1987 hire date.
I'm the expert on here on two things, neither of which I care about much anymore.

TPASXM787

Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:50 am

This is all rubbish from Kahella as usual (notice how he left the thread).

My g/f's dad is a pilot for US and has flown the B737, 762(Piedmont then US), A333, and how the A320. He's been there for over 25 years. I doubt he'd climb in if the planes were unsafe.

Best part of it all is that they included the new colour scheme... Way to go US Air..Scareways... Looks like you are getting back to your safety record of the early 1990's.

How many people do you really even think saw this and cared? So much for the public perception theory. And yes, I've heard them all:

Agony Airways
USScare
blah
blah
blah
This is the Last Stop.

ca2ohHP

Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:53 am

Quoting Kahala777 (Reply 6):

Two words...GROW UP.

I wouldn't expect less from you. First of all, engine failures on takeoff are more common than you would believe. Flight crews are specifically trained for that purpose.

Quoting Kahala777 (Reply 16):
Guilt by association... What paint was on the plane?

The NTSB and FAA don't look at it that way.

Quoting Kahala777 (Reply 13):
01 Feb 1991

Don't fly United Express operated by Skywest either, or fly into LAX because the air traffic controllers are also unsafe. What kind of car do you have? Was that type ever involved in an accident? You're going nowhere with your responses.

ChiGB1973
Topic Author

Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:07 am

Quoting SonOfACaptain (Reply 24):
The controller issued a "go-around" procedure to the US crew. Looks dangerous, BUT, if the crew had plenty of time to contact the controller back, AND request that they continue with the landing, AND have time to put the gear down (which I think takes about 10 seconds on a 767), AND not have the no-gear down warning blaring in their hears (that is something hard to miss), AND have the controller rescind the "go-around" request, AND re-clear the plane for landing....then I think the situation was not that serious. Besides, that 767 had 3 pilots that probably have a combined 80 years of experience.

"This is being investigated by the British Air Accidents Investigation branch as a serious incident."

There are many aspects of this incident that are unknown (to us), BUT 3 pilots AND 80 years of experience make an investigation even more necessary. Could turn out to be nothing and I hope that is the case.

M

[Edited 2005-12-02 00:11:35]

JBirdAV8r

Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:08 am

Quoting Kahala777 (Reply 6):

True to form, Kl777jfk/LHR001...... sarcastic 
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet

vega

Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:41 am

Quoting Tornado82 (Reply 27):
You don't think that guy who's named after an old Chevy car is gonna come on here calling me a broken record again, do you? At least I brought humor to you if so. haha.

Quoting Tornado82 (Reply 33):
I sent him a nice long PM a few weeks ago, asking when he has ever contributed positively to a thread instead of just beech-ing about me personally, and haven't heard a peep since. While leads me to believe he has a psuedonym on these boards like a whole bunch of others

First for the more scientifically inclined, my ID has nothing to do with a car. Vega is the name of a .03 magnitude STAR in the Constellation Lyre.

Second, I only read Personal Messages (PM) from individuals who I respect.

Third, if you checked all of my postings you would find a fair number of new ones. Just because I don't post in many of your threads, doesn't mean that I do not post. It just means that I have no interest in the subject and I certainly rarely read anything that you post. Not because it's you, but because of your arrogant posture and frequently empty content - as exampled by the replies in this thread. Again I suggest that if you don't like PHL, by all means use EWR - we won't miss you one bit.
We are but a moment in this vast Universe and when gone we will never have existed.

Tornado82

Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:14 am

Quoting Vega (Reply 44):
First for the more scientifically inclined, my ID has nothing to do with a car. Vega is the name of a .03 magnitude STAR in the Constellation Lyre.

Astronomy wasn't my realm of study in the sciences because I found it boring, but ok, point taken. I'm more interested in the clouds that cover up the star gazing to be honest.

Quoting Vega (Reply 44):
we won't miss you one bit.

You're right you won't miss me, you're from California and I've never been there in my life, unless you mean the tiny hamlet of California, PA a bit south of Pittsburgh where I've spent many a day.

Quoting Vega (Reply 44):
but because of your arrogant posture and frequently empty content - as exampled by the replies in this thread

I don't know, if you read here I was SUPPORTING USAirways in this thread and a few people found humor in my little PHelL quip, which I then added on to. Maybe you're the one with the issues. I don't care if you don't respect me though because that feeling is mutual. Once again, congratulations for a non-positive post that contributed nothing to the topic at hand. If you notice, though I may make a little sarcastic/snide remark, I typically stayed on topic... which was that USAirways is an extremely safe airline to fly despite what a few naysayers here say.

Quoting JBirdAV8r (Reply 43):

True to form, Kl777jfk/LHR001...... sarcastic

It must be expensive to throw down that kind of money every time you piss off enough people that you need to change your name. I think I'd just give up at that point, don't you?? I can find better things to waste money on than changing my name to go piss off another group of people on Airliners.net.

Quoting ChiGB1973 (Reply 42):

"This is being investigated by the British Air Accidents Investigation branch as a serious incident."

There are many aspects of this incident that are unknown (to us), BUT 3 pilots AND 80 years of experience make an investigation even more necessary. Could turn out to be nothing and I hope that is the case.

There are aspects of every incident unknown to us. But the fact remains that they had enough time to confirm with ATC, lower the gear, get a new clearance, and confirm that... all before decision height when a go around would have been mandatory. Now I've never personally landed a 767, but I talk alot. And I know just to say enough words for that dialogue, regardless of lowering the gear, they must have had a pretty large safety cushion. UK might have conducted their investigation so quickly to find it a non-event that it never needed posted onto their website. And like was said, the GPWS would have been raising hell if they were in any imminent danger with the gear up, so this definitely seems to be a non-event, period.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos