ph0king

Air India/Vietnam Air To SFO/SJC

Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:23 pm

With the large Indian and Vietnamese populations in the San Francisco Bay Area, I’m surprised that neither Vietnam Air nor Air India has service to SFO or SJC. I know that United inagurated a direct service to Vietnam this year. But how about direct service to India. Singapore Airlines Codes shares their evening Flight SFO/HKG/SIN SQ 001, with Air India as AI 8001. Are there any plans in the making for these two airlines to service SFO/SJC? I know Air India inagurated service out of LAX this year, but how about servicing the Indian – American Population in Silicon Valley/SF Bay Area as well as the High Tech Companies doing Business in India?

wedgetail737

RE: Air India/Vietnam Air To SFO/SJC

Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:29 pm

I believe Vietnam Airlines has applied (and perhaps received approval) to fly to SFO. SFO will be their first US destination. I don't think they plan to fly to US until mid to late 2006. I'm sure someone here can pinpoint the timeframe.

Air India will serve SFO eventually, probably when they receive more 772ER/LR aircraft.

BigGSFO

Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:57 pm

I believe both airlines have shown an interest in SFO. Vietnam just signed a transpacific code-share agreement with AA which will link SJC with Vietnam via NRT. Air India - I think they are needing the right aircraft. Out of the two, I would say direct service to India is the most needed. Maybe UA will beat them to the punch.

malaysia

Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:03 am

Vietnam Airlines codeshares the CI flight out of SFO
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens