bjornstrom

RTW Around Christmas - Which Airlines?

Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:30 pm

I just got "ok" from my boss so I am about to book a Round-the-World ticket in C originating from CPH. My only firm stops are NRT, SIN, LAS and SFO.

Which airline would you recommend from Europe to Asia? I have tried TG, SG, CX, SK already - maybe Asiana, ANA? (Only Star Alliance)

Any new or original planes to look for?
Eurobonus Gold | BMI Gold | http://my.flightmemory.com/bjornstrom/

intothinair

RE: RTW Around Christmas - Which Airlines?

Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:43 pm

SQ without a doubt. Their "spacebed" product is amazing, and on their 772ER which fly CPH-SIN you will have 22 inches width and a 2-2-2 configurations rather than 2-3-2 which most airlines use. The service is also really good on SQ so if I were you I would choose SQ. I heard the new TG C class seat is supposed to be quite good though they don't operate it on every flight AND I find TG service and IFE to be a little lower than SQ. I cannot comment on Asiana of ANA though i'm sure it is extremely hard to beat SQ in their C class product especially. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Konstantin G

bjornstrom

Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:16 am

Thanks - I was planning to fly SQ (im in the Krisflyer program) but wanted something unusual. Anyone no A.net who has tried Asiana or ANA in C?
Eurobonus Gold | BMI Gold | http://my.flightmemory.com/bjornstrom/

bmacleod

Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:24 am

I know YYZ is sooo expensive, but you should try to connect AC in YVR or YUL.

Quoting Bjornstrom (Thread starter):
Any new or original planes to look for?

AC recently took delivery of E175s and are expecting E190s this month...
The engine is the heart of an airplane, but the pilot is its soul.