aznjapken

Need Info On SkyWest, JAL, And ANA

Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:27 am

This is for a term project for my Aviation Science degree. We are to make a 5 and 10 year plan that outlines our career path. If anyone could help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated. My internet searches can only get me so far. I desperately need help on:

- Finding the chief pilot/person with hiring power for each airline
- Hiring requirements for the Japanese airlines
- Any contacts in the company that are pilots

If anyone has information that they do not feel secure posting on this website, feel free to e-mail me at aznjapken@hotmail.com. Please post something about airliners.net in the subject line, as I get tons of junk mail. Thanks for any information, comments about hiring or career paths in Japanese airlines are also appreciated.

-Ken

Carpethead

RE: Need Info On SkyWest, JAL, And ANA

Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:18 pm

Japanese majors have their own in-house flying school programs but with the lack of quality students (due to decrease in number of young adults), the number of pilots is being augmented by hiring of type rated pilots.
Starting next year or so, there should be a ton of openings at JL & NH due to the mass number of baby boomer pilots that are required to retire.

Sorry, I only have some basic info and no knowledge of actual hiring practices and qualifications at JL & NH.

aznjapken

Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:06 pm

Great info, do you have any other information about these schools? Such as when the students begin training at the in-house programs? I'm not sure where along in their training the pilots would be when they are admitted. Thanks for you input.

I wish I would be able to apply at JAL or ANA within a few years but I still have a year of training, a time-building job, then a regional, not to mention 2.5 more years of school for a bachelor's degree. So at the very least 8 years or so until the majors.

aznjapken

Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:44 am

Due Thursday, any help is very appreciated.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos