n757tw

AA Charter Question - Kidds' Kids 2005 Disney Trip

Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:25 pm

Here in Dallas the syndicated morning radio show Kidd Kraddick in the morning's charity, Kidds' Kids, takes 45 terminally ill kids and their families to Disney World for a week. They charter a jet and fly Dallas-Orlando.

My question is why type of aircraft was used, and how does a organization go about chartering an entire aircraft? How much would it cost, and do you get to pick all the details, like, when and where you depart. Also, I am pretty sure they departed from a regular terminal gate, do charter flights like this go thru the same check-in process as regular flights? Just curious. Here is my only lead on the type and airline for the trip, a picture from the departing aircraft.

I am almost sure it is American 757, and the Dallas-Orlando flight was on or about 11/18/05

Thanks
-Josh

777STL

RE: AA Charter Question - Kidds' Kids 2005 Disney Trip

Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:21 pm

Yeah you're right, looks like a 757. It's not difficult to charter an aircraft, any organization with enough resources can do it. I know of plenty of companies that have chartered DL 764s(and other aircraft) to Hawaii and such, I suppose the only limitation being the airline's need for the aircraft.
PHX based