Buyantukhaa

TAP To Fly To Dublin, Bologna And Zagreb In 2006

Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:30 am

Portuguese only: http://transportesemrevista.com/arquivo_passageiros.asp

"Next summer, TAP will have three new European destinations: Zagreb, Bologna and Dublin. TAP says it expects demand on those routes - mainly for tourists visiting Portugal.

Bologna and Zagreb will be served on the same flight three times a week.
Dublin will be served three times a week as well, and means TAP will resume its earlier DUB service."

I'm slightly puzzled by Bologna, as NI already flies there too - how does that region manage to generate so much traffic?
I scratch my head, therefore I am.

CB777

RE: TAP To Fly To Dublin, Bologna And Zagreb In 2006

Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:32 am

Do you know when the service to ZAG will begin and what type of aircraft they will be using?

CB777

Buyantukhaa

Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:35 am

New timetable (late March), and plane is likely a A319, although 320 or 321 would be possible too.

Buyantukhaa

Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:22 pm

TAP has published a press release (in Portuguese only):
http://www.flytap.com/Portugal/pt/Empresa/Imprensa/PressReleases/4185

It says that the Bologna flight will be daily, with a tag to Zagreb three times weekly.

Additionally, TP will resume serving CDG 2x daily (not affecting ORY schedules).

PRG and BUD will be served independently (no more triangles) three times a week each.

Stockholm will be served non-stop daily, whereas Oslo will also be served daily with a stop in CPH.

Two A320's will be added soon.

TAP1972

Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:12 am

Zagreb, because next year it is expected that Croatia will be one main tourist destinations in Portugal.

Bologna to increase TAP's presence in Italy, taking advantage of the low penetration of AZ in terms of flights to Portugal. AZ has only 2 daily flights from Milan to LIS while TAP I think has 3 daily flights to Milan (2 to MXP and 1 to LIN), 2 or 3 daily flights to Rome and 3 or weekly flights to Venice. Also NE of Brazil is a very popular destination in Italy and AZ only flies to GRU from MXP, so there's a market to Brazil that TAP has been exploring.

Only now Dublin??!!!!  banghead 

I'm complaining because I worked 7 months in Dublin this year and didn't have direct flights to come to spend the weekend in Lis. Had always to go through LHR. EI flights are on thursdays, Sundays and tuesays in the morning.

Anyway I think is a market to explore, EI has 3 weekly flights to Lis and quite a few to Faro, as well as Ryanair has (I think) a daily flight to Faro. I believe there's the market for TAP on a route from Faro to Dub. There's a lot of Irish golf fans and Algarve has been considered one of the best places for Golf in the world. I believe TAP could compete with EI and FR.

In regard to LIS-DUB there's quite a few business travellers as well as tourist. I think there's the market for at least for 3/4 weekly flights.

heisan67

Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:50 am

Very nice to se TAP at a daily basis at OSL.

SAS operates no nonstop flights from Stockholm or Copenhagen to Lisboa, however SAS Braathens operates nonstop flights between Lisboa and Oslo as the only SAS group airline between Scandinavia and lovely Portugal.