abba

Unsafe Airlines On The Internet

Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:31 pm

According to news on Danish Radio, the EU plans to set up an internet site where airlines which fails the EU safety standards can be found. Airlines on the list will not be allowed to fly to the EU. The goal is to improve safety.

It is also reported that European airlines will be helping the EU in setting up the list!!

Legislation will give passengers the right to have either their tickets refunded or be re-booked to another flight if the airline on which they have booked their flight is on the list. The list will be updated every three months.

The story can be found here (if you read Danish): http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/EU/2005/12/06/112216.htm

Wonder who will get on the list? Could this the end of Korean and China Airlines flying to Europe?

Abba

lightsaber
Crew

RE: Unsafe Airlines On The Internet

Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:50 pm

Quoting Abba (Thread starter):

Wonder who will get on the list? Could this the end of Korean and China Airlines flying to Europe?

Expect to be  flamed  for that comment.

However, in my experience, I have found only three airlines that were *tough* to get to follow approved MX procedures. One is now gone, you have listed the other two. However, I should point out, I haven't dealt with them in years, so if they've "reformed," I wouldn't know about it.

Lightsaber
"They did not know it was impossible, so they did it!" - Mark Twain

abba

RE: Unsafe Airlines On The Internet

Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:51 pm

I think their past record speaks for itself. One only wonder if the lack of serious incidences lately is due to then having in fact reformed or it is like earthquakes - it is about time? I am not to bet my life for a good while to come.

Abba