BWI757
Topic Author

Airsickness Bag Museum

Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:02 am

For all of you who collect the emergency evacuation cards, why not start a barf bag collection? Maybe you'll eclipse this guy:

"One can tell a lot about an airline's image from their Air Sickness Bags. Some barf bags are no more than a baggie with a twist tie, while other sickbags could win international design competitions. Are they art? I think so. You decide."

http://www.airsicknessbags.com/

Somone stole his collection displayed @ JFK Terminal 5:

Dear Dave,

I'm offering a $100 reward for the safe return of my Air Sickness Bag collection.

Earlier this year I sent my 1600 air sickness bags off to be displayed in an art exhibit in New York. Unfortunately, only 1500 were returned, many of which were very rare, such as a 25 year old Chosonminhang bag and an MTV UK bag. The bags were part of an airline memorabilia exhibition called "Terminal 5", located in the vacant TWA terminal at JFK.Airport.

After a raucous opening night party, the entire exhibit was closed down by the Port Authority of New York because of damage done to the facility by partygoers. The exhibit never re-opened and after many months of waiting, the bags were finally sent back to me, minus the missing 100.

I don't know if they were stolen by an opportunistic Barf Bag Bandit or if they were swiped by an overzealous Port Authority of New York enforcement official or whether they were simply thrown out by someone who didn't recognize their artistic merit. But if anyone can find them, it has to be you or one of your readers.

I'm offering a $100 reward for information leading to the safe return of the missing bags. Would you help me find these barf bags?

Just so you know this is real, you can cross-reference my website
Thanks,

Steve Silberberg

[(Credit to the Dave Barry - Miami Herald semi-retired columist - blog for this one, http://blogs.herald.com/dave_barrys_blog/ ]

Enjoy!

BWI757

[Edited 2005-12-07 21:04:39]
I live in the US but my heart is in Jerusalem!