wrighbrothers

British Airways To Seattle

Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:34 am

Hello everyone  Smile, I'd like to know a bit of information on BA's past and present operations from LHR to SEA.

I'd like to know, when BA started the route, what aircraft operate the routes ( it's the 744 right now) , how BA are doing ( load and profit wise) on the route and things like that
I remember reading somewhere that for a while, the 747's were not operated on the SEA route for a while, is this true ?

Thanks in advanced

Wrighbrothers

P.S- Slightly off note, but is the monorail open yet ?, I went to Seattle 2 years ago and when I went to see the ice hockey match and watch a movie at the IMAX it was open, but latter heard it was closed due to a fire
Always stand up for what is right, even if it means standing alone..

ANother

RE: British Airways To Seattle

Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:46 am

I think it has always been a B747 (100/200) but operated in the early days LHR - SEA - YVR - SEA - LHR. I remember flying it in the 80s on that route, looking down at YVR AP as we overflew it, know that I would be there in only another two hours ...  sigh 

asqx

Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:59 am

Off the top of my head I can only remeber BA 747-200s and 747-400s in Seattle on a regular basis, but back when we had the seasonal extra flight it would occasionally come in on a 777 instead of the old -200s.

As for the Monorail, the fire was quite some time ago and wasn't out of service for long. However, it is now closed indefinatly as the only two engines collided recently and both are in need of some pretty hefty repairs. http://www.komotv.com/news/story_m.asp?ID=40596

B2707SST

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:00 am

Quoting Wrighbrothers (Thread starter):
how BA are doing ( load and profit wise) on the route and things like that
I remember reading somewhere that for a while, the 747's were not operated on the SEA route for a while, is this true ?

I don't have any hard data, but J, Y+, and Y are usually full or very close to it whenever I fly. It was operated by a 747-200 the first time I flew it in 2000, but has usually been a 744 since 2002. I think BA may have downgraded SEA to a 772ER over the winter a year or two ago.

P.S- Slightly off note, but is the monorail open yet ?, I went to Seattle 2 years ago and when I went to see the ice hockey match and watch a movie at the IMAX it was open, but latter heard it was closed due to a fire

They fixed it after the fire last year, but the two trains collided just outside Westlake Center a couple of weeks ago when one failed to yield. The trains had to be lifted off with a crane, and there's apparently substantial damage to the track as well as the cars. The word is it will take quite a while to fix. A bus service is running as a replacement.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...alnews/2002649089_monorail27m.html

I don't go to the Seattle Center much, but the day before the crash, my brother was in town and our parents asked us to the Viking IMAX movie at the Pacific Science Center. As luck would have it, the projector at the Eames theater was out of service, so we took the Monorail down to Westlake to kill time and get something out of our parking fee. The cars are showing their age slightly, and my ever-cynical brother dubbed it the "death train" (though partly in reference to the bigger monorail system that was just killed in November). It turned out to be more appropriate than he knew....

--B2707SST
Keynes is dead and we are living in his long run.

StevenUhl777

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:02 am

I want to say that BA started flying the route in 1980, but then I think it's been longer than that. As ANother said, I'm 99% certain it's always been a 747, however I have seen them fly 772s in here as well.

BA has a well-established customer base here in SEA, and I would say they're the #1 airline to UK/Europe, with SK very closely behind.

Nope...they're being worked on as far as I know. The company that operates them is deep in debt, and now they have to incur unexpected expense to repair BOTH trains. I would think it's 3-4 months away before they restart. The fire happened in May 2004, on Memorial Day weekend.
And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!

wrighbrothers

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:14 am

Quoting Asqx (Reply 2):
Off the top of my head I can only remember BA 747-200s and 747-400s in Seattle on a regular basis

Yes, it must have ben the 742's for the majority of the time, I remember my God-father ( an BA 742 F/E ) saying how great Seattle was when he went down there on his resting period. I must say I really enjoyed Seattle, mainly because of the flight museum  Wink, but it was a very clean city with nice tall buildings.
I do rember that an empy bus drove past us while we were at the bus stop, eventhough we had stuck out our hands and made ourselves obvious,after waiting half an hour for one, so one lady rang up the bus company to comlain  Wow! , Now I found that rather funny, but it did the trick, 5 minutes latter a bus pulls up  Smile

Quoting StevenUhl777 (Reply 4):
BA has a well-established customer base here in SEA, and I would say they're the #1 airline to UK/Europe,

That's nice to know  Smile. I've looked on the data base, and there isn't a picture of a BA plane in SEA ( non Concorde) for a while, so come on SEA photographers, get those camera's clicking  Wink

Quoting B2707SST (Reply 3):
They fixed it after the fire last year, but the two trains collided just outside Westlake Center a couple of Weeks ago when one failed to yield. The trains had to be lifted off with a crane, and there's apparently substantial damage to the track as well as the cars. The word is it will take quite a while to fix. A bus service is running as a replacement.

Oh, that's a shame  Sad, I liked the monorail.

Wrighbrothers

rwsea

BA seems to do very well in SEA. The route currently gets the 744, but in the past has also seen the 742/772, as well as 2x daily service in the summer. I think the route could support an extra daily flight - either by BA or perhaps UA (they wanted to bring it back before 9/11, although now I think that they no longer have the slots). Maybe BA could go 2x 772 in the summer, down to 1x 744 in the winter?

Monorail is starting to become a 4-letter word in the Seattle area. A plan to build a new one was just scrapped by the voters, and the original one that you are thinking of is closed indefinitely due to a crash caused by operator error.

JetCity61

Back in the early 80's, BA also flew L1011's on the route. SEA also shared the route with YVR up until the late 80's IIRC.

After UA dropped their nonstop to LHR (aquired from Pan Am), BA offered a double daily for a few summer seasons I believe.

They have a beautiful Terraces Lounge on top of the South Satellite with a great view Mt. Rainier and the surrounding mountain ranges.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Andrew Hunt - AirTeamImages

BA also donated a Concorde to the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field.

[Edited 2005-12-07 22:30:14]

DarthRandall

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:22 am

Hockey game? We haven't had an NHL team since the Metropolitans left the league (after having notched their names on the cup three times) in the teens of the last century. Now, the only game we see south of Vancouver is the annual preseason game that the Canucks play at the Tacoma dome.

I wouldn't say that the monorail trains "collided" exactly. It's more like they traded a bit of paint.

I don't think there's a plan to bring the monorail all the way out to Sea-Tac, but they are just about finished with the light rail line linking the airport with the rest of the Peuget Sound Transit System which of course includes downtown Seattle. It's about time, really. I personally would like to see the monorail line expanded, but the city keeps trying to do it in a half-assed way. I would be surprised if they ever actually make enough of a comitment to expand it.

The IMAX is back and opperational as far as I know. I was there a while back and saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Ninjas can kill anyone they want! Ninjas cut off heads all the time and don't even think twice about it.

StevenUhl777

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:29 am

Quoting DarthRandall (Reply 8):
I don't think there's a plan to bring the monorail all the way out to Sea-Tac, but they are just about finished with the light rail line linking the airport with the rest of the Peuget Sound Transit System which of course includes downtown Seattle.

Totally off-topic now, but correcting what you said: The light rail line that WILL go to SEA won't be finished until 2009, and that is part of Sound Transit, totally separate of the '62 monorail system that "traded paint." The bus tunnell is being retrofitted now, and will be done in 2007, and then the light rail line opens in '09. You can see the pillars going up along SR518 that goes into SEA now.
And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!

wrighbrothers

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:38 am

Hockey game? We haven't had an NHL team since the Metropolitans left the league (after having notched their names on the cup three times) in the teens of the last century. Now, the only game we see south of Vancouver is the annual preseason game that the Canucks play at the Tacoma dome

I believe it was the Thunderbirds (?) V someone, had to sing the national anthem, and being a brit, I didn't know the words  Embarrassment , It was more like, da da something something bla  Wink. Nice atmosphere though  Smile
Oh, BTW, Hasn't SEA just had a make over ?. I remember hearing about it

Wrighbrothers

ANother

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:51 am

Quoting Wrighbrothers (Reply 10):
I didn't know the words

It's easy ... "Jose can you SEA"

StevenUhl777

Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:02 am

I believe it was the Thunderbirds (?) V someone, had to sing the national anthem, and being a brit, I didn't know the words , It was more like, da da something something bla . Nice atmosphere though
Oh, BTW, Hasn't SEA just had a make over ?. I remember hearing about it

The Thunderbirds are the hockey team here, so you would have seen them. They are not in the NHL, along with the Canucks, Avalanche, etc.

The main terminal and A-gates got the makeover. There's a now a 40-foot high wall of glass in the main terminal for your aircraft viewing pleasure. Oh...when the earth starts shaking...run like hell...that's the LAST place I'd want to be when the 9.0 earthquake levels this place.

JetCity61

Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:05 am

Regarding SEA makeover: see this link with great pics!
http://www.portseattle.org/seatac/expansion/index.shtml

Glom

Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:41 am

It's a 744. I was looking at it, because I want to go to Seattle this summer, but the BA49 flight is so expensive. Besides, going with a stopover somewhere increases the chance of going on a 777.

monkeyboi

Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:03 am

I operated a flight to JFK a couple weeks ago. I was chatting to the Duty Manager there and she said rumour has it that BA are looking at suspending MEL flights, but introducing a 2nd daily SEA flight.

B2707SST

Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:10 am

The IMAX is back and opperational as far as I know. I was there a while back and saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

There are two IMAX screens at the Pacific Science Center, the big Boeing Theater that is showing Harry Potter 4, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Polar Express, etc., and the smaller Eames Theater that shows more documentaries. We happened to pick the wrong one  Smile. I saw The Polar Express in 3D on the Boeing screen last weekend, which was pretty impressive, and I would expect that Eames has been fixed by now.

--B2707SST
Keynes is dead and we are living in his long run.

visityyj

Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:20 am

Quoting StevenUhl777 (Reply 12):
There's a now a 40-foot high wall of glass in the main terminal for your aircraft viewing pleasure.

Providing you have a boarding pass (it's airside of security  hissyfit  ). And my memory may have gone but ISTR BA 767s operating the winter schedule a few years back ?

DarthRandall

Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:27 am

Quoting StevenUhl777 (Reply 9):
The light rail line that WILL go to SEA won't be finished until 2009

That long, eh? Damn, I thought it was going to be readdy sooner. It's kind of a pain for folks to get to Seattle from Sea-Tac.

I believe it was the Thunderbirds (?) V someone, had to sing the national anthem, and being a brit, I didn't know the words

Oh, the minor league team! You flew all the way out to sing for the T-birds? It's good to hear that they aren't hiring American Idol contestants yet. And don't feel bad; I can't remember all the lines to "God Save The Queen", either.

But getting back on topic...

Quoting Glom (Reply 14):
It's a 744. I was looking at it, because I want to go to Seattle this summer, but the BA49 flight is so expensive. Besides, going with a stopover somewhere increases the chance of going on a 777.

Like the DC-10, the 747 won't be with us forever, and British Airways has an awesome product on them. Just get a window seat, eh?

Quoting StevenUhl777 (Reply 12):
The main terminal and A-gates got the makeover. There's a now a 40-foot high wall of glass in the main terminal for your aircraft viewing pleasure. Oh...when the earth starts shaking...run like hell...that's the LAST place I'd want to be when the 9.0 earthquake levels this place.

Oh, but what a view! Besides, I imagine it would take more than an earthquake to break that plexiglass. You would have to think that they would design it to withstand earthquakes, since we do have them on occasion. I imagine it will probably bend and wobble a lot. Heh-heh, that would be cool.
Ninjas can kill anyone they want! Ninjas cut off heads all the time and don't even think twice about it.

vega

Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:23 am

Quoting Monkeyboi (Reply 15):
I operated a flight to JFK a couple weeks ago. I was chatting to the Duty Manager there and she said rumour has it that BA are looking at suspending MEL flights, but introducing a 2nd daily SEA flight.

BA is downgrading one of the PHL 777s to a 767 starting March 25,2006. Maybe they'll shift it to SEA.
We are but a moment in this vast Universe and when gone we will never have existed.

usairways85

Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:57 am

Wow, that is surprising. PHL used to see at least 1 daily 744, and at times 2 daily 744's. Now its a 763 and 772. Hopefully they will upgrade it again for the summer

LAXintl

Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:09 am

Here is the glimpse of the BA loads on its LHR-SEA-LHR route.

Q1 - 55%
Q2 - 82%
Q3 - 89%
Q4 - 63%

Q1 - 66%
Q2 - 84%
Q3 - 84%
Q4 - 65%

In general the Seattle market (holds thru for the SAS and NW services also) is very seasonaly biased, much more so then other US West Coast destinations.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

b6sea

Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:10 pm

Quoting Visityyj (Reply 17):
And my memory may have gone but ISTR BA 767s operating the winter schedule a few years back

Yeah, My grandparents were on that back in 94(ish) when they took their trip back to Scotland and thought it felt very intimate. But I hope they do add a second flight to Sea, that would be so cool, I've had friends who've been on it and always comment on the fullness so hopefully we'll see another flight (maybe to make up for the pullout of Aeroflot).

Monorail-The monorail as has been said before is closed indefinately and will not open til next year sometime. Also the whole extension plan was (idiotically) struck down after the 3rd(? I know it was approved at least twice before by a not so slim majority) vote... Although King County doesnt exactly have a pristine record for vote counting (see Governor race 2004) so it may have been approved, we'll never know.

-Chans

antiuser

Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:16 pm

Quoting B6sea (Reply 22):
The monorail as has been said before is closed indefinately and will not open til next year sometime. Also the whole extension plan was (idiotically) struck down after the 3rd(? I know it was approved at least twice before by a not so slim majority) vote...

It was actually the 5th vote. Now we get at least another decade of wonderful traffic!  Sad
Azzurri Campioni del Mondo!

adipasqu

Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:19 pm

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 21):
In general the Seattle market (holds thru for the SAS and NW services also) is very seasonaly biased, much more so then other US West Coast destinations.

Not a surprise to any of us Seattlites. Who in their right mind would want to come here during the winter months? Now, the summers here...all I can say is WOW!!!
707 722 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 741 742 752 753 762 763 764 D9S D10 319 320 321 M80 M82 M83 M87 M88 M90 SF3 ERJ CRJ

clickhappy

Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:20 pm

After 9/11 BA ran a 777 during the winter months (Oct-May) and a 744 in the summer, but it is 744 year round now.

I don't believe they add a second daily flight in the summer (they do in YVR) but we do get a charter in now and then.

vega

Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:42 pm

Quoting Usairways85 (Reply 20):
Wow, that is surprising. PHL used to see at least 1 daily 744, and at times 2 daily 744's. Now its a 763 and 772. Hopefully they will upgrade it again for the summer

Nope its scheduled all summer as a 767. That's the thanks they (PHL) get for moving BA to the crystal palace (A-WEST).
We are but a moment in this vast Universe and when gone we will never have existed.

StevenUhl777

Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:53 pm

Quoting DarthRandall (Reply 18):
That long, eh? Damn, I thought it was going to be readdy sooner. It's kind of a pain for folks to get to Seattle from Sea-Tac.

I have a lot more confidence in Sound Transit to get it done on time and operating profitably than I do the morons who would have run (into the ground, perhaps literally) the proposed Seattle Monorail. For now, you can take bus #194 which is an express between downtown and Sea-Tac, and I think it goes to Federal Way also.

I imagine it would take more than an earthquake to break that plexiglass. You would have to think that they would design it to withstand earthquakes, since we do have them on occasion. I imagine it will probably bend and wobble a lot. Heh-heh, that would be cool.

Good point.... checkmark 

justplanesmart

Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:04 pm

British Airways began flying to Seattle in 1980, using 747-100 and 747-200B aircraft. The original flight was three times per week and also served San Francisco, as I recall. Later, the L-1011-500 was used for a short time, before these were sold to the RAF. The route reverted to the 747, and later increased to daily frequency, serving both Seattle and Vancouver. Later, the 747-400 was introduced on the route. In the early 90's, the two cities were decoupled, and the Seattle flight was operated with the 767-300 for a time. It again switched to the 747-400, and as previously stated, operated twice daily during the summer at times. The 777-200 was used in the off-season during the 2002-2003 year, the 747-400 otherwise.
"So many planes; so little time..."

aeroweanie

Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:17 am

I wouldn't say that the monorail trains "collided" exactly. It's more like they traded a bit of paint.

I'm afraid its a little worse than that:

BCAInfoSys

Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:39 am

Regarding the SEA makeover, you can see some pics I took just a few weeks ago in my trip report (shameless plug). I have a lot of pics and 2 videos in their, they're well worth a look.  Big grin

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/67894/
Militant Agnostic - I don't know and you don't either.

GDB

Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:11 am

madhatter

Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:19 am

Well on their website its appearing that Seattle is returning to 10xweekly again. Daily 744 and 3 x weekly 772. Looks like the frequency decreases in their European routes and the 763 being put on one of the PHL routes has helped this service to return.

Cessna172RG

Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:17 pm

I work at the South Sattelite at SEA. Every evening, a BA 744, shiny and clean, flies in from London, sits a few hours, and returns. Aside from Eva Air, it is the only other 744 that I see every day there. From what coworkers have told me, I hear that during the European holiday season, SEA-LHR-SEA can be booked pretty full.
Save the whales...for dinner!!!

wrighbrothers

Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:43 am

Hey everyone, thanks for all your responses.

Oh, the minor league team!

Theyt weren't bad I must say  Smile

You flew all the way out to sing for the T-birds?

No :0, they just happend to be playing while I was there.

I can't remember all the lines to "God Save The Queen", either.

Lol, Never Mind,  cheeky 

Quoting Monkeyboi (Reply 15):
operated a flight to JFK a couple weeks ago. I was chatting to the Duty Manager there and she said rumour has it that BA are looking at suspending MEL flights, but introducing a 2nd daily SEA flight.

That is correct, Not sure about the MEL route, but they are adding a 3X weekly year round LHR-SEA ( non-stop) flight on a Saturday, Monday and Wednesday served by the 777 ( I would pressume a 4 class one).

Sad to hear about the monorail though, looks prety badly damaged, any news on how long untill it's back on track ( pun intended) ?

Wrighbrothers

DarthRandall

Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:11 am

Quoting Wrighbrothers (Reply 34):
No :0, they just happend to be playing while I was there

Oh. Dude, I totally misread that sentence, didn't I?

Quoting Wrighbrothers (Reply 34):
That is correct, Not sure about the MEL route, but they are adding a 3X weekly year round LHR-SEA ( non-stop) flight on a Saturday, Monday and Wednesday served by the 777 ( I would pressume a 4 class one).

In regards to the four class set up, how different is the experience in Economy Plus as opposed to cattle class on one of those? I know any upgrade at all on the 747s can make an enormous difference.

wrighbrothers

Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:11 pm

Quoting DarthRandall (Reply 35):
Oh. Dude, I totally misread that sentence, didn't I?

Yeah, kinda  Wink, no probs. But If I'm out there again, i'd sure stop by to watch them.

Quoting DarthRandall (Reply 35):
In regards to the four class set up, how different is the experience in Economy Plus as opposed to cattle class on one of those? I know any upgrade at all on the 747s can make an enormous difference

Well, In World Traveller PLUS. You get..

More leg room
Laptop power point
Wider seat
Small private cabin ( maximum of 5 rows on the 744 I believe)
You get served before World traveller.

For more info, take a look here  Smile
http://www.britishairways.com/travel.../en_gb?prim=aboutjourn&sec=onboard

Wrighbrothers

wrighbrothers

Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:58 am

Hello all again, can I ask what the loads are like for..
LHR-SEA on 26th of December ( 2005) and..
SEA-LHR on 30th of December

Thanks for any help
Wrighbrothers

Concorde001

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:23 am

Here we are:

26DEC-LHR-SEA
Departs London (LHR) 14:05
Arrives Seattle (SEA) 15:40
F9 A9 J9 C9 D9 I9 Y9 B9 H0 K0 M0 R0 V0 N0 0 0

30DEC-SEA-LHR
Departs Seattle (SEA) 18:30
Arrives London (LHR) 12:00+1
F9 A5 J9 C9 D9 I9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 R9 V7 N0 0 0

Hope it helps!

wrighbrothers

Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:06 am

Quoting Concorde001 (Reply 38):
Here we are:

26DEC-LHR-SEA
Departs London (LHR) 14:05
Arrives Seattle (SEA) 15:40
F9 A9 J9 C9 D9 I9 Y9 B9 H0 K0 M0 R0 V0 N0 0 0

30DEC-SEA-LHR
Departs Seattle (SEA) 18:30
Arrives London (LHR) 12:00+1
F9 A5 J9 C9 D9 I9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 R9 V7 N0 0 0

Hope it helps!

Thank you very much  , but I'm not sure what all that means, could you "translate" it .
Or ( if possible) in terms of..
First.., club world, , world travellerplus and World traveller
Thanks again
Wrighbrothers

[Edited 2005-12-11 18:11:03]

[Edited 2005-12-11 18:12:09]

wrighbrothers

Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:50 am

Quoting Wrighbrothers (Reply 39):
Thank you very much , but I'm not sure what all that means, could you "translate" it .
Or ( if possible) in terms of..
First.., club world, , world travellerplus and World traveller
Thanks again
Wrighbrothers

Sorry, I meant, can anyone "translate" this  Smile, I'm in the dark on this one, any light is welcome

Thanks ( again  Silly )
Wrighbrothers

vega

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:22 am

Quoting Wrighbrothers (Reply 40):
Sorry, I meant, can anyone "translate" this , I'm in the dark on this one, any light is welcome

A possible translation: 30 Dec
First Class = Full
Club World = Looks like 11 seats left
WT = 70 Seats Reserved
If "I" = WT+, then 9 of the 70 are WT+.

Bottom Line: Lot's of WT seats available in WT.

BAxMAN

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:42 am

Quoting Vega (Reply 41):
A possible translation: 30 Dec
First Class = Full
Club World = Looks like 11 seats left
WT = 70 Seats Reserved
If "I" = WT+, then 9 of the 70 are WT+.

Bottom Line: Lot's of WT seats available in WT.

Possible. But really quite wrong.

What the display means that is that BA are still selling at least 9 full First class fares (F) and at least 9 discounted first class fares (A). The availability will never show more than 9 and usually means quite a few seats left.

J, C, D and I are Club class fares in order of value - J is highest and I is the lowest. As there are at least 9 seats that BA are willing to sell at the lowest I class fare indicates there are still a few more seats to fill up in Club.

World Traveller Plus is indicated by W and T. The availability display here though does not show the availability in this cabin so we can only speculate. One thing that is not above speculation is that there are 70 World Traveller Plus seats. This cabin is usually no more than about 40 seats max.

Economy fares are indicated by letters Y, B, H, K, M, R, V and N. Other letters are used but rarely of any importance for ex-UK bookings. When M, R and V get below 9, that is usually a sign that the cabin is filling up. Where the availability display will only show seats for sale in the highest Y and B classes, the cabin will definitely be heavily booked.

Availability displays can be very misleading as other factors such as no-shows play a major factor. A flight might look empty from the availability display, but you can rest assured that BA have still sold a lot of seats as they know that a huge number of people will not turn up.

Wrightbrothers, you really should just nick your old man's password and check the loads on the BA intranet. Much more reliable.
I need to get laid

wrighbrothers

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:52 am

Thanks BAxMAN  Smile

Quoting BAxMAN (Reply 42):
What the display means that is that BA are still selling at least 9 full First class fares (F) and at least 9 discounted first class fares (A). The availability will never show more than 9 and usually means quite a few seats left.

Good good, i'm in with a chance  Smile.

Quoting BAxMAN (Reply 42):
Wrightbrothers, you really should just nick your old man's password and check the loads on the BA intranet. Much more reliable.

Oh, I have tried many a time. I'm planning this behind his back, so hush hush people  Wink.

Wrighbrothers

BAxMAN

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:58 am

Quoting Wrighbrothers (Reply 43):
Good good, i'm in with a chance .

Hehe.

Good luck.....but maybe aiming WT+ is a bit more realistic.
I need to get laid

vega

Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:09 am

BAxMAN, SEA and BA would have liked my guess better than your definitive answer. By the way do you know why BA is switching out one of the PHL 777s to a 767 for next year - starting in March? Is it just an equipment shortage (of 777s) because of other longer range city pair upgrades, a load problem, or?

pdxtriple7

Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:00 am

I've taken the SEA-LHR-SEA flight now each of the past two summers, and it's always completely sold out. I'm pretty sure the flights in the summer are almost always sold out or near capacity from what I've heard.

mymiles2go

Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:10 am

BA flew 777's to Seattle from around 1999-2000 in the winter months, and 742's in the sumer.

qxeguy

Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:39 am

Quoting JetCity61 (Reply 7):
They have a beautiful Terraces Lounge on top of the South Satellite

This is news to me. I have been to the S Satellite literally dozens of times, and have never heard of such a beast. How do you get to it? I might have to plan a trip just to go there.
I fly boxes. Boxes don't bitch. Boxes don't barf. Boxes don't get drunk and do a number 2 on the beverage cart.

rwsea

Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:07 pm

Quoting Mymiles2go (Reply 47):
BA flew 777's to Seattle from around 1999-2000 in the winter months, and 742's in the sumer.

And as mentioned above, they're coming back this summer! Will operate on Sat/Mon/Wed, bringing SEA-LHR to 10x weekly service.