LoungeLover
Topic Author

Air France Touch And Go Yesterday At LIS

Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:41 am

Hi,

I'm just looking for an explanation of what I saw yesterday at LIS.
I was in the bus bringing me to my BA A319 back to LHR when I saw the AF A320 that had taken off 15minutes earlier.

It was approaching the runway with retracted landing gear! I actually thought it was going to crashland or something.

Then, when it was about 10m (this might be not exactly right, but they were very close) from the ground, they suddenly put the landing gear down, quickly touched the runway, retracted the gear immediately and gained altitude and that

Any thoughts on what this could have been???

Thanks
LL

EGTESkyGod

RE: Air France Touch And Go Yesterday At LIS

Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:07 am

Quoting LoungeLover (Thread starter):
Any thoughts on what this could have been???

Your imagination?? LOL. Jus kidding. Sounds wierd. Sounds like they may have requested a flyby of some sort, i think it woulda been more than 10m, but I'm just speculating.
I came, I saw, I Concorde! RIP Michael Jackson

prebennorholm

Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:16 am

Was the plane clean? (AF planes are usually more dirty than the average plane).

The weather was very nice in LIS. As is is today and the next few days.

A clean plane, nice sunshine, cold and haze-free air - perfect conditions for photo shots for the AF PR department.

Just a guess of course.
Always keep your number of landings equal to your number of take-offs

LoungeLover
Topic Author

Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:12 pm

I also thought it was my imagination but it wans't. The plane was average clean, not typically dirty AF, but not shiny or anything either.

Who knows...thanks guys..