LH459
Topic Author

Funny IB Fare Basis

Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:00 am

My colleague stumbled across this, while searching for a one way fare NYC-TRN. IB's fare basis in low season is BLOWUS! Sums up IB service nicely, don't you think?  Smile
If anyone is offended, I apologize. I'm always amused by things like this. To give another example, Malev's business class fare basis is often DREAMS.
"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is temporary; the evil it does is permanent" - Ghandi

kiwiandrew

RE: Funny IB Fare Basis

Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:04 am

I remember not being able to stop laughing when I was issuing KE tickets booked in S class in Low season for packaging (IT) use - they had the fare basis SLIT21 - for some reason it just struck me as very funny

hawaiian717

Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:11 pm

While it may or not be intentional, the fare basis code looks to have meaning:

B - booking class
L - low season
OW - one way
US - to/from United States

Lufthansa747

Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:52 pm

Finnair's weekly special fares have fare basis AGOGO. I must say it looked funny on my friend's HEL-BKK ticket.
Air Asia Super Elite, Cebu Pacific Titanium

LH459
Topic Author

Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:27 pm

Quoting Hawaiian717 (Reply 2):
While it may or not be intentional, the fare basis code looks to have meaning:

B - booking class
L - low season
OW - one way
US - to/from United States

Yes, that much is obvious. It's still funny, though--particularly since it's IB and they're known for having "attitude."

Quoting Lufthansa747 (Reply 3):
Finnair's weekly special fares have fare basis AGOGO. I must say it looked funny on my friend's HEL-BKK ticket.

bigthumbsup 
"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is temporary; the evil it does is permanent" - Ghandi

kiwiandrew

Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:12 pm

OK , this isn't a fare basis , but it always used to amuse me ( yeah , I know "small things , small minds") I had a client who used to regularly fly from AKL to NCE on NZ and LH - so his pnr used to appear on the screen as

AKLSIN
SINFRA
FRANCE
NCEFRAN
FRASIN
SINAKL

which I thought was pretty cool since that was , after all , where his third segment was taking him .

BAxMAN

Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:47 am

There was an Independence Air fare basis from IAD-ORD (and probably many other cities) around Thanksgiving which was GSTURKEY.
I need to get laid