Pe@rson
Topic Author

Connecting @ BLR: Possible To See Ramps?

Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:36 pm

I need a quick answer: if I were to connect from an IC flight to another IC flight at BLR, would I get to see any apron or stand or runway or anything decent? I ask because it'd be totally more exciting than looking at a plain wall or something, like at BOM.    Wink

Thanks a lot.

[Edited 2005-12-09 15:41:02]
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

deltagator

RE: Connecting @ BLR: Possible To See Ramps?

Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:22 am

Seeing that BLR reserves their jetways for the international flights (at least most of the time) I would say most likely that you will get to take a bus to the terminal and back out to your other plane so you'll see some sights. When I flew into BLR last year we parked a far piece from the terminal and were next to an Indian Airlines planes and next to that was a Sahara plane. (I came in on Jet Airways.) When I flew back out to DEL and returned to BLR (on Sahara that time) we again used a remote stand and got bussed to the terminal. When I left for good on Singapore we used the jetways and I saw nothing that night except a overcrowded departures hall and no view.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

roseflyer

Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:49 am

Domestic flights don't use jetways, so you will get a bus ride out to the plane and get to board it the old fashioned way. It gives you an awesome view.

The departure lounge for domestic flights is down low and there are windows. The view isn't the best since the planes can be a little far away and the windows aren't great, but it is better than nothing. Bangalore's airport really does suck. Hopefully they can get that new one built sooner.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

Gr8Circle

Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:54 am

The domestic flights are all parked in parallel bays which are, unfortunately, out of sight from the transit area inside the terminal.....you will be able to seen those aircrafts parked at the airbridges (just two of them I think) and at the remote bays in front of the terminal....but quite a limited view....and yes, you can see any takeoffs or landings at the start of the runway....but the view is quite restricted and limited....