United Airline
Topic Author

Will CX Return To Zurich?

Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:10 am

CX pulled out of Zurich a few years ago. But at that time, they also stated that they would return to Zurich one day when the demand is up again.

Now they are returning to Manchester. Wonder if they will return to Zurich as well......

kiwiandrew

RE: Will CX Return To Zurich?

Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:13 am

they might do , I can't see the CX codeshare on LX metal lasting long after LX join Star - SA have already announced the termination of their codeshare on JNB-HKG in preparation for joining Star .

United Airline
Topic Author

Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:00 am

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 1):
Star - SA have already announced the termination of their codeshare on JNB-HKG in preparation for joining Star .

Oh really? But I guess I can still spend CX airpoints on SA through Asiamiles right?

kiwiandrew

Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:07 am

Quoting United Airline (Reply 2):
But I guess I can still spend CX airpoints on SA through Asiamiles right?

at the moment you still can according to the Asiamiles website .... how long that will last is anyones guess

PM

Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:18 am

Quoting United Airline (Thread starter):
Wonder if they will return to Zurich as well......

Let's hope so. The airport can seem rather empty at times these days. Twelve years ago there was a CX 744 coming into ZRH. I know because I flew on it.

SQ and TG seem to have no trouble incorporating ZRH into their route networks. I'd hope that Cathay soon can too.

airmale

Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:27 am

I don't think there is enough traffic from Switzerland to HKG to have both LX and CX operating nonstop flights. Not to mention all the capacity of LH/AF/BA through their respective european hubs and our "growing" friends from the middle east.

In a recent interview in the travel trade press with the CX Sales Manager for Switzerland, he said that a CX flight to ZRH is not going to happen anytime soon.
.....up there with the best!