TAA_Airbus
Topic Author

Cedarjet*!*!

Wed May 24, 2000 6:39 pm

Hey Cedarjet, I was wondering what ever became of your poetry competition. I never heard who won, If anyone did win for that matter. Im curious, because I thought I was in with a good chance  

Also, Congradulations on your 1 year birthday with airliners.net, according to your info you joined Airliners.net exactly one year ago today. So well done!

PerthWA / TAA_Airbus

mirage

RE: Cedarjet*!*!

Thu May 25, 2000 2:51 am

I also wonder that and I think that members who participate have left the forum.

cedarjet

RE: Cedarjet*!*!

Thu May 25, 2000 10:08 am

I know, I know, I was very slack about judging it cos I drifted away for a while. I'll dig the original thread out of the archives and solicit opinion. One reason I never did so at the time was cos I was expecting only a few takers, but there was something like 37 poems written about this site! So everyone who entered gets a postcard from my enormous collection of vintage postcards, and the overall winner also gets the airline disaster novel "Collision" which stars a medically unfit 707 captain who collides with a DC8 over Toronto.

By the way, thanks to everyone who had a go, it was just a thing I thought of when I picked up the spare copy of the book. The entries were really cool: "I'll surf instead of study / And fail my exams, I bet / But how could I stay mad at you / Airliners.net?" Yes!
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos