nrcnyc

Upgrades On Air France

Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:59 pm

Hey, I'm flying on AF to paris in January. Any tips on getting an upgrade? I have no special status with AF or any sky team partner. Is it even worth trying?

folov

RE: Upgrades On Air France

Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:23 pm

Don t think it will happen, except if you are ready to pay for it. What will be your route?
Air France have plenty of Frequent Flyer, if they don t they will go for people who paid a nice amount of money for their ticket. Or even their R1 pax.

iairallie

Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:33 pm

The only tip I can offer is to fly at a peak time when the plane is likely to be overbooked and volunteer to be bumped then ask to be as compensation to be upgraded on the next available flight. Worked for my sister she also got travel vouchers.
Enough about flying lets talk about me!

folov

Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:39 pm

Hum yes, I did not think of that one. They might offer just the UPG, but I seen it happen where you get both.

Nimish

Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:01 pm

Slightly off-topic - but how good are AF with upgrades if you do have status (say - Gold/Elite) with them?
Incredible India!

TGV

Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:43 pm

Quoting Nimish (Reply 4):
Slightly off-topic - but how good are AF with upgrades if you do have status (say - Gold/Elite) with them?

Bad !

The rules have changed with the Flying Blue creation and now upgrades are given first to Economy passengers paying high fares (Y, B), before "Elite" passengers.

While before, as Fr�quence Plus Rouge I was regularly upgraded, especially during summer, since the creation of Flying Blue (I am Platinum), this has not happened once.

Furthermore the proportion of First/business seats is progressively reduced with the refurbishment of the planes with the NEV concept.

In addition with the creation of FB, the numbers of Elite on a given flight is obviously higher than before, when it was only FP.
Avoid 777 with 3-4-3 config in Y ! They are real sardine cans

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos