United Airline
Topic Author

CX: Trading In Futures & Options On CPA Suspended

Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:34 pm

Go to: http://www.hkex.com.hk/tradinfo/todaynews/esusp.htm

Does anyone know what's going on? Any pending announcements?

kiwiandrew

RE: CX: Trading In Futures & Options On CPA Suspended

Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:42 pm

just googled it - it appears to be related to the 777-300ER order

At the request of Cathay Pacific Airways Limited (the "Company"), trading in its shares has been suspended with effect from 0630 GMT Wednesday pending release of an announcement relating to a major transaction of the Company involving acquisition of aircraft as already announced on 1 December 2005.

CX Flyboy

Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:29 pm

It is very odd how it all works. Apparently, and as someone pointed out on the original thread, the original announcement was not an announcement of an order, but an intention of an order. Seems this time they are actually going to sign the paperwork and make it official. Very odd, as I don't see what suspending shares trading will do now!

PanAm_DC10
Crew

Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:50 am

Quoting CX flyboy (Reply 2):
It is very odd how it all works. Apparently, and as someone pointed out on the original thread, the original announcement was not an announcement of an order, but an intention of an order. Seems this time they are actually going to sign the paperwork and make it official. Very odd, as I don't see what suspending shares trading will do now!

It has a "Material Impact" on the long term finances, balance sheet and overall medium to long term outlook for the company given the size of the transactions.

Under HKSE Rules, when an agreement is entered into such as this all listed securities must be suspended from trading. I got rubbished in this and another forum for pointing this out.

You are correct, not much point suspending them now, as they did it yesterday  Wink

Regards, PanAm_DC10
Ask the impossible to achieve the best possible

DLKAPA

Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:52 am

So who's winning this one? My bets are huge week for Boeing, and even better for those who bought BA stock last night after the QF announcement...
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same