6thfreedom
Topic Author

BA To Drop LHR-SIN-MEL?

Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:22 am

Rumours around that BA will shortly announce the suspension of daily B744 flights to MEL.

It was only a matter of time that this was going to happen, especially after ex-CEO and Melbourne-boy Rod Eddington departed.

Look out for a QF increase on the sector.

oneworld1

RE: BA To Drop LHR-SIN-MEL?

Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:29 am

I would be very surprised at this, since loads are high, but more importantly yields are massive!! In the past it used to be that one could jump on the ba017/018 ex/to sin very easily in comparison to the 15/16 syd run, however this has changed in the past few years.

On the other hand, I could see a (northern) seasonal adjustment. i.e. reduction in northern summer time and increase in northern winter.

Also, is it not the case that QF has announced that is to pull out of per/lhr direct run? Are they releasing aircraft for an enhanced mel lh ops?

Where would this leave the bilateral btw australia/uk? What are the flight limits per airline/per country?

6thfreedom
Topic Author

Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:59 am

The UK-Australia bilateral is capped at 28pw.

If QF indeed took over the BA service, it would need the 3pw currently operated out of PER.

oneworld1

Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:09 pm

Quoting 6thfreedom (Reply 2):

and that isn't split 60/40 is it? (ba/vs-60% and qf 40?)

planemanofnz

Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:10 pm

Where will extra BA capacity go? AKL maybe?, seen as the new NZ-UK bilateral agreement was announced not to long ago.

6thfreedom
Topic Author

Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:49 pm

Quoting Oneworld1 (Reply 3):
and that isn't split 60/40 is it? (ba/vs-60% and qf 40?)

Current services:
For Australian carriers

QF1/2 SYD-BKK-LHR DAILY
QF 31/32 SYD-SIN-LHR DAILY
QF9/10 MEL-SIN-LHR DAILY
QF29/30 SYD-HKG-LHR 4 WEEKLY
QF 15/15 PER-SIN-LHR 3 WEEKLY

For UK carriers
BA 9/10 LHR-BKK-SYD DAILY
BA 15/16 LHR-SIN-SYD DAILY
BA 17/18 LHR-SIN-MEL DAILY
VS200/201 LHR-HKG-MEL DAILY

6thfreedom
Topic Author

Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:52 pm

Quoting Planemanofnz (Reply 4):
Where will extra BA capacity go? AKL maybe?, seen as the new NZ-UK bilateral agreement was announced not to long ago.

If BA couldn't make MEL work, I doubt they will go to AKL.

The 3 aircraft used for MEL services will no doubt be used to bolster operations elsewhere in the network. My guess is China.

The interesting outcome of this [if it happens... remember i said it was a rumour at this stage] is if VS will pick up the daily capacity and operate an extra 7 services to Australia, possibly to MEL.

IndianicWorld

Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:54 pm

What is the fixation that these airlines have with SYD? The market there is saturated by services by QF, BA and VS, and other asian carriers yet theres always rumours of MEL service being cut.

The BA MEL services are reported to be its best performing in Australia, so why cut it? The QF effect of everything goes to SYD or is this a Jetstar MEL hub idea that everything will become JI flights into MEL?

Airlines confuses me regularly.

jaysit

Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:11 pm

What's the point of this ludicrous bilateral? By capping flights between Australia and the UK, its allowed SQ, EK, MH, etc. to dominate on the Kangaroo routes. Any chance that this bilateral will be renegotiated?
Atheism is Myth Understood.

Gemuser

Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:37 pm

What's the point of this ludicrous bilateral? By capping flights between Australia and the UK, its allowed SQ, EK, MH, etc. to dominate on the Kangaroo routes. Any chance that this bilateral will be renegotiated?

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 8):

International relationships between UK and former UK settled colonies are often a bit strange. I have no doubt that if BA/QF went to their respective governments and said we want the frequencies increased, it would happen and fairly quickly too.

Remember QF & BA operate between the two countries under the JSA, as well as the bilaterals, so it is a bit of an odd sitution.

Gemuser
DC23468910;B72172273373G73873H74374475275376377L77W;A319 320321332333343;BAe146;C402;DHC6;F27;L188;MD80MD85

RichardJF

Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:56 pm

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 8):

Even if the Aust-UK agreement was unlimited SQ,EK,MH have a better natural business case on the Kangaroo route anyway.

6thfreedom
Topic Author

Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:33 pm

Quoting RichardJF (Reply 10):
Even if the Aust-UK agreement was unlimited SQ,EK,MH have a better natural business case on the Kangaroo route anyway.

spot on...

being a hub halfway on the sector and serving 10 points in Europe, 5 points in Australia and numerous Asian cities makes it a hell of a lot easier to get yields, loads, seasonality etc sorted than operating point to point UK-Aust.

RichardJF

Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:50 pm

Quoting 6thfreedom (Reply 11):
spot on...

being a hub halfway on the sector and serving 10 points in Europe, 5 points in Australia and numerous Asian cities makes it a hell of a lot easier to get yields, loads, seasonality etc sorted than operating point to point UK-Aust.

This is why I'm always a bit hard on Qantas I believe LHR is a lost cause for QF.

cragley

Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:59 pm

I'm really curious as to know your source for this 'rumour'.

Considering BA codeshare with QF on the flights, and that they are generally very full, where would a rumour start?

Smile

RichardJF

Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:01 pm

6th Freedom - oh... you mean QF's SIN hub?

RichardJF

Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:25 pm

6th Freedom - If QF intend basing 787's in Singapore which is what I assume your implying.
Why don't they do it out of HKT as that may have more appeal to European travellers as a stopover.

trekster

Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:35 pm

I dont see BA canx this route. Its always busy, no matter what time of yea. Was looking at the loads the other day.

We dont do BNE direct,thats a QF codeshare, so if this was canx, we'd only do syd direct on the sunshine coast, doubt they will canx this
Where does the time go???

Lufthansa

Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:55 pm

That and melbourne is very UK centric.

The lifestyle in melbourne isn't really like the rest of the East Coast, but then again melbourne isn't really on the east coast. Seriously this city is obssessed with what is going on in London, Rome and Athens, probably representing the 3 largest enthic groups here. It's not a beach city and doesn't have that kind of "califonrian' lifestyle, and as such, I think there would be a lot of melbourne people, including the very wealthy, who would take BA as their first choice. Particularly given that it has a true flat bed in business. Rod Eddington could see this. Sydney already receives 2 744s from BA each day, Melbourne is only 10% smaller, and as a percentage of inbound international traffic, there are far more business travelllers going to melbourne (read, its more a business route than a tourist route % wise). BA is very much the type of airline popular with these people. If its really a problem, instead of dropping it why not just send a 772?

If BA were to drop this route, it wouldn't surprise me to see VS start it, and do it Via BKK. currently only TG flies MEL-BKK. Otherwise it will be yet another win for Emirates.

Beany

Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:38 pm

Its going:

CHANGES TO MELBOURNE-LONDON SERVICES

SYDNEY, 15 December 2005: Qantas will double the number of its direct Boeing 747-400 flights between Melbourne and London from seven to 14 each week from 26 March 2006.

The additional Qantas daily service will operate via Hong Kong, offering Victorian customers a new transit option for travel to the UK.

The Qantas flight will replace British Airways’ daily Melbourne-Singapore-London service, which will now operate London-Singapore-London. British Airways will codeshare on the Qantas services to London via Hong Kong.

Qantas Head of Sales and Marketing, Rob Gurney, said the schedule changes were a good example of how the Joint Services Agreement (JSA) between Qantas and British Airways worked to benefit customers.

“These second daily Qantas UK services will give Qantas and British Airways customers in Victoria the option to fly to London via Hong Kong for the first time, as well as via Singapore,” Mr Gurney said.

British Airways area general manager Asia Pacific, Jenny Lourey, said: “British Airways will now offer the earliest evening departure from Singapore to London, providing easier connections with our European and domestic network, and giving customers connecting through Singapore from other Australian states greater access to services to London.

“We remain committed to the Australian market and we will continue to operate twice daily services between Sydney and London via Singapore and Bangkok.”

Mr Gurney said the Qantas schedule change involved redirecting the airline’s current four Sydney-Hong Kong-London services to Melbourne and adding a further three flights.

“Under the new schedule, we will offer double daily flights from both Sydney and Melbourne to London, allowing us to more closely match capacity to demand,” he said.

“We will also be able to offer Victorian customers our three class B747-400 product to Hong Kong for the first time.”

Under the JSA, Qantas and British Airways will operate 42 return services each week between Australia and the UK from 26 March 2006.

QANTAS077

Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:52 pm

Quoting 6thfreedom (Reply 2):
If QF indeed took over the BA service, it would need the 3pw currently operated out of PER.

it's scheduled to be pulled at the end of march, the 3 services will be used to bring Syd-Hkg-Lhr to a daily service.

BCAL

Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:52 pm

Quoting 6thfreedom (Reply 5):
VS200/201 LHR-HKG-MEL DAILY

Since when did VS change from HKG-SYD to HKG-MEL?
MOL on SRB's latest attack at BA: "It's like a little Chihuahua barking at a dying Labrador. Nobody cares."

Beany

Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:59 pm

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 19):
the 3 services will be used to bring Syd-Hkg-Lhr to a daily service

SYD-HKG-LHR will be dropped in favour of a MEL-HKG-LHR. See press release above.

BCAL

Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:20 pm

Well this was surprising news for me, since most of my family live in or near Melbourne and they regularly flew BA or QF between MEL and LHR saying that flights were often full and there was a high demand for premium classes in view of the length of the flights.

I just been checking on the BA website and it seems that BA will be pulling out at the end of February.

Since QF will then have a monopoly on the route (as all other airlines would involve a change of aircraft), fares will increase. I have just checked fares. For flights in February, both BA and QF cost £733.40 in economy, inclusive of taxes. For flights in October, only QF flights available and the cheapest fare is £1,820.40!

This is bad news for those wanting to travel between LHR and MEL.
MOL on SRB's latest attack at BA: "It's like a little Chihuahua barking at a dying Labrador. Nobody cares."

QANTAS077

Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:25 pm

interesting that QF has dropped Syd-Hkg-Lhr

[Edited 2005-12-15 10:27:09]

QANTAS077

Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:30 pm

Quoting 6thfreedom (Thread starter):
especially after ex-CEO and Melbourne-boy Rod Eddington departed.

he's actually a Perth boy, born and raised...

AIR MALTA

Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:37 pm

Very strange move from BA to quit MEL. They quit MEL sometime in the 90s and reinstated the services again. I don't understand why can't BA lease some aircraft, maintain old services and add new ones like any airline does. They only add a service if they scrap another one.
Next flights : BRU-ZRH-CAI (LX)/ BRU-FCO-TLV (AZ)

ClassicLover

Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:03 pm

Quoting RichardJF (Reply 12):
This is why I'm always a bit hard on Qantas I believe LHR is a lost cause for QF.

Yes, of course, that's why they opened a crew base there last year  sarcastic 

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 23):
interesting that QF has dropped Syd-Hkg-Lhr

Obviously they can make more money out of MEL-HKG-LHR. I flew the SYD-HKG-LHR in March/April and J and Y were full. Interesting.

Trent.
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!

kiwiandrew

Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:06 pm

this also means that unless QF comes up with a premium economy product that MEL pax will no longer be able to travel WT+ to LHR - perhaps a chance for NZ to pick up some premium economy pax prepared to go 'the long way around' in order to get 39' seat pitch

BestWestern

Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:03 pm

QF to go twice daily MEL LHR (second flight via HKG).

BA's Melbourne service has lost money since it was relaunched.
You are 100 times more likely to catch a cold on a flight than an average person!

anstar

Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:23 pm

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 27):
this also means that unless QF comes up with a premium economy product that MEL pax will no longer be able to travel WT+ to LHR - perhaps a chance for NZ to pick up some premium economy pax prepared to go 'the long way around' in order to get 39' seat pitch

Or go via Sydney, which would probably still be less travel time and a better premium economy product (IMHO)

BestWestern

Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:54 pm

Quoting BCAL (Reply 22):
Since QF will then have a monopoly on the route (as all other airlines would involve a change of aircraft), fares will increase.

Fares have to increase if the airline was losing money on the route.
You are 100 times more likely to catch a cold on a flight than an average person!

kiwiandrew

Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:04 pm

Quoting BCAL (Reply 22):
Since QF will then have a monopoly on the route (as all other airlines would involve a change of aircraft), fares will increase.

while I dont usually jump to QF's defense ( eg I think it is ludicrous that they slag off EK and SQ all the time and act like they have an automatic right to all Australian traffic - and I have said so in a number of posts ) I have to say that no they won't have a monopoly - the following airlines all offer one stop MEL-LHR - SQ / CX / MH / TG / EK often with service / prices and FF programmes way more competitive than QF - so what if you change planes - big deal - the key for most people is not whether they keep the same seat the whole way , but what the elapsed time A-B is , how much they pay , and in how much comfort they travel .

BCAL

Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:31 pm

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 31):

Whilst BA and QF were both operating between LHR-MEL direct, the fares were competitive. Often you found BA cheaper (sometimes by as much as £700) than QF and occasionally vice versa. Even though BA and QF shared revenues on the route, they were competing for the same business and that can only be good for passengers. Apart from the fares issue, there were always standards of service and comfort to consider. Both airlines would have to maintain high standards so that they would equal or better the opposition.

Of course you could fly SQ, EK, CX etc, with a change of aircraft at Singapore, Dubai or Hong Kong. Many people prefer a direct routing, without a change of aircraft and sometimes would pay a premium for the privilege. After all, the journey would be quicker and avoid the hassle of arriving in, say, DXB in the early hours of the morning and hanging around at the airport for probably 2-7 hours before continuing the journey. There would be a greater risk of a missed connection if passengers allowed less than two hours for the transfer at SIN, DXB or HKG.

The fact that QF will become the only airline with a direct routing means that they can increase the premium, as already evidenced from fare searches on the BA website.

kiwiandrew

Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:46 pm

Quoting BCAL (Reply 32):
Whilst BA and QF were both operating between LHR-MEL direct, the fares were competitive. Often you found BA cheaper (sometimes by as much as £700) than QF and occasionally vice versa. Even though BA and QF shared revenues on the route, they were competing for the same business and that can only be good for passengers. Apart from the fares issue, there were always standards of service and comfort to consider. Both airlines would have to maintain high standards so that they would equal or better the opposition.

theoretically QF should be able to lower their fares - after all the revenue split is based on the proportion of seats offered by each carrier on the JSA routes eg if BA offers 48% of seats and QF offers 52% then that is how the JSA revenue is apportioned - if BA reduces their capacity on the JSA routes then QFs share of the revenue on each flight increases accordingly . There was never any need for BA/QF to compete with each other in any of the shared cabins ( ie other than WT+) because each airline got the same split regardless of whether the flight was booked as BA code on BA metal , QF code on QF metal , BA code on QF metal or QF code on BA metal . This will therefore be no more of a monopoly than it was before when BA and QF both offered same plane service ( although unfortunately it does mean the end of premium economy ex MEL) .

Incidentally , I just went on to QFs website and found LHR-MEL return with plenty of availability at GBP886 in October on QF9/10 about GBP1000 cheaper than the cheapest fare you said that you managed to find .

Beany

Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:56 pm

Quoting BCAL (Reply 32):
The fact that QF will become the only airline with a direct routing means that they can increase the premium, as already evidenced from fare searches on the BA website.

Never look for QF fares on BA's website - they are usually higher. Try QF's website for QF fares or go one better and go to Trailfinders, Austravel or Travelbag who will usually have cheaper fares on BA and QF than you can get quoted direct. Also look in the back of the weekend press for cheap flights to Australia - bucketshops galore.

QF108

Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:08 pm

Quoting BCAL (Reply 20):
Since when did VS change from HKG-SYD to HKG-MEL?

They didnt heard them come in to Sydney late last week whilst listening to the scanner and just checked sydneyairport.com.au they are due in at 7:10 tomorrow morning.
Blessed are the Cheesemakers !

monkeyboi

Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:26 pm

BA formally announced suspension on MEL today:

Reported from BA intranet:

From March 25, 2006, British Airways' daily service from London Heathrow to Melbourne via Singapore will terminate in Singapore.

BA is transferring the service to Melbourne to its partner Qantas as part of the airlines' Joint Services Agreement.

Qantas will now operate two daily flights to Melbourne, one via Singapore and one via Hong Kong. BA will codeshare on the Qantas flights.

This decision will enable BA to provide more seats between London Heathrow and Singapore.

The decision to suspend flights between Singapore and Melbourne is one of several longhaul network changes made recently including an increase in flights to India and China.

A BA spokesperson said: "It is important that we focus our resources on routes that make a profitable contribution to our business.

"The Melbourne route has not performed well enough for us to continue to operate it and our aircraft could be utilised more effectively elsewhere."

BCAL

Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:00 pm

Thanks for all the tips and information.

At the end of the day it is sad that BA will soon only be serving SYD in Australia, bearing in mind that in the 1970s they were serving Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane and Darwin. BA has also withdrawn from Malaysia, so their presence in the Far East/Australia is gradually going over to QF. However, nowadays BA must make a profit, so if the LHR-MEL route is not performing as well as they say, then dropping the route is the only option.

Anyone know how Bearded's airline is doing on HKG-SYD? If their loads are still bad, chances are there is no possibility of VS taking over LHR-MEL in the future.

monkeyboi

Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:06 pm

The loads on LHR/MEL were always fairly good .

But the yield was not.

On the MEL route the jumbo was only configured with 38 Club seats which they often struggled to fill.

The SYD rotations on the other hand are configured with 70 Club seats which are consistently busy.

I'd be really sad if BA stopped SYD as well. I'd no longer be able to fly home while getting paid for it!

Kahala777

Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:07 pm

It would seem as though changes are in the works for Qantas. As of recent many were shocked to see that Melbourne is to recieve the first A380 service. Much to the chagrin of many, Sydney, will not be the first airport for the A380 operation. In addition, it has been widely rumored that Melbourne, will be taking on more and more Qantas flights in the upcoming years. Yields to Melbourne seem to have increased and often cases have dwarfed that of distant Sydney. In any case, Melbourne, in wonderful Victoria, has been a sleeping giant for a good many years. Qantas has finally realized that all the eggs in the Sydney basket does not always mean financial gains. With the addition of Heathrow via Hong Kong, Melbourne, will gain much needed premium routes in the Qantas system. Great news for Melbourne!

KAHALA777

kiwiandrew

Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:08 pm

Quoting BCAL (Reply 37):
Thanks for all the tips and information.

At the end of the day it is sad that BA will soon only be serving SYD in Australia, bearing in mind that in the 1970s they were serving Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane and Darwin. BA has also withdrawn from Malaysia, so their presence in the Far East/Australia is gradually going over to QF.

I guess that's what alliances are for - QF used to fly to AMS/MAN/FCO/ATH/BEG all with unrealistic frequencies - now it just flies to FRA and LHR ( and the demise of FRA is rumoured about once every six weeks or so  Wink ) just as you are disappointed with BA's absence from various ports at this end of the globe ( incidentally the also served ADL briefly ) so QF people are disappointed at QF's limited online capability in Europe - but , as you say , they have to be profitable

PEK18R36L

Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:41 pm

Quoting Monkeyboi (Reply 36):
The decision to suspend flights between Singapore and Melbourne is one of several longhaul network changes made recently including an increase in flights to India and China.

IIRC, BA is scheduled to add LHR-PVG this year when VS adds LHR-PEK.

Does anybody know how BA load factors are running into China lately? At one point (even before SARS) they had downsized from a 744 to a 777 on the PEK route, and were not taking all of their weekly slots. The reason I was given at the time was that the expense and difficulty involved for Chinese citizens to obtain a visa (even a transit visa) for the U.K. negated the value of LHR both as destination and hub for Chinese tourists.

David
In China, everything is possible - but nothing is easy.

richardw

Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:48 pm

I think eventually QF may upgrade their Business Class product to match BA's and perhaps introduce a Premium Economy, so the loss of BA will be forgotten.

monkeyboi

Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:18 am

Hi PEK, the PVG route is performing WAY ahead of expectations.

Places BA Mainline served in 1997 (from LON) that they no longer:

Abidjan, Almaty (now bmed), Baku (now bmed), Belfast, Bilbao, Bremen, Brisbane, Bristol, Cancun, Caracas, Charlotte, Cork, Dhahran, Dublin, Durban, Gaborone, Genoa, Gothenburg, Grenada, Jakarta, Jeddah, Krakow, Kuala Lumpur, Lilongwe, Ljubljana, Luxemburg, Manila, Montego bay, Montpellier, Naples, Newquay, Orly, Perth, Pisa, Pittsburgh, Plymouth, Riyadh, Rotterdam, San diego, San jose, San Juan, Santiago de chile, Seychelles, Stavanger, taipei, tehran (now bmed), tobago, trieste, venice, verona, vilnius,

Let me know if ive missed any out!  Smile

Beany

Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:45 am

Quoting Monkeyboi (Reply 43):
Places BA Mainline served in 1997 (from LON) that they no longer:

Abidjan, Almaty (now bmed), Baku (now bmed), Belfast, Bilbao, Bremen, Brisbane, Bristol, Cancun, Caracas, Charlotte, Cork, Dhahran, Dublin, Durban, Gaborone, Genoa, Gothenburg, Grenada, Jakarta, Jeddah, Krakow, Kuala Lumpur, Lilongwe, Ljubljana, Luxemburg, Manila, Montego bay, Montpellier, Naples, Newquay, Orly, Perth, Pisa, Pittsburgh, Plymouth, Riyadh, Rotterdam, San diego, San jose, San Juan, Santiago de chile, Seychelles, Stavanger, taipei, tehran (now bmed), tobago, trieste, venice, verona, vilnius,

BA Mainline still serve:
Dublin
Krakow
Naples
Luxembourg
Venice
Verona
Vilnius
Tobago
Grenada
Pisa

GB Airways serve:
Montpellier

BestWestern

Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:10 am

Orly was served by TAT - not BA mainline.

Dublin was served by CityFlyer, not mainline in '97, as was Luxembourg. Newquay was served by Brymon.

monkeyboi

Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:56 am

Apologies Beany!  Smile

Apologies also bestwestern. BA mainline flew LHR/ORY '98 not '97 as you point out. BA332/334/338, all 757's.  Smile

madhatter

Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:03 am

With the news release saying that BA will offer the earliest evening departure to LHR ex SIN does this mean a departure of around 1700 meaning a late evening arrival into LHR or are they completely changing the schedule for BA 17/18 as otherwise surely the aircraft will have a long groundtime at Singapore?

Geo772

Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:07 am

Quoting AIR MALTA (Reply 25):
Very strange move from BA to quit MEL. They quit MEL sometime in the 90s and reinstated the services again. I don't understand why can't BA lease some aircraft, maintain old services and add new ones like any airline does. They only add a service if they scrap another one.

BA's 747 fleet is quite different to most if not all other airlines. The cost of integrating a different specification aircraft - particularly cabin and galley but also engines and avionics - would be substantial, and certainly not worth it to prop up a market which doesn't make sufficient profit.

Remember that BA's change of fortune in recent years has been partially due to the extensive route pruning, getting rid of the MEL service is just another example of this.
Flown on A300B4/600,A319/20/21,A332/3,A343,B727,B732/3/4/5/6/7/8,B741/2/4,B752/3,B762/3,B772/3,DC10,L1011-200,VC10,MD80,

richardw

Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:13 am

Bilabo is served by IB To LHR and is a codeshare.

BA has massive debts, they can't go shopping for new aircraft, is it any wonder they alter services to utilise their assets to generate most revenue.