Topic Author

BA Cadet Program Info

Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:01 am

I've been looking around at airlines that offer pilot training courses. All you need to get into these is a high school diploma (or the equivalent in other countries) and, but not always, be a citizen of that country. once accepted its about a year and half of pilot training from getting a PPL up to multi engine and commercial ratings. You also get a bit of training for the airline. As far as I know none of the American majors offer such programs. Not only that, I really want to fly for BA someday instead of an American carrier.

It seems to good to be true... All I have to do is apply, get accepted, go through then complete training, and then I get higherd by the airline. Do I need a collage degree elsewhere to be higherd, or is this training all I need? And if anyone has info on these cadet programs please share you knowledge
(right now im 18 and will graduate from H/S in the spring)

-Jason  swirl 
All flights have great IFE...get yourself a window seat, thats something no PTV can beat! flew 808 Pacific an Atlanic

RE: BA Cadet Program Info

Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:14 am

CX offer such a scheme but only for their citizens. QF has an attempt at offering a scheme like this, but you pay your way at a school approved by them and you 'might' get time on a QF flight deck and you 'might' get employed by them - no promises (according to research I did on the internet a few months back).
A while ago I heard a rumour that EK might start up a cadetship for UAE citizens (as CX does), but I doubt that would help you much.

RE: BA Cadet Program Info

Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:11 am

Well don't forget a cadet program like this is VERY VERY competive to get into and very hard to pass. It is very intense training. And also the chances of an American Citizent getting into one of these programs from a international airline is slim to none. As most don't even accept foreign students. I wish an American Airline would have something like this but there is absolutely no need for it. There are some many pilots and so little jobs in the US.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)