Pe@rson
Topic Author

No Extraordinarily Cheap Deals To The USA?

Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:32 am

There are normally many great winter deals (i.e. for November/January/February) from the UK to the USA, like under £200 all-in to NYC, BOS, WAS, etc., and under £230 all-in to LAX and SFO - even on BA. But thus far there haven't been any such deals. Does anyone know why? Perhaps they'll come in early January or something.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

AirScoot

RE: No Extraordinarily Cheap Deals To The USA?

Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:37 am

Looks like they're running something like that now. I just took a look at Jan 5-11 on BA LHR-JFK. The total price is GBP248 - probably the increase is because of the fuel surcharge. I also took a look at LHR-LAX and it's running GBP308... Until they drop the fuel surcharge I don't know that it would go much lower than that. The kicker is the base fares were GBP126 and GBP185 before taxes.

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:40 am

Quoting AirScoot (Reply 1):
probably the increase is because of the fuel surcharge.

Ah yes, I forgot about that. Darn.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

dutchjet

Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:43 am

Winter is the time for the cheapies over the north atlantic.....we will probably see some deals for the very low demand January/early February period, with announcements to be made just after Christmas.

But, airlines are seriously watching their capacity and yeilds, and are very much trying to get away from flying airplanes filled with pax paying next to nothing......plus, demand over the north atlantic seems to be a bit stronger this year.....so maybe, the number of super cheap offers may be limited this year.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos