Pe@rson
Topic Author

No Extraordinarily Cheap Deals To The USA?

Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:32 am

There are normally many great winter deals (i.e. for November/January/February) from the UK to the USA, like under £200 all-in to NYC, BOS, WAS, etc., and under £230 all-in to LAX and SFO - even on BA. But thus far there haven't been any such deals. Does anyone know why? Perhaps they'll come in early January or something.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

AirScoot

RE: No Extraordinarily Cheap Deals To The USA?

Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:37 am

Looks like they're running something like that now. I just took a look at Jan 5-11 on BA LHR-JFK. The total price is GBP248 - probably the increase is because of the fuel surcharge. I also took a look at LHR-LAX and it's running GBP308... Until they drop the fuel surcharge I don't know that it would go much lower than that. The kicker is the base fares were GBP126 and GBP185 before taxes.

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:40 am

Quoting AirScoot (Reply 1):
probably the increase is because of the fuel surcharge.

Ah yes, I forgot about that. Darn.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

dutchjet

Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:43 am

Winter is the time for the cheapies over the north atlantic.....we will probably see some deals for the very low demand January/early February period, with announcements to be made just after Christmas.

But, airlines are seriously watching their capacity and yeilds, and are very much trying to get away from flying airplanes filled with pax paying next to nothing......plus, demand over the north atlantic seems to be a bit stronger this year.....so maybe, the number of super cheap offers may be limited this year.