MaverickM11
Topic Author

AA To Pull Out Of ASU

Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:01 am

"ASUNCION, Paraguay, Dec 16 (Reuters) - American Airlines (AMR.N: Quote, Profile, Research) plans to cancel its flights to Paraguay indefinitely after 15 years because the route is no longer profitable, a company spokeswoman said on Friday.
As of Feb. 2, Paraguay's Asuncion will become the only South American capital the carrier does not fly to."

...besides Brasilia, Paramaribo, Cayenne, and Georgetown but who's counting Wink
E pur si muove -Galileo

a300aa

RE: AA To Pull Out Of ASU

Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:06 am

No way.....

AA is really in a very bad situation.

AA has also informed that from JAN 1 no more pretzels with the beverage will be given, systemwide.

How bad.

FCYTravis

Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:06 am

Let's see if they blame this on the Wright Amendment too.
USAir A321 service now departing for SFO with fuel stops in CAK, COS and RNO. Enjoy your flight.

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:12 am

Quoting FCYTravis (Reply 2):
Let's see if they blame this on the Wright Amendment too.

Oh duh, I forgot about that. That must be the reason they're pulling out of ASU. They need that extra 763 time to fly DAL/MAF.
E pur si muove -Galileo

a300aa

Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:12 am

Its all about a new local law that allows travel agencies to charge 6 % comission on the tickets that they sell.

Thats the way AA handle its things in Latin America, by pressing the government.

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:14 am

Quoting A300AA (Reply 4):
Its all about a new local law that allows travel agencies to charge 6 % comission on the tickets that they sell.

The AA spokesperson said this was not the case.

"In a telephone interview from Miami, spokeswoman Marta Pantin denied the company is leaving because of a new law in Paraguay giving travel agencies a 6 percent commission on the sale of air tickets, as reported in local media."

http://yahoo.reuters.com/financeQuot...05-12-16_18-44-57_n16253420_newsml
E pur si muove -Galileo

Southamerica

Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:21 am

So much for the rumors of AA going nonstop to ASU, and the credibility of the user(s) who insisted on it.

It's quite unfortunate to see ASU losing the very few international services it has. Now they count no more with direct flights to the US.

SOUTHAMERICA

[Edited 2005-12-16 21:22:54]

PavlovsDog

Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:28 am

Wouldn't the 6% commision affect all airlines equally? Why should that matter?

Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:30 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Thread starter):
Paraguay's Asuncion will become the only South American capital the carrier does not fly to."

Nope: They don´t fly to SRE (Sucre, Bolivia) either, which is the capital of Bolivia (many confuse LPB, La Paz, as capital, which is only Government base).

Also, I think the Guyanas are not served by AA: Any feedback on this?

And, what about Brasilia? I never heard of AA flights to Brasilia (Brazil´s Capital).

PDPsol

Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:33 am

However, AA's 3x weekly MIA-MVD flight are, apparently, doing quite well!? AA already services MVD 4x weekly MIA/JFK/DFW-EZE-MVD. Why not keep ASU as a tag-on for the 3x EZE service that does not end up in MVD? Is there enough time to handle the destination?

MVD is a relatively small market [the city only has 1.7 million inhabitants], but is doing quite well for both AA and UA [especially during the holiday high season].

Yes, I am fully aware Uruguay is a substantially healthier market than Paraguay, but 3x weekly should do o.k. one would think, especially considering there are no other US [or European] carriers serving ASU.

lightsaber
Crew

Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:39 am

Quoting PavlovsDog (Reply 7):
Wouldn't the 6% commision affect all airlines equally? Why should that matter?

Price elasticity. High prices=fewer customers. And if the flight is losing money as is... there is no option to raise the fares.

More than likely the 6% commision just brought this route to attention as a money loser that AA doesn't think will make money in the near future.

Bummer...  Sad I prefer to hear about new cities/expansions.

Lightsaber
"They did not know it was impossible, so they did it!" - Mark Twain

a300aa

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 5):
The AA spokesperson said this was not the case.

The same reason they gave in Colombia, when they said that if the comisions dont go down they will stop flying to Colombia, because it would be unprofitable.

Will see.......

CV990

Hi!

That's quite disapointing news for Paraguay!!! I feel sorry for this country! I was there in June 2004 and I actually saw an AA flight operated by the 767-300. The plane after leaving Asuncion it would stop at S. Paulo and headed to Miami! On the check-in counter there was a lot of people there so it looks quite stange that the occupation was poor... any percentages??? Besides that widebody I just saw TAM Mercosur Fokker F100's, Varig 737-300 and nothing else!!!
regards
CV990, the Maserati of the skies!

BigGSFO

Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:54 am

You know with all these changes at AA (ASU, DAL, DFW-LIM, etc.) Wall Street is currently loving AA - their stock is at a 52 week high. It peaked at $22.27 today. I know some people on A.net love to whack them around, but the current value of the company is growing stronger and stronger. As a comparision, LUV is $16.90, JBLU $20.91, and CAL $20.17.

ord

Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:17 am

Quoting BigGSFO (Reply 13):
the current value of the company is growing stronger and stronger. As a comparision, LUV is $16.90, JBLU $20.91, and CAL $20.17.

You can't compare the value of a single share of stock among companies; it doesn't mean anything. It all depends upon how many shares of stock there are. If there are 100 shares of stock A at $10 and 5,000 shares of stock B at $8, stock B may be lower but the overall value of the company is much higher because there are more outstanding shares.

SHUPirate1

Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:28 am

Quoting CV990 (Reply 12):
The plane after leaving Asuncion it would stop at S. Paulo and headed to Miami!

Here's the bizarre part about the current situation...the flight numbers (AA995 for GRU-ASU, AA906 for ASU-GRU) continue to and from Miami (on a 777-200, whereas the ASU flights are on a 767-300), but the aircraft flies in from and out to Dallas-Fort Worth from Sao Paulo (as AA963 DFW-GRU, AA962 GRU-DFW)
Burma's constitutional referendum options: A. Yes, B. Go to Insein Prison!

LAXintl

Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:31 am

Quoting BigGSFO (Reply 13):
You know with all these changes at AA (ASU, DAL, DFW-LIM, etc.) Wall Street is currently loving AA - their stock is at a 52 week high. It peaked at $22.27 today. I know some people on A.net love to whack them around, but the current value of the company is growing stronger and stronger. As a comparision, LUV is $16.90, JBLU $20.91, and CAL $20.17.

Ya, but AA's market cap is a mere 3.64Billion... Southwest is near 4times that at 13.36Billion!

AMR is just starting to recover its stock price which used to go for the $50 dollar range prior to the events of 2001. Southwest historically does not trade over the $20 or so range, and stock splits if the share price gets too high.
Also Southwest has continued to pay its shareholders quarterly dividends for well over 10 years without missing a beat. AA's last dividend was March 2000.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

AAgent

Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:36 am

Always disappointing to hear that a route is being dropped, especially an international route.

Quoting ORD (Reply 14):
You can't compare the value of a single share of stock among companies; it doesn't mean anything. It all depends upon how many shares of stock there are. If there are 100 shares of stock A at $10 and 5,000 shares of stock B at $8, stock B may be lower but the overall value of the company is much higher because there are more outstanding shares.

Although that may not have been an accurate comparison, it's still hard to argue that American isn't doing something right in the eyes of Wall Street. Consider this, AMR stock has risen from a low of somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.50 per share in April of 2003 to $22.27 now. That's an increase of approximately 1,484% in just over two and half years. How's that for a return on your investment?!?

Now I wish I'd have mortgaged the house and bought a boat load of AMR stock. Hind sight, such a pain in the....

Best Regards,
AAgent
War Eagle!

Kahala777

Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:53 am

WOW..... Is American Airlines going for a record breaker as the number one airline with route cuts in one week alone? How long until they blame this one on the Wright Ammendment?

KAHALA777

AAgent

Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:21 am

KAHALA777,

You seem to be consistently biased against American Airlines. Your profile indicates that you once worked for an airline. Which airline would that be? I often quip with OPNLguy about WN, but I don't hate WN as you would appear to hate AA. What's up with that?

Best Regards,
AAgent
War Eagle!

SHUPirate1

Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:33 am

Quoting AAgent (Reply 19):
You seem to be consistently biased against American Airlines.

Partially true, if you spin things a bit.

He seems to be consistently biased against american Airlines. (ie. airlines based in the United States)

B4REAL

Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:34 am

I think AA is in the right here. AA is not going to kill a route that is a money maker - any route - Int'l, Wright A, DFW, JFK, whatever...

I think, aside from CO, AA is the best positioned USA-based major to survive and thrive. Kudos to them for doing what it takes.
B4REAL, spelled like it sounds

Marambio

Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:43 am

Quoting Pdpsol (Reply 9):
Why not keep ASU as a tag-on for the 3x EZE service that does not end up in MVD? Is there enough time to handle the destination?

I guess because sending the aircraft from Buenos Aires to Asuncion is simply too expensive, both in money and in time. Montevideo has a great advantage there - it's just a 30-minute flight from EZE. To ASU, it should take at least 2:20 hours. I don't know about parking fees, but I suppose, given the fact that almost nobody flies there, they should be quite high.

Finally, if GRU-ASU did not work, I highly doubt EZE-ASU would do well instead.

Saludos,
Marambio

[Edited 2005-12-16 23:43:51]
Aerolíneas Argentinas - La Argentina que levanta vuelo

777Purser

Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:50 am

You seem to be consistently biased against American Airlines. Your profile indicates that you once worked for an airline. Which airline would that be? I often quip with OPNLguy about WN, but I don't hate WN as you would appear to hate AA. What's up with that?

Maybe he worked for us and we fired him for being bitter...hehehe...I have noticed the same thing. I can tell you one thing, we FA's got about 300 shares from the company at the time of the concessions. The shares were handed to the employees at a $5.00 value. I personally have made over $4,500 on them. Additionally, whenever I worked the 5 day GRU with the ASU turn the flight was empty! Let TAM take over this unprofitable route, we need to go about our business where we make money. Wall Street is loving us!!

MAH4546

Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:51 am

This is very surprising and unfortunate, as AA had been closely studying making this flight non-stop in the near future, but was hesitant because of the large capacity of the 763. It was going to operate non-stop, TuThSa, starting this past June, but that was canceled. Maybe in the future with their 757s with winglets we will see them return. Sad news indeed.

[Edited 2005-12-17 00:04:04]
a.

SHUPirate1

Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:56 am

Do the US-Colombia and/or US-Venezuela bilaterals (and the US-Paraguay bilateral as well) allow for fifth-freedom rights to points beyond? Those would probably work from either Caracas or Bogota, perhaps on a redeye turn with a Bus (I would imagine Cargo would be significant) from either Bogota or Caracas, or a 757 (or even a 738, although cargo would be an issue) from Caracas...

justapassenger

Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:56 am

So, is IAH-ASU possible with a 757?

MAH4546

Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:05 am

Quoting Justapassenger (Reply 26):

Possibly with a wingletted 757, I am not sure. None the less, the market is not there. MIA is the only US city that can really support ASU service, and it is still a questionable market due to less than stellar yields, but a one-class 757 non-stop might fix that.
a.

SHUPirate1

Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:12 am

Quoting Justapassenger (Reply 26):

3955 nautical miles...even Boeing would tell you that that's optimistic without taking a significant tax in payload hit.

USADreamliner

Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:42 am

Quoting A300AA (Reply 1):
AA has also informed that from JAN 1 no more pretzels with the beverage will be given, systemwide.

OH NO!!!!!!!!
WHAT A TRAGEDY!!!

Anyway...So, now there's no flights from ASU to USA nonstop?

USADreamliner

eta unknown

Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:53 am

I believe the Paraguayan economy has been spiralling downward for quite some time now- probably why the service has been cancelled.

dc10s4ever

Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:12 am

AA has also informed that from JAN 1 no more pretzels with the beverage will be given, systemwide

Also beginning on 1/1...AA will charge $1.00 for a 12oz can of soda. A cup of ice will remain complimentry

Midway737

Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:41 am

AA has also informed that from JAN 1 no more pretzels with the beverage will be given, systemwide

U serious?!! Wow, now it time to bring something in from the terminal or concourse

andahuailas

Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:48 am

Iteresting, over the years most foreign airlines have pulled ot of ASU, LB, PU, AR,LA, etc. most of them in favor of a code share with PZ, I am more concerned about the dominance and lack of competition in the market than AA's pull out.

Kahala777

Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:42 pm

You seem to be consistently biased against American Airlines

My posts are not biased... If we sat around and fluffed every airline around the Globe this would not be a forum, it would be a bragging session!

Which airline would that be? I often quip with OPNLguy about WN, but I don't hate WN as you would appear to hate AA. What's up with that?

Hate American Airlines? No, not at all. American Airlines, has been making the same mistake over the years and only now are things catching up to it. United Airlines, has learned from their mistakes and they are on the way back to recovery. American Airlines, used to be the airline to fly, and the choice of many. Since 9-11, or actually before American Airlines has seemed to be an airline with an identity crisis. Many on here will say that AA is the be all end all airline, and that American Airlines is only adapting to the industry. Perhaps, they are. In saying so, perhaps, they should have realized a few years back that when you nickel and dime your passenger base, and offer nothing more than the next airline, why fly American Airlines?

Quoting 777Purser (Reply 23):
Maybe he worked for us and we fired him for being bitter...hehehe...

Me, for American Airlines? A joke right? You couldnt pay me enough to work for a domestic airline in a post 9-11-01 World.

I have a good number of friends who have been/are employed by American Airlines. One of the constants is that they all say, as I lament still. Being a Flight Attendant/Airline Employee today, is nothing at all of what it was in the late 1990's, or pre 9-11-01. Something happened that day and a good number of employees and management are now using that date as an excuse for not only their attitude but their excuses for poor service and nickel and diming.

In the aftermath the legacys airlines have gotten an attitude of pay or fly, and that they think they can go head to head with LCC's that have a much, much lower CASM. American Airlines was living in a glass bubble pre 9-11, and only now are they starting to realize things are not as hunky dory as the senators from Texas would like them to be.. Less we get into a discussion about W and his protectionism of Texas, and its baby at DFW.

While I am very critical of American Airlines, I will not at any point attack any part of their International In-Flight Service. For as far as this traveler is concerned, American Airlines, will get my money any day over the likes of DL, NW, and US when it comes to travel to Europe. American Airlines offers a great product in Business, and First Class. Service on routes to Brasil, are always, always beyond imagination. I can admit I was a bit upset when they dropped the DFW-GRU 777 service, but they have to do with what they have. If they need to move the aircraft here to JFK that is fine.. or wherever the aircraft was better utilized. My beef is not with AA International In-Flight.

My beef is with the domestic operation of American Airlines; The inability for American Airlines to stay true to the premise that they were founded on; The out of touch service skills of a good many employees.

KAHALA777

incitatus

Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:45 pm

I very strongly suspect that this route was a loser all along and was maintained just for coverage. ASU is a small city and the economy of Paraguay is very small as well. Whover doubt that please go there and check it out. ASU can be toured in about 2 hours. There is no comparison with MVD. Uruguay is a much richer country and does have its share of tourism to boot.
Stop pop up ads

Kahala777

Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:55 pm

Wasnt ASU served in the past with a 757 via LPB?

KAHALA777

MAH4546

Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:10 pm

Quoting USADreamliner (Reply 29):
Anyway...So, now there's no flights from ASU to USA nonstop?

There hasn't been for a very long time. AA's Asuncion service is from Sao Paulo.
a.

SHUPirate1

Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:22 pm

MAH-I know I asked this above, but it seems to have gone unnoticed...do the US-Colombia and US-Venezuela bilaterals allow for beyond-gateway flights, for instance, for a 'Bus to fly MIA-BOG-ASU (and return), or for a 738 to fly DFW-CCS-ASU and return, a 757 to fly JFK-CCS-ASU and return, or for a 'Bus to fly MIA-CCS-ASU and return, with all of these being overnight turns (obviously, I'm suggesting one of the above, rather than all four).

Southamerica

Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:54 pm

Quoting SHUPirate1 (Reply 38):
do the US-Colombia and US-Venezuela bilaterals allow for beyond-gateway flights, for instance, for a 'Bus to fly MIA-BOG-ASU (and return), or for a 738 to fly DFW-CCS-ASU and return, a 757 to fly JFK-CCS-ASU and return, or for a 'Bus to fly MIA-CCS-ASU and return, with all of these being overnight turns (obviously, I'm suggesting one of the above, rather than all four).

Britt, I'll answer you regarding Colombia's case.

Yes, the current bilateral agreement does allow any US carrier to fly between the United States and either Bogota, Medellin, Cali, Barranquilla or Cartagena, and onwards to any point in the western hemisphere.

The problem is the lack of market between Bogota and Asuncion. The two smallest intra-South America markets out of BOG with active air-services are BOG-VVI and then BOG-GIG, and both lost passengers in 2005 compared to 2004 in up to 30%, which make operations to them even less viable. Hence AV's plan to transfer GIG to its partner OceanAir and only serve GRU for instance.

I understand that the Colombian goverment charges astronomic fees for international operations out of the country, and that's why markets that seem sizeable [e.g. MDE-CCS with more than 65 daily passengers] remain unserved; it is impossible to make them profitable with weak numbers just for the sheer cost of the operation.

Bogota is out of question in my opinion.

SOUTHAMERICA

Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:23 pm

Quoting Kahala777 (Reply 36):
Wasnt ASU served in the past with a 757 via LPB?

No: In the past, Eastern flew 727 service ASU-LPB-LIM to connect to MIA and other destinations with an aircraft arriving from SCL and maybe also EZE.

The end of the ASU-LPB-LIM route was fast after their fatal accident shortly before landing in LPB.

Braniff International had DC8 services from ASU-LPB-LIM and same as Eastern, connected in LIM with aircraft arriving from SCL and then had onward connections to MIA and LAX.

Way back in the past, Panagra also flew LPB - ASU.

Maybe AA had an experimental flight LPB/ASU/LPB but I´m not aware/not informed because since the start of their services to Bolivia they flew in regularly with the 757, sometimes even twice a day which makes me ask, why they don´t consider larger aircraft.

Quoting Andahuailas (Reply 33):
most foreign airlines have pulled ot of ASU, LB

Actually LB sometimes still takes aircraft to ASU in codeshare with PZ. The point is: PZ has daily F-100 flights with firmly forseen aircraft for their ASU-VVI-CBB-VVI-ASU flights whereas LB lacks "proper" aircraft to do so. The old 727´s are just not competitive on the route, which (as I posted earlier) is irronically horrendously expensive due to lack of competition.

DBCooper

Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:44 pm

AA originally served ASU on a 3 day per week MIA-PTY-LIM-LPB-ASU routing (trivia: the other 3 day per week service via PTY & LIM was a MIA-PTY-LIM-SCL)...which shifted to daily GRU-ASU when MIA-LPB-VVI-MIA started.

IIRC, AA has 5th freedom traffic rights GRU-ASU, and furthermore collects passengers in GRU arriving from MIA, JFK and DFW.

Since the aircraft would otherwise sit all day in GRU, dropping ASU suggests the route is either not covering variable cost...or that seats for the USA-GRU O&Ds can be sold at a higher price then USA-ASU...or codeshare partner JJ/PZ can offer a similar service that will connect to/from the USA.

At one time AA operated a nice mini-hub at GRU, with flights arriving at GRU from DFW, JFK and MIA (2 per day). These flights connected or operated through to ASU, CNF, GIG and MVD. Back a few years ago, AA partner CP contributed a YYZ-GRU-EZE which also added variety to this operation.

ASU was one of the original EA stations that were part of AA's acquisition of EA's Latin American assets. But...it will not be the first station dropped. That dubious honor goes to BAQ which was replaced by CTG.

- DBC

AJMIA

Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:30 pm

Quoting DBCooper (Reply 41):
Since the aircraft would otherwise sit all day in GRU, dropping ASU suggests the route is either not covering variable cost...or that seats for the USA-GRU O&Ds can be sold at a higher price then USA-ASU

Probably both are true...

The MIA-GRU flights are almost always full of local GRU passengers. I don't think AA will have a problem filling the extra MIA-GRU capacity.

Crew costs might be an issue because I believe you need to overnight an extra crew in GRU for two nights to fly that one little turn.

I am surprised that ASU was dropped. I would have bet my bottom dollar that the GRU-ASU tag was going to be replaced with a nonstop winglet 757 from MIA.

ASU was one of the original EA stations that were part of AA's acquisition of EA's Latin American assets. But...it will not be the first station dropped. That dubious honor goes to BAQ which was replaced by CTG.

BAQ was dropped for MDE. Although I believe both BAQ and CTG are on the wish list.

AJMIA
Lady it's a jet... not a kite.

2travel2know

Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:30 pm

How about MIA - MVD via ASU?
I don't work for COPA Airlines!

md90fan

Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:15 am

Quoting AAgent (Reply 17):
Always disappointing to hear that a route is being dropped, especially an international route.

It is  Sad

Does anybody think AA can use a 75W on this route?
http://www.devanwells.blogspot.com/

MAH4546

Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:17 am

Quoting AJMIA (Reply 42):
BAQ was dropped for MDE. Although I believe both BAQ and CTG are on the wish list.

BAQ may be re-introduced in 2006 as the more lax US-Colombia bilatteral may allow it.

Quoting 2travel2know (Reply 43):
How about MIA - MVD via ASU?

Montevideo is a very high-yielding market for AA. There is no reason to make the MVD flight via ASU when MIA-MVD non-stop is a great performing route for them.
a.

skyhigh777

Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:13 am

What?! I am flying to Asuncion in 6 days on AA and have never done the Sao Paulo-ASU flight with them. I have done it with TAM numerous times, but they have an annoying stop in Ciudad Del Este before continuing. This is sad! I'm gonna miss seeing the AA 767 at the airport in Paraguay!  Sad
Prepare for take-off.

Kahala777

Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:26 am

Quoting SHUPirate1 (Reply 38):
MAH-I know I asked this above, but it seems to have gone unnoticed...do the US-Colombia and US-Venezuela bilaterals allow for beyond-gateway flights, for instance, for a 'Bus to fly MIA-BOG-ASU (and return), or for a 738 to fly DFW-CCS-ASU and return, a 757 to fly JFK-CCS-ASU and return, or for a 'Bus to fly MIA-CCS-ASU and return, with all of these being overnight turns (obviously, I'm suggesting one of the above, rather than all four).

The current US political climate with Venezuela would never allow such a thing. This war of words between Chavez and Bush that escalates by the day is only going to make things worse for US airlines in the region that want 5th freedom rights, or frequency additions.

KAHALA777

LipeGIG

Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:35 am

IIRC, AA has 5th freedom traffic rights GRU-ASU, and furthermore collects passengers in GRU arriving from MIA, JFK and DFW.

Yes, the bilateral US-Brazil allows that.
See www.cernai.gov.br and look for the bilateral US-Brazil.
IMO, AA will add GRU-ASU PZ flight to it's code-share with TAM.

Quoting AJMIA (Reply 42):
The MIA-GRU flights are almost always full of local GRU passengers. I don't think AA will have a problem filling the extra MIA-GRU capacity.

Not only São Paulo but also from other 10 brazilian cities like Belo Horizonte, Curitiba, Porto Alegre, Brasilia, Salvador. Loads for AA on Brazil are high all around the year (including off-peak).

Quoting SkyHigh777 (Reply 46):
What?! I am flying to Asuncion in 6 days on AA and have never done the Sao Paulo-ASU flight with them. I have done it with TAM numerous times, but they have an annoying stop in Ciudad Del Este before continuing

TAM Mercosur runs GRU-ASU non stop and GRU-ASU with stops at Ciudad del Este.

Felipe
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

2travel2know

Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:53 am

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 45):
Montevideo is a very high-yielding market for AA. There is no reason to make the MVD flight via ASU when MIA-MVD non-stop is a great performing route for them

How about MIA - SCL - ASU then?
AA B737 might have the range for a SJU - ASU, but I see no point in AA flying to Paraguay via their SJU hub..
I don't work for COPA Airlines!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos