OOer
Topic Author

MCO WN Jobs!

Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:27 pm

So I have noticed that for the past couple months on WNs website that there are CS and Ramp job openings in MCO. Are there actually openings or are they on there just to get some resumes in? Any info would be appreciated.

OOer
Topic Author

RE: MCO WN Jobs!

Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:43 am

So I guess nobody knows?

r311music

Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:44 am

Actually hiring. Thought about a transfer to MCO from BDL but chose BWI instead. But when I called MCO, they had plenty of openings for ramp agents.
confusing use of time

OOer
Topic Author

Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:35 am

I applied online about 1 week ago...havent even gotten an email or phone call. Strange.

isitsafenow

Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:04 am

OOer...Hope you get the job with the carrier of your choice. Read into WN website on employment. Pretty much what you need to know its there. I can tell you that carriers are a little slow in responding. I sent an E Mail to DL on a milege request last October. I got a reply telling me they would get to me soon but I had to wait because of the large amount of E mail they received.
The one person who reads the E Mail must be run over because its Dec 20 and I am still waiting for that answer....(a little fun with DL response time there, folks..I'm sure the DL diehards will now be bent of shape because I polked fun at them....they have done so in the past..... LOL). Good luck and hope WN gives you an interview.
safe
If two people agree on EVERYTHING, then one isn't necessary.

YANQUI67

Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:12 am

I put my resume on their site for AMT positions once a month. Ive been doing it for over 6 months now. I havent heard one thing yet. I will continue to send it in. Does anybody know how they hire AMTs?

scxmechanic

Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:58 am

Yanqui67,

Good luck.. There are many many people in the hiring pool waiting for positions. Our VP of Maintenance said we are only going to hire about 30 or so AMT's this next year.

What work experience do you have and on what types of aircraft? All of this would determine how soon you get called for an interview. Lots of people with tons of experience looking for work so SWA can be selective on who they hire.

goingboeing

Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:41 am

Quoting OOer (Reply 3):
I applied online about 1 week ago...havent even gotten an email or phone call. Strange.

PAtience. I read where Southwest gets between 180 and 600 applications for employment every day. I also understand that they are VERY selective for all positions.

OOer
Topic Author

Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:03 am

Does it help get you an interview if you know someone at WN at they can maybe email someone for you?

ntspelich

Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:21 am

R311music, when you heading down our way?

Yes, there is hiring going on in MCO. Last week when I was at our People Dept doing some interviews for BWI I know that one of the recruiters was down at MCO doing some as well.

Quoting OOer (Reply 8):
Does it help get you an interview if you know someone at WN at they can maybe email someone for you?

Yes, we have a lot of employee referrals, and while it is a foot in the door, it doesn't guarantee much. Hopefully our folks aren't going to refer a total flake, so that's where it can help speed things up (getting into one-on-ones, etc.)
United 717 heavy, you're facing the wrong way. Any chance you can powerback to get off of my deice pad?

malaysia

Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:23 am

They use to have open houses around PHX and BWI
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

OOer
Topic Author

Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:34 am

Does it help at at if you visit one of the open houses in LAS for a job in MCO...or is it only for jobs in LAS?

YANQUI67

Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:52 pm

Quoting SCXmechanic (Reply 6):
What work experience do you have and on what types of aircraft?

Hey SCXmech, I used to work for Delta for7 years. I worked base maintenance,letter check and one year of overhaul(SUCKED)!! I was qualified on B-727-200,737-200,300,800NG,757-200,767-200,300,300ER,400ER,777-200ER and MD-88,90,11 and worked on the L-1011 but didnt get qualified since they were getting ready to retire them. I was ETOPS qualed on all the ERs. I had many qualifications but there must be so many to choose from that I am a nobody. I even had a WN pilot friend put a referral for me and I still havent heard from them. I will keep sending my resume.

ntspelich

Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:56 pm

Quoting OOer (Reply 11):
Does it help at at if you visit one of the open houses in LAS for a job in MCO...or is it only for jobs in LAS?

Typically the "open houses" as everyone is calling them are for jobs in the city where they're being held.
United 717 heavy, you're facing the wrong way. Any chance you can powerback to get off of my deice pad?

OOer
Topic Author

Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:31 am

Any chance of being an openhouse in MCO anytime? Or are there not that many openings in MCO for WN? Also, how much importance does WN give to having previous airline experience...I have been with OO for about 1.5 years...cross-utilized!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos