rjpieces

AirTrain Station At New JetBlue Terminal At JFK

Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:55 am

When jetBlue opens their new terminal at JFK located behind Terminal 5, will they move the AirTrain station closer to the new terminal?

Currently it is locatead pretty much in front of T6, and it connects right to the entrance to Terminal 6....

It seems like it would be very difficult to build a new AirTrain station, but at the same time seems very hard to build a connection from the current AirTrain station to Terminal 5 (even further if you build it to the new terminal behind it).

Also, would it be totally out of the realm of possibilites to extend the AirTrain track to bring it closer to the new terminal? Seeing that the rest of the system is complete, I can't imagine it being a huge expense to add some new track...

Any thoughts on what they will do?
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

richierich

RE: AirTrain Station At New JetBlue Terminal At JFK

Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:31 am

Last time I flew JetBlue, I asked a crewmember this very question!

He informed me that the plan was to build a walkway from the current station to the new terminal. I guess it would connect somewhere near the T6 elevator bank and go toward the new terminal from there. Apparently there would be another set or two of moving walkways.

The walk from the AirTrain to the terminal is going to be a long one!

(I want to point out that the T6 AirTrain walkway has some great views of JFK. You can clearly see all activity at every runway except 31L/13R.)
None shall pass!!!!

rjpieces

Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:36 am

Quoting Richierich (Reply 1):
He informed me that the plan was to build a walkway from the current station to the new terminal.

To Terminal 5, or the new one being built behind it?

The walk from the AirTrain to the terminal is going to be a long one!

Dam right haha!  Smile It's one of the longer ones as it is I think.

(I want to point out that the T6 AirTrain walkway has some great views of JFK. You can clearly see all activity at every runway except 31L/13R.)

Totally. A fellow A.netter and I were spotting there during the summer and were asked to move though....
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

STT757

Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:10 am

Quoting RJpieces (Thread starter):
will they move the AirTrain station closer to the new terminal?

Quoting RJpieces (Thread starter):
Currently it is locatead pretty much in front of T6, and it connects right to the entrance to Terminal 6....

The Airtrain station is actually between T5 and T-6, the elevator drops you off on the East side of T-6 (outside). It's going to be a bit of a walk but it will no doubt be better than the current set up of having to take an elevator outside, and then walk to the front of T-6 to enter. It's especially hard when it's this cold!.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757