There are a several reasons for this flight:
's strong operations at CMH
2) No existing non-stop service from CMH
, despite healthy O&D numbers.
3) The flight is a red-eye, which increases utilization of a plane that would otherwise idle.
4) The flight can cater to O&D.
5) The flight can connect to AS
flights to Mexico.
6) The flight can connect to DL
flights to Hawaii and Mexico.
7) The flight could eventually become a niche market for DL
. People like nonstop service and if people are willing to support it, maybe a daytime flight could be close behind.
I'm hoping it will be successful. It's nice to see someone adding some non-hub flights for a change.