elal 744

What Is Up With DL's Plans For TLV?

Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:46 am

It was announced in October that Delta would begin flying daily to Tel Aviv from Atlanta. There was a bit of a scandal with Delta’s GSA in Israel, Andal Aviation. Now clients of ours who were purchasing travel (cancellation) insurance were told that they could not get any if they were flying with Delta.

Somebody somewhere knows something about DL to TLV that I don’t.

Anyone care to share?
Vercere bracis meis

masseybrown

RE: What Is Up With DL's Plans For TLV?

Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:56 am

Scandal? Scandal?? Details, please.

jrmsp

Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:02 am

"Now clients of ours who were purchasing travel (cancellation) insurance were told that they could not get any if they were flying with Delta. "

Some travel insurance companies will not write policies on any carrier operating in bankruptcy; that probably is the reason.

Delta shows service beginning 02 April, subj to gov't approval.

L104me

Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:43 am

It has to do with the bankruptcy status. I recently was looking at a travel insurance product for a cruise. It stated in there fine print that airplane reservations made in connection with the cruise would not be insured if on Delta, USAirways, Northwest, United, and a few more. The one thing they all had in common was the Big BK!

Just goes to show you once again just what a racket insurance can be!