Ibhayi
Topic Author

BA Over Weight Charges. Will IB Gold Card=more Kg

Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:22 am

Hey,

I am travelling from CDG-LHR in economy and am going to be definitely over my baggage allowance.

What are their excess baggage rates, their office is closed I tried to call hence im posting here. Eurostar as usual dont want any customers, so I have to wait till their offices to open to speak to a mostly dementend human being and try get a semi-reasonable fair that isnt vastly differential depending on which I claim to be from while booking, when attempting to book online.

I have an IB gold and AA plat card, however their respective websites say thez onlz afford me extra baggage when travelling on their airlines or will BA give me an extra 10kg.

Cheers

Matt
fat girls give the best head because they're hungry

BAxMAN

RE: BA Over Weight Charges. Will IB Gold Card=more Kg

Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:22 am

Excess baggage is usually calculated at 1.5% per kg of the full one-way fare on your route, although some European destinations are, for reasons beyond my knowledge, calculated at 1.4%. To err on the side of caution, I would make any calculations based on 1.5% as I do not know which side of the fence Paris falls on.

The full Y class fare CDG-LHR is EUR370.00 before tax. 1.5% of this is 5.55, so excess baggage should be approximately EUR5.55 per kg.

Your IB and AA cards do not entitle you to a higher baggage allowance unfortunately. You will be at the mercy of check-in staff as to how rigourously they enforce the 23kg baggage allowance (or 30kg if you are Club Europe).
I need to get laid

jacobin777

Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:36 am

here is some more info on their baggage..i'm not sure if it will answer your questions though..

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...c/en_gb?prim=aboutjourn&sec=atairp
"Up the Irons!"

SNATH

Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:02 am

Quoting BAxMAN (Reply 1):

Your IB and AA cards do not entitle you to a higher baggage allowance unfortunately.

This would be quite disappointing... Star Alliance carriers give extra luggage allowance to *A Gold members. Surely, oneworld should have a similar policy?

Tony
Nikon: we don't want more pixels, we want better pixels.