Champion AIR. Don't Make The Same Mistake!

Fri May 26, 2000 7:15 am

I am writing this post to inform you about an airline named Champion Airlines.

Just recently I have flown On this Airline from DFW to Las Vegas. You could put it that "what you pay for is what you get". How ever, in a way this is not true. I payed $350 per ticket and am very dissoponited.
The sevrvice was bad, they only served us a bag of pertels when they should have served us a dinner. The plane was a 727-200 with out husskittings ( boy was it loud, and at the front of the plane too ). It took the FA's it least 7-8 min to respound. The captain only came on the intercome once to say Welcome to Champion AIR.
Now I was on the only plane in their fleet out of 10 727 -200's with a First class ( which I was in ). The price as you read above was very cheap for first so I took it. The seats were almost exactly like coach sits on reg airline. American or Delta's coach seats are more first class then Champion Air's first class seats. The landing was pretty rough and to tell you the trurth, I couldn't wait to get off that plane. The trip was like this both ways. Now if I was in First imagen how bad it would be coach!!!!

RE: Champion AIR. Don't Make The Same Mistake!

Fri May 26, 2000 9:27 am

Yep, that's a Northwest-owned airlien for you. NWA owns a 40% stake in Champion. I have tried to be supportive of NWA, coming from DTW and all, but I just can't do it!

Jack M

Sebastian

Fri May 26, 2000 1:04 pm

LOL!
I love it
well, I guess that's what you get when you avoid the majors

Jsheldon

Sat May 27, 2000 12:46 am

>>LOL!
>>I love it
>>well, I guess that's what you get when you avoid the majors

Not neccesarly. I have travel Access Air (now defunct, but might be back in business if everything goes ok June 1st) and the service was excellent. Thats one of the reasons I like smaller companies. They care about the passengers, unlike United or Delta, who couldnt really give a flying you know what.

DSMav8r

Sat May 27, 2000 7:14 am

I agree with you about AccessAir, their service was my favorite next to Midex. I hope they are up and flying again real soon!
To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home