Aviationman
Topic Author

New Airline, Any Names For It?

Fri May 26, 2000 10:18 am

Hello aviation fans, we have just created a brand bew US bassed airline here in Chicago. This airline planes to be a domestic airline, hopefully serving over 30 American cities by 2002. We than plan to expand to Canada, than Mexico, then plan fly overseas. Everything is set but we don't have a name. I am now asking you to help us find a name for this new airline. Any suggestions???

Thank you.

DeltaAir

RE: New Airline, Any Names For It?

Fri May 26, 2000 10:22 am

Interesting Idea, operating out of Midway I assume? Endeavor Airlines or Airways is a name I have liked.

Aviationman
Topic Author

Fri May 26, 2000 10:26 am

Thank you, yes, we will be operating out of Midway, but when we fly overseas, we will have to use ORD. Midways runways aren't exacly long enough for wide boddied planes.

Samurai 777

Fri May 26, 2000 10:49 am

Is it a virtual airline or an honest-to-God real airline? And what kinds of fleet is your new airline going to fly? Try this one for a name: Union Airlines or Union Airways. Nice sounding name, isn't it? "Union" , as in referring to the Union of the 50 United States of America!

Fri May 26, 2000 10:52 am

If you're not on an extremely tight budget, you could purchase rights to the Eastern Airlines corporate logo- I for one would love to see the EAL logo flying again. Another name I've always liked is "LightSpeed Airways".

Ben

slawko

Fri May 26, 2000 11:00 am

AmeriJet - Is that one used yet???

"Clive Beddoe says he favours competition, but his actions do not support that idea." Robert Milton - CEO Air Canada

FlyBoeing

Fri May 26, 2000 11:27 am

First off, I want you to know that I'd definitely fly aboard some airline with Dilbert comics on the side. So make sure that you have a color scheme like America West and shamelessly advertise cartoon characters like Dilbert, Calvin and Hobbes, or Peanuts. Or you should have plain white aircraft that say "YOUR AD HERE". Imagine a carrier with advertisements on their jets like you see on I-95 entering Philadelphia.

Who's the Father? Call 1-800 DNA -Test (imagine trying THAT in an islamic country)

GET OFF HEROIN IN 48 HOURS GUARANTEED (yes, the people getting of this aircraft in Tehran WILL go directly to the public gallows)

Or you could have creative Hooters advertisements using the two engine cowls and flesh-toned fan blades...

Now that I'm thinking of flesh tones, why not use the whole body of the plane to advertise prophylactic devices? (Forget that Vatican exclusive contract)

And now for something completely different

Turbojet(suprised nobody's used that)

Endeavour (in the british spelling sounds nice)

Prozac Air (a pet fantasy of mine)

Worldspan (just another cool sounding generic name)

c72

Fri May 26, 2000 11:33 am

Sell the naming rights like they do for stadiums and arenas! eBay.com Airways or MSN.com Airlines!!!! AOL Airlines!!

Steve

Fri May 26, 2000 12:00 pm

Did anybody use Trans Pacific Airlines (Airways) or maybe…I’ll think about it later.

canuck

Fri May 26, 2000 1:25 pm

When I start my airline (someday, I hope), i'm calling it RobAir... but thats just because I want part of my last name in the name. It probably doesn't do you much good.

Fri May 26, 2000 3:20 pm

I think thats the most brilliant idea I've seen all day. A sort fo reverse naming rigths deal. Al the airlines name satudiums (United Center, AA Arena, Delta Center etc...). Why don't you guys rip a page from the book and sell the naming rights. Theres a mall in Georgia being named for the Discover Card (40million over 20 years) and AmericanAirlines is renaming the Selwyn Theatre in NY. You guys should approach United, American and Delta and have them name your airline. Something like this:
United Airlines (but not really United Airlines)
Than they would pay you. Or find some internet startup like Buy.com (Buy.com golf tour). I don't know what all the fuss is bout all airlines names. They went out of business. Eastern, Braniff, Piedmano ARE GONE. No matter how delighful the memories are they were FAILURES. Why start a bright future with a failures name draped over a new airframe. I like the word "Smile." with the computre logo " " on the tail

Aviationman
Topic Author

Fri May 26, 2000 10:04 pm

This will be a real airline based in Chicago (Not sure what airport yet). We were thinking of using the airbus A320s or the Boeing 717s but we like the A320s better.

Thanks for the name. Union Airways would sound good.

Aviationman
Topic Author

Fri May 26, 2000 10:14 pm

Thank you everybody. I like all the names you gyus have come up with. But the ones that I really think would suit our new airlines are the following:

Endeavor Airways

Union Airlines

LightSpeed Airways (That might be the one!!!)

AmeriJet

I also liked the Ideas of naming the airline after companies like AOL airlines, but I would rather not. Having cartoons on the planes like Dilbert is a good idea. There are some other airlines that do that like America West and Western Pacific.

Keep making up names, We have some pretty good ones so far.

FrontierMan

Fri May 26, 2000 10:19 pm

What About LibertyJet? You knowe maybe the slogan could be, "The Freedom to Choose"

Noise

Fri May 26, 2000 11:12 pm

I think Diamond Airlines or Airways would be a good name for the new airline.

airlineguy

Sat May 27, 2000 1:59 am

I have always wanted to start an airline myself. Working on it now. I live in Indy...drop me an email planenutz2@aol.com

RWally

Sat May 27, 2000 2:08 am

Try the name of United States (US) Airlines.

velocityair

Sat May 27, 2000 2:12 am

Wally--
yeah why don't you call it ...
USAir(lines) have a dark blue almost black fuselage with a red tipped tail with a small simplified flag on it.
that would look real nice

Sat May 27, 2000 11:21 pm

I think a great name would be Imagine Airlines or Airways.

jets

Sun May 28, 2000 3:01 am

Universal Airlines is a good name. It could have a black fuselage with stars on it. Than have Saturn or earth on the tail of the plane.

oflove13

Sun May 28, 2000 3:22 am

This is intresting, when I did a sub service for Canada 3000 they were saying that they are going to start an airline in the US called US4000 since there is a Air2000 (UK), Canada 3000,and not trying to get US4000 started. Is Emerald airways/lines taked already.
How can we apply to work for this airline?

airman99o

Sun May 28, 2000 3:22 am

Hello there,

I think where you are in the central states a good name would be something like Central State Airlines/Airways International, Or something like International State Airline or reverse it to ve State International. But the choice is yours!!

Good luck!!

Airman99o
Safety is Everyones Responsibility.

Sun May 28, 2000 4:05 am

I wouldn't use the A320, it's been done to death. Go for the 717 or 737NG.

MEA-707

Sun May 28, 2000 4:30 am

Union Airlines sounds too much like United Airlines. There is already an Amerijet, which makes things confusing. But the idea of reviving an old brand and logo is not bad at all. Look how nice National and Frontier are doing (and to a lesser extent Pan Am III). Some other forgotten carriers were 'Transamerica', 'Republic' or 'Empire Airlines.' Names like that are still recognized and your airline immeditately sounds like a trustworthy mega carrier.
Because your Chicago-base, you might think of 'North Central' too. And remember to look at your abbreviations (TWA, COA etc), avoid anything where funny fake-names can be made of, and the ones which are confusing with existing carriers. Good luck! I wish I were you, I'd always have loved to found my own airline.
nobody has ever died from hard work, but why take the risk?

airliner777

Sun May 28, 2000 4:32 am

You can use Chicago Airways or Chicago Airlines since your base is in Chicago, and I would recomend you the new Boeing 737's "Next Generation".

Sincerely,
Adel Caballin
newdelta767@aol.com

Sun May 28, 2000 4:38 am

Millenium Airways
Jet Set - Go!
Fly
Fly Me
Trans Continental
America One
Jet America
Central Airlines

Just a few random names!

airliner777

Sun May 28, 2000 4:38 am

You can use Chicago Airways, Chicago Airlines, or Chicago Air, since your base is there. Also I would recomend you to get the new Boeing 737's "Next Generation".

Sincerely,
Adel Caballin
newdelta767@aol.com

Allee

Sun May 28, 2000 6:14 am

Why haven't we heard anything about this 'new airline' until now? I find it odd to first hear about it on a forum.

So, when you start international services from ORD, what widebody plane are you going to use?

John G

Sun May 28, 2000 6:27 am

How about:
American SkyLines
or
NorthAmAir

Aviationman
Topic Author

Sun May 28, 2000 6:43 am

Since the last time I came and read what you think should be the name, there had been 11 more post.
After reviewing the names it's basicly think it's either Endeavor Airlines, LightSpeed Airways, or Emerald Airways.

The reason why you haven't heard of this airline before is because we don't have a name, and it kind of stupid to announce that we have started a new airline, but we don't have a name.

You guys have come up with great names. If you got any more great names, come and post them.

I will announce the name of the airline in a week or two. Whenever we feel we got the right name.

Thank you

Sun May 28, 2000 7:03 am

With those choices... Emerald- sounds too much like you're based in Seattle (Emerald city). LightSpeed- too corny, easy to make fun of. I would go Endeavor, it sounds solid, something you can trust. Think of this... colors, I see navy blue and silver, aircraft, 737-600/700. How's that?

Sun May 28, 2000 8:54 am

Emerald Airways is a UK cargo airline flying HS748s and is based at Liverpool, they used to offer passenger charter/scheduled flights but are now cargo only.

VirginLover

Sun May 28, 2000 9:25 am

How about:
Golden Eagle Airways
Untied (LOL) Airlines
Sky High Airways
Sky Breeze Airways
Rocket Airlines
Transatlantic

That's about all I could think of... good luck!
PS: If you use a name that I thought of, do I get free tickets? LOL

Sun May 28, 2000 9:39 am

For your new airlines begining year 2002, I would name it " Havenair International " ... you would fly domestic & international....

commuter airlines: HavenExpress

Any aircraft[s] you like, Ask me, I will help you.....

Email me anytime @ flydfw2000@aol.com

flydfw  

TAA_Airbus

Plummit Airways

Sun May 28, 2000 4:05 pm

Plummit Airways..............the name says it all  

jets

Mon May 29, 2000 5:10 am

What about the name Soaring Airlines???

DeltaRNOmd-80

Mon May 29, 2000 6:12 am

How about Windy City Airways???  

Samurai 777

Mon May 29, 2000 9:05 am

If Union Airlines sounds too much like United, how about Transcon Airlines? Or just TransconAir?

Tue May 30, 2000 1:35 am

Hi my name's matt and I'm 13. A name that sounds good to me is Orbit airlines or Airways. Maybe paint your planes black with stars on it or put the solar system on it. You hear a lot of air this and air that so why not call it Air Guitar. You could have a Baby blue tail with a triangular guitar on it. You could have a specil paint scehemes for different bands. Just a thought. I like orbit air more though. well hope ya like my names, would be awesome to name an airline.

Matt
levistrous@aol.com

oflove13

Tue May 30, 2000 1:45 am

Here are a few more:
Direct airlines
Planet airways
Imagination airway

Ill post more when i think of them.

Tue May 30, 2000 2:43 am

Hey aviationman,
I like Endeavour Airlines. How about something like Discovery International? Good luck, and let me know how it goes!

-colin
usairwys4lyfe@hotmail.com

Aviationman
Topic Author

Tue May 30, 2000 5:16 am

Wow, now I got all these names that has something to do with space. Universal Airlines, Planet Airways and Orbit Airlines. I like them a lot. Discovery is exellent too. We need a name soon guys. I hope you can think of more. So far it's great.

Thank you

John G

Tue May 30, 2000 5:37 am

I still think Laker SkyTrain was the best airline name ever - can anyone work up some useful variations upon it?

Tue May 30, 2000 7:29 am

Sky Trek is a charter airline and Orbit Airlines is used in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000

Tue May 30, 2000 9:27 am

I still like the blue and silver 737-600s and -700s on Endeavor Airlines.

Aviationman
Topic Author

Tue May 30, 2000 9:35 am

Yes the blue and silver is very nice for Endeavor Airlines. If our name were to be Lightspeed Airways, I would like to see yellow and silver. For Endeavor Airlines, I was thinking of dark green and white. What do you think? I will propably be announcing the new name some time late this week.

Keep thinking of new names.

Thank you

Tue May 30, 2000 9:46 am

Planet Earth Airways this will be good for when you become international when you do start will you be flying into smaller less congested airports because if you are you should fly into YHM in Hamilton Ontario Its only 45 minutes away from toronto you can go to www.yhm.homestead.com/main.html (My site) or www.yhm.com.

Airliners rule

FlyBoeing

The Paint Scheme

Tue May 30, 2000 9:59 am

I think it would be ultra-cool to have an aircraft painted totally in some dark color and streaked in bare metal along the top, like tiger stripes. There'd be a streaked cheatline along the side. The streaking would not be striping. The base color would be navy or burgundy or dark-green or black. God, those planes would make a statement at the airport.

CVG777

Tue May 30, 2000 10:12 am

I got one. To me it seems to have a nice ring to it.

How about "Crystal International Airlines," or "Crystal Air," or Crystal anything. "Crystal International Airlines" sounds especially good.

RE: The Paint Scheme

Tue May 30, 2000 12:01 pm

FlyBoeing wrote:
-------------------------------
I think it would be ultra-cool to have an aircraft painted totally in some dark color and streaked in bare metal along the top, like tiger stripes. There'd be a streaked cheatline along the side. The streaking would not be striping. The base color would be navy or burgundy or dark-green or black. God, those planes would make a statement at the airport.
-------------------------------

Uh huh, and what would that statement be, "Come put me out of my misery"? J/K!!!!!!