ERJ145LR
Topic Author

FEBO, American Or All Airlines?

Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:17 pm

After flying American Eagle today, I found something intersesting when drink service began. Instead of following FEBO (froent even, back odd), they did not follow it, it was an odd flight number and they started drink service at the front of the aircraft. Does only American Airlines do this, and not Eagle? And do any other airlines in the US or around the world follow FEBO? I love it because it is so predictable and nice. Thanks!

reins485

RE: FEBO, American Or All Airlines?

Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:22 pm

FEBO is only for first class meal service and according to my mom, it is a hold over from smoking on the plane but now seating is so random, it does not matter as much now.
Reins485

lincoln

Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:57 pm

I'm pretty sure that Continental always starts at the front of the cabin and works back, at least for services (incl. trash collection) in coach (also nice and predictable  Wink), but honestly I've never paid much attention, and I've only been in first once (also started from the front, think it was an odd-numbered flight).

The only problem I could see is if the FA's started at a random point in the cabin and went a random direction... now that could be confusing  Wink

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

flyboy7974

Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:39 am

in first class on america west, to the east coast meal orders were always started with row 1. flights westbound to phx/las the f/a were suppose to start orders at the rear of first class. dont know how that will change with the us merger

qqflyboy

Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:59 pm

REINS485 is right, it is only for first class meal service, at least at AA. Don't know about other airlines.
The views expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect my employer’s views.

IL76

Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:31 pm

A FEBO meal, on a plane? That would be something!  

E

edit: Sorry, I'm in a funny mood... It's very quiet in the office here.  Smile

[Edited 2005-12-29 10:34:26]

airkas1
Crew

Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:38 pm

Quoting IL76 (Reply 5):

Why did I have the feeling this would be posted as soon as I saw you (as a Dutchman) replied  Wink
Would be nice indeed though, to have FEBO onboard  Smile

Good luck in the office.
Airliners.net Crew - Head Photo Screener

ANCFlyer

Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:04 pm

I learned long ago that US had the FEBO program in effect. Didn't really matter to me either way.

What I did appreciate however was that 99% of the F/As in F would come to the VVFFs (Chairman's Preferred) flyers first - regardless of where they were seated to ask their meal preference. Then finish with the balance of the cabin. Yet another Perk of being a VVFF. Most of the time US F/As would make sure to say hello, by name mind you, to all the VVFFs in F cabin. I found that a nice touch.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

CV990A

Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:20 am

I flew DL Business class in September, and they did FEBO (It might have actually been FOBE- I can't remember the flight #s off-hand) when doing the meals, so AA is not alone.
Kittens Give Morbo Gas

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos