rushed

Getting On QF's 1st A380 MEL-LAX?

Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:08 am

Hey,

i asked this in another post a while ago but could never find the post again, so here goes again.. I want to know how to get tickets for qantas's first a380 commercial flight, mel-lax... im guessing it will be mainly sold to media and vips for a publicity stunt, and then to us plebs at highly overpriced fares,,, but.. how would i go about getting tix on such a flight? my partner and i want to be on that flight.. have entered every comp thats going, but how can we buy tix?
travel blogging enthusiast :)

NAV20

RE: Getting On QF's 1st A380 MEL-LAX?

Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:24 am

Have you tried the obvious thing, Rushed, ringing Qantas PR and asking what arrangements are being made?

My guess is that, in any case, nothing is fixed yet. The aircraft won't be delivered until autumn 2007 at the earliest, and whether the first LAX service is from MEL or SYD probably depends on the outturn performance.
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards.." - Leonardo da Vinci

jupiter2

Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:46 am

While the 380 may actually be going into service on the MEL/LAX route as its first scheduled route, it will more than likley carry revenue passengers on regional routes to New Zealand first to allow for further crew training etc.

So while there will no doubt be much fanfare about the first "scheduled" flight, more than likley several thousand QF passengers would have already flown on it by then.

I for one will be asking questions of my QF friends as to where and when it will likely be flying on the chance of getting on it.

RL

sunrisevalley

Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:02 am

First, you had best wait to see whether QF are going to fly it MEL-LAX.
SQ have deferred introducing it initially on HKG-SFO because of fuel burn and that route is 800nm shorter !!  crossfingers 

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos