ntspelich

What Happened At BDL Tonight?

Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:24 pm

I Know that BDL lost power tonight, but does anyone know how far reaching the blackout was or why it took so long for the airport to get back up and operational tonight? I was looking at inbounds with 185+ minutes of delay. I guess that the TSA and baggage systems went down. Any more info?
United 717 heavy, you're facing the wrong way. Any chance you can powerback to get off of my deice pad?

FLAIRPORT

RE: What Happened At BDL Tonight?

Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:30 pm

Well, all I could tell from R311Music's away message was that they had to hand run the baggage. I do not know about the TSA equipment but what I remember from FLL's brown out in the summer was the TSA equipment was working on back up power.
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

r311music

RE: What Happened At BDL Tonight?

Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:55 pm

The new terminal A lost power around 2pm. Due to power loss, we had to manually run bags from the ticket counter, down an elevator, out to the ramp. We had 4 ramp agents running bags down while the other 5 of us loaded flights. Most flights waited about 30min-1 hour to be downloaded because we had 4 planes on the ground with only 5 people on the ramp. Then we had to wait for the bags for each flight before we could send them out. And since it took us so long to get each plane out, as soon as one left another one came in. Also it was snowing and that made for a even more fun evening.

It wasn't fun, but we made it. No cancelled flights, although we have a ton of bags that never made it. Passengers were notified if they want to fly, they might be seperated from their baggage. Funny thing is around 930pm, power was restored, after all our departures had left. Sweet.

Rob
confusing use of time