letsgetwet

CO Expanding In Caribbean

Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:09 am

CO just announced that they are discontinuing their service to Barbados. Now I read that they are expanding their service to Roatan Honduras, from once per week to seven days a week. It's hard to believe that there is that much tourism in Roatan as compared to Barbados. I've been to Roatan several times and always wanted to keep it a secret, but I guess the word is out.It was always a SCUBA destination, but every time I went back I could see that it was becoming more popular with other tourists.

STT757

RE: CO Expanding In Caribbean

Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:21 am

CO also recently added nonstops from IAH to Bonaire, EWR to Curacao, LGA to Aruba (Sa only), EWR-Liberia Costa Rica, EWR-Ponce, IAH-Punta Cana.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

EA CO AS

RE: CO Expanding In Caribbean

Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:25 am

I have to wonder which destination is higher-yielding. I'd assume BGI is, as it's more of a "boutique destination" than a mass-market like a place like CUN, CZM, or RTB.

It's likely that the BGI customer base just never materialized to CO's satisfaction, despite what are likely far higher yields.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group