propilotjw

Pillows And Blankets On Planes

Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:46 am

with all of the major carriers cutting back on amenities, what airlines offer FREE use of pillows and blankets on flights? I know JetBlue and Southwest do but does anyone else? I am talking domestic operations not international flights. please help

VSlover

RE: Pillows And Blankets On Planes

Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:50 am

UA had a few pillows spread through economy.

also, on there are usually pillows stashed in the overhead bins for people to grab.

on AA in F though, there are always blankets and usually pillows.

crash65

Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:02 am

Continental has recently cut back on blankets but they are available on all flights. Pillows are in such abundance that they get in the way of carry on bags.

S5FA170

Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:08 am

Delta still offers blankets. We get them on our -170s. We do not, however, get pillows. I think Delta Mainline might still offer them in First Class on some domestic flights, but I'm not positive.

-Tony
Prepare doors for departure and cross-check.

andz

Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:18 am

SAA, every international flight, every seat has a clean blanket sealed in plastic and a pillow. If you want more, just ask!
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

HPRamper

Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:20 am

America West has bunches of pillows and blankets. All free....and as long as there are plenty on the plane, you can have as many as you want.

I don't know who'd want to use those filthy airline blankets for ANY airline though.

N766UA

Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:33 am

DL has nice big fluffly pillows and large (albeit thin) blankets in Business Elite. But, that would be expected. Although they could get away with tiny thin coachy pillows so I'm glad they still have big ones.
This Website Censors Me

propilotjw

Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:46 am

Anyone know about AirTran?

N200WN

Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:52 am

Quoting PropilotJW (Thread starter):
I know JetBlue and Southwest do but does anyone else?

Yeah Southwest does still have them. But I wouldn't use them unless it was on a morning originating flight. It's not like they're all changed out after every flight throughout the day. Your better off bringing in soft sweatshirt and one of those little horseshoe shaped pillows you can find in the airports these days.

Quoting HPRamper (Reply 5):
I don't know who'd want to use those filthy airline blankets for ANY airline though.

Agreed.

nonfirm

Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:53 am

we still have blankets and pillows in first and coach on alaska

RobertS975

Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:12 am

Quoting S5FA170 (Reply 3):
Delta still offers blankets. We get them on our -170s. We do not, however, get pillows. I think Delta Mainline might still offer them in First Class on some domestic flights, but I'm not positive.

DL mainline domestic has not had pillows for over 6 months... blankets yes.

midnights

Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:34 am

Just a word of advice from someone who sees what these aircraft cabins go through over time, IF there are any blankets on the plane, I would strongly recommend folding one up and placing it on your seat to sit on. These seats have drinks spilled on them as well as other "accidents" often enough and the cover might be changed but the cushion is not always. And if the spill or accident is not reported to a F/A then no one sits in that seat the next leg, it may be dry by the time you get to it, but not entirely clean, if you know what I mean.

aerorobnz

Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:43 am

NZ
AR
SQ
I think most longhaul overnight flights have pillows and blankets, I've never been on one that didn't
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

ual747den

Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:57 am

Quoting Andz (Reply 4):
SAA, every international flight, every seat has a clean blanket sealed in plastic and a pillow. If you want more, just ask!

Quoting PropilotJW (Thread starter):
I am talking domestic operations not international flights

need to read a little before posting
/// UNITED AIRLINES

HPRamper

Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:01 am

Quoting Midnights (Reply 11):
These seats have drinks spilled on them as well as other "accidents" often enough and the cover might be changed but the cushion is not always.

I'd rather contaminate my ass with the seat itself than with those blankets. Possibility of nasty cushion vs. KNOWN nastiness of blanket, plus with the cushion, you aren't getting the long hairs and dandruff of ten people before you on yourself from that.

Moneypenny

Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:50 am

NW has discontinued pillows and blankets in coach. Just have to remember to steal any you need from first on your way back. Flight attendants don't seem to mind...

ETStar

Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:38 pm

Quoting HPRamper (Reply 5):
America West has bunches of pillows and blankets. All free....and as long as there are plenty on the plane, you can have as many as you want.

I recall America West's blankets having a tag saying something similar to "an alarm will sound if blanket taken off the aircraft"  Smile

Quoting PropilotJW (Reply 7):
Anyone know about AirTran?

I think all you have at AirTran is your pretzel bag to keep yourself warm with.

Paaclipper707

Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:46 pm

Alaska Airlines has pillows and blankets free of charge.
PAN AMERICAN -Dont Leave the Country Without Us-

FOMEA

Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:09 pm

MEA Offers Pillows and Blankets on all flights.
(Just recently received a Pillow and A Blanket from MEA). Big grin

Regards
F-OMEA.
On the internet you can be anything you want..its strange so many choose to be Stupid.

AlanUK

Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:18 pm

BA:

Worldwide:
A pillow and blanket on each seat in all classes (of course the quality of both items increases in each cabin, all the way to velvet pillows and egyptian cotton duvet covers in First).

Eurofleet:
A pillow and blanket on night flight (mainly Athens, Larnaca) for all passengers.
A small stock of pillows and blankets for Club Europe on all other European flights, crew usually give to EuroTraveller too if requested.

Domestic:
No pillows or blankets available. (Although the odd one may be found in the wardrobes or overhead lockers if the aircraft has come from a European service).

Best,
Alan.

dj738

Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:19 pm

We don't have either on Virgin/Pacific Blue, and HOW sick do we get of being asked for them!?  Smile

gr8slvrflt

Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:21 pm

AirTran has a few blankets on all flights; many blankets on west coast services. Pillows are normally found only on charters.
I work for Southwest, but the views expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Southwest.

Dougloid

Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:37 pm

All youse guys are living in the wrong century.

If you really wanted to travel in first cabin STYLE, the Pullman Company really knew how to treat the paying customers. But that was before you were born.

As a young pup I rode the Silver Meteor to Florida from New York and the Silver Star northbound. They were not Pullmans, but the service was outstanding.
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

teixeim

Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:16 am

Just flew Delta round trip RIC-GRU via ATL.

RIC-ATL-RIC: saw no pillows or blankets on the pristine MD-88s flown both ways. Short flights, so I did not look or ask for blankets - pillows were probably not even on the plane!

ATL-GRU-ATL: pillows, blankets and headphones waiting on each seat before the flights (767-300ER).

Regards,
MitchellT
Richmond VA region

AsstChiefMark

Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:40 am

Why would anyone want to use a pillow or blanket obtained on an airliner? They've been drooled on, farted on, sweated on. It could have flu virus, SARS, or other communicable critters in/on them.

I'd rather have a stiff neck and be cold than to use one of those flithy things.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

olympic707

Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:13 am

Olympic has a clean, sealed in a plastic bag a pillow and blanket on every seat when boarding on a long haul flight.  bigthumbsup 
You could get extra pillow and blanket if you ask for one.  yes 

Yanni
Fly Olympic - Aviation GREEK STYLE!

777jaah

Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:21 am

Quoting HPRamper (Reply 14):
need to read a little before posting

Agree 100%

AR offers some scattered through coach in their domestic flights. Actually I only did EZE-Bariloche -EZE, but still found them, and it was a 2 hour flight.

Cheers
Next flights: AV BOG-ADZ-BOG, AV-UA BOG-IAD-ORD-IAD-BOG, BOG-FLL-BOG, LA BOG-MIA-BOG J

HA_DC9

Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:47 pm

Hawaiian has them on their flights to/from Hawaii and the continental US and South Pacific.

sideflare75

Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:50 pm

Midwest still has pillows and blankets also.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos