wjcandee

How Is Allegiant Doing At PSP?

Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:18 pm

I was kind of sorry to see that Allegiant's fares LAS-PSP seem to be mired in the $29 range throughout January. I'd like to see this service do well, so I can try them on my next trip to the Desert. There are a few flights from the East that make it to Vegas in time to make a reasonable connection, and the fares for the separate trips are tremendously cheaper than a thru ticket to PSP. That great little airport is burdened by the absence of competition; one could have a chauffer pick one up in ONT with champagne and truffles for the difference in fare, at least from the East Coast. So I was hoping to see some actual connecting traffic be generated. Doesn't look like it's caught on yet.

All the best,

Bill

DesertFlyer

RE: How Is Allegiant Doing At PSP?

Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:31 pm

I'll be flying them sometime this month most likely. I'll let you know what I think, but other than that, who knows how they are doing. Lots of radio ads at first, but I doubt many people know they even fly here, or who they are.

iowaman

Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:52 pm

Quoting DesertFlyer (Reply 1):
Lots of radio ads at first, but I doubt many people know they even fly here, or who they are.

checkmark 

I would imagine with the $29 fares the word of mouth will spread fast hopefully.

wjcandee

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:54 am

Thanks for the info. I love that little airport. It's just so doggone CIVILIZED. I would love to see more folks come to the Desert using it.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos