wjcandee

How Is Allegiant Doing At PSP?

Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:18 pm

I was kind of sorry to see that Allegiant's fares LAS-PSP seem to be mired in the $29 range throughout January. I'd like to see this service do well, so I can try them on my next trip to the Desert. There are a few flights from the East that make it to Vegas in time to make a reasonable connection, and the fares for the separate trips are tremendously cheaper than a thru ticket to PSP. That great little airport is burdened by the absence of competition; one could have a chauffer pick one up in ONT with champagne and truffles for the difference in fare, at least from the East Coast. So I was hoping to see some actual connecting traffic be generated. Doesn't look like it's caught on yet.

All the best,

Bill

DesertFlyer

RE: How Is Allegiant Doing At PSP?

Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:31 pm

I'll be flying them sometime this month most likely. I'll let you know what I think, but other than that, who knows how they are doing. Lots of radio ads at first, but I doubt many people know they even fly here, or who they are.

iowaman

Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:52 pm

Quoting DesertFlyer (Reply 1):
Lots of radio ads at first, but I doubt many people know they even fly here, or who they are.

checkmark 

I would imagine with the $29 fares the word of mouth will spread fast hopefully.

wjcandee

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:54 am

Thanks for the info. I love that little airport. It's just so doggone CIVILIZED. I would love to see more folks come to the Desert using it.