flyua

UA Will Re-open F/A Hiring Website On 1/6

Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:32 am

United has announced via our company news channel, "NewsReal," that we will resume accepting online applications for new flight attendant positions in the afternoon of Friday, January 6th. If you are interested, or if you know of anyone who may be interested, the website address is: www.united.com/flightattendant

The news release advised that due to the large number of pending applications for positions in our largest domicile at Chicago O'Hare, any new applicants who are interested in being based at ORD must currently live in the Chicago area. For now, all other successful applicants will be expected to relocate to the Washington, DC area to be based at our Washington Dulles domicile (IAD-based flight attendants cover our flying out of DCA and BWI airports, in addition to IAD). Also, applicants who are offered a training date may be given as little as two weeks' notice before their class begins at United's training center.

As of January 5th, the flight attendant hiring website currently advises visitors that no new applications will be accepted at this time. This message should change, however, sometime tomorrow afternoon.

I hope some readers of this post will be interested! This February will mark my tenth anniversary as a United flight attendant, and I haven't for a moment regretted my decision to join! "Come fly the airline that's uniting the world. Come fly the Friendly Skies!"

[Edited 2006-01-06 02:33:06]

BigGSFO

RE: UA Will Re-open F/A Hiring Website On 1/6

Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:17 am

Hopefully a lot of now unemployed FlyI F/A's can take advantage of this. This is excellent timing.

Good luck!

flyua

Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:27 pm

I can't seem to edit out the initial mis-typed website address for our flight attendant hiring website. This should work:

www.united.com/flightattendant

FLY777UAL

Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:06 am

Seemed like a long application--forever clicking "yes" and "no". There were a TON of questions regarding loss prevention and theft onboard by employees...maybe they're getting ripped off with BOB...?

F L Y 7 7 7 U A L

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos