Pe@rson
Topic Author

Having To Prove You're A Muslim Or Hindu?

Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:36 am

You have to be a muslim to attend the haj. You have to be a muslim to enter particular mosques. You have to be a hindu to enter particular temples and more-often-than-not the inner santum of temples. But how do you know if someone is a hindu or muslim or whatever else? Sure, there are some obvious ways, but I don't mean that. I mean, who says that I cannot be a light-skinned, born-and-bred Briton, called John Smith, but nevertheless a hindu or a muslim or whatever? Surely I should, in theory, be able to say that I am a believer, and thus granted entry? Or would I have to prove my religion in some way? If yes, is this fair and just? I am not, by the way, neither muslim nor hindu; instead, I'm just curious.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

Pe@rson
Topic Author

RE: Having To Prove You're A Muslim Or Hindu?

Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:36 am

Sorry - wrong forum.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

AeroTycoon

RE: Having To Prove You're A Muslim Or Hindu?

Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:05 pm

And in the United States of America, while going through airport security, you have to prove that you are NOT a muslim.

AeroTycoon dollarsign  dollarsign