RFD Airport Director: RFD Still Ahead Of The Game

Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:22 am

Courtesy: Rockford Register Star

RFD Airport Director: RFD Still Ahead Of The Game

http://www.rrstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...BUSINESS04/101070021/1002/BUSINESS

roseflyer

RE: RFD Airport Director: RFD Still Ahead Of The Game

Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am

Starting the year with the scheduled air service gives O’Brien optimism, even as some critics have written off the Rockford facility as a viable airport for passenger service. He said airport officials will continue to work toward recruiting more airlines that fly directly to various destinations, which could include places in Mexico, the Caribbean, Florida, and even Phoenix, Seattle, and Anchorage, Alaska.

That is interesting. It looks like they are seriously courting Alaska Airlines. Although I am doubtful of that.

It sure is a bad sign when you have a complete 100% turnover in airlines serving your airport in the span of a year. I flew Transmeridian and Hooters Air last September, and neither airline is still flying to RFD today. It is a shame since the airport is so easy and convenient for the over 300,000 residents of Illinois' second largest metro area.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

Humberside

Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:01 am

How is Allegiant doing and are there any signs of how well UA and Apple Vactaions are doing in terms of early bookings?
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

LOT767-300ER

Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:41 am

Quoting RoseFlyer (Reply 1):
It sure is a bad sign when you have a complete 100% turnover in airlines serving your airport in the span of a year. I flew Transmeridian and Hooters Air last September, and neither airline is still flying to RFD today. It is a shame since the airport is so easy and convenient for the over 300,000 residents of Illinois' second largest metro area.

The drive from the I-290 and I-90 interchange in Schaumburg to RFD is the most uninteresting for every Chicagoan...+ god damn tolls.

No matter what anyone says...the answer to the turnover rate is only one: O'Hareitis.