thepilot

Pilot Dies In Small Plane Crash In Skagit County

Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:25 pm

From YVR

wedgetail737

RE: Pilot Dies In Small Plane Crash In Skagit County

Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:30 pm

Sounds like the plane was a regional package freighter aircraft. The Seattle PI named it Air Pack...but it should have been Airpac. Airpac has several bases along the west coast...just to clarify. They are not just based in the Puget Sound area. They have several planes ranging from Piper Chieftains to Beech 1900C's based out of Boeing Field. They contract with UPS and DHL out of Boeing Field. It sounds like he was making is package hops throughout the Northwest.

My prayers go to the pilot and his family.

Dreamflight767

Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:00 pm

My thoughts and preyers are with pilot and his family.

roseflyer

Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:02 pm

This is really unfortunate. Were the conditions IFR as it seems from the article that the pilot was cleared to land by Whidbey control?

I have flown to that airport many times. It is a nice little airport that is uncontrolled, but sees quite a bit of traffic. I did some night flying there and it can be a little hard to negotiate as that area is really dark and there are no surrounding cities or roads to light up the area near the airport. I am sad that such an incident has happened. There seems to have been a number of small airplane incidents in the Seattle area over the last year.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!