globetrekker

Independence Air Employee Brand Introduction Video

Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:40 pm

This video was brought to my attention by a friend. Amazing how everything changed in so little time.

http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=AF00E614F87925CE

Globe Trekker
The World Is A Book And Those Who Do Not Travel Read Only A Page

APFPilot1985

RE: Independence Air Employee Brand Introduction Video

Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:07 pm

I didn't know if I should laugh or if I should cry..... so i just laughed.
The early part reminds me of when I was growing up around PBA and when they liquidated it was damn sad. But I laughed because it looked like they had fun while they were there.
Stand Up and Be Counted Visit Site Related to Voice your opinion

lincoln

Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:32 pm

Watching this (and all of the other Independence Air clips/videos/pictures that have surfaced of late) really makes you think about all of the people, who by all of the accounts I've read really enjoyed what they were doing -- and did a good job at it -- who now have to start over somewhere else.

Once again... best wishes to all of those displaced Independence Air folks at finding new employment quickly.

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

Airportguy1971

Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:47 pm

That clip breaks my heart. I guess it shows just how tasty their kool-aid was. A lot of good folks showing a lot of enthusiasm had the rug literally ripped from under them, passengers and employees alike.

CKT789

Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:31 pm

If I saw that the first day I started work I would be raring to go. It's a good motivational video. A real shame that these people are now out of a job.

What was staff motivation like in the airline? Is it accurately protrayed in the video?

Jamie.

Hannigan

Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:54 am

When Independence started, that was the attitude. It captured it really well... I havent seen that video in ages...
We got planes! We got gates! What the hell!

dan2002

Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:14 am

Quoting AirportGuy1971 (Reply 3):
That clip breaks my heart. I guess it shows just how tasty their kool-aid was. A lot of good folks showing a lot of enthusiasm had the rug literally ripped from under them, passengers and employees alike.

Yep, I could'nt of said it any better. All of those people, filled with enthusiasm, are now jobless. They were like that untill the last flight pulled into the gate, and I hope they bring that same enthusiasm to their next airline. Indy air was a great airline, just poorly managed and poorly timed.

Dan
A guy asks 'What's Punk?'. I kick over a trash can and its punk. He knocks over a trash can and its trendy.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos