DekX
Topic Author

Jat To Get First Two ERJ170’s In April

Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:49 pm

From luchtzak-Aviation, http://www.luchtzak.be/article10852.html

"Jat Airways will get it’s first two ERJ170 aircrafts by Apri,l announced the general director of Jat. In total Jat has ordered five of these aircrafts. Jat will with the Embarier aircrafts replace its ATR72’s. Routes to Banja Luka, Sarajevo, Vienna and Skopje/Ohrid will be operated by these aircrafts. "

Any truth to this???
Thanks
Dekoslav

BEG2IAH

RE: Jat To Get First Two ERJ170’s In April

Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:11 pm

The last news I'm aware of is that Jat Airways would lease another one or two ATRs. I think that Embraer story is past. I tried to find some links for one of the interviews where Jat representative was quoted saying no Embraers would be leased or bought. I know I read it, but can't remember where.

BEG2IAH
Aviation is not so much a profession as it is a disease.

TripleDelta
Crew

RE: Jat To Get First Two ERJ170’s In April

Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:12 pm

Business.hr, a Croatian business magazine, says that JAT is "going to acquire two smaller planes with 70 seats", probably ATR-72s, as BEG2IAH mentioned.

The article also mentions that JAT will use these two aircraft to link BEG with airports in neighboring countries, including ZAG, LJU, SJJ, SKP and undisclosed airports in Romania and Bulgaria. These new lines would be "feeder" lines for JAT's new BEG-New York (no airport details yet) and BEG-YYZ routes, which would be operated by two leased 762s and should start May 15th and June 1st respectively. All in all, this would enable a fast and cheap link of neighboring countries with the US. Sounds good for now.
No plane, no gain.