DAYflyer
Topic Author

US Transport Chief Ponders Delta-Northwest Merger

Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:50 am

Article:

U.S. Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta suggested on Tuesday that a merger between U.S. airlines Northwest Airlines (Other OTC:NWACQ - news) and Delta Air Lines (Other OTC:DALRQ - news) could result from the latest round of industry restructuring.

The U.S. airline industry has been battered by rising fuel costs, weak revenue and low-fare competition, leading some carriers, including Delta and Northwest, into bankruptcy.

"I sometimes wonder whether or not ... Delta and Northwest will come out as a merged carrier," Mineta told an audience of business executives in Shanghai, adding he was just "thinking out loud."

Apparently we are not the only one's who wonder about this potentially happening sometimes. Entire article linked below.

Link:http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060110/bs_nm/airlines_us_mineta_dc&printer=1;_ylt=AorP34qdwfa9mLiqgyuaHXab.HQA;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MXN1bHE0BHNlYwN0bWE-
One Nation Under God

Cubsrule

RE: US Transport Chief Ponders Delta-Northwest Merger

Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:15 am

I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more