nyasa

Seat Selection On CX

Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:29 am

I am flying Cathay Pacific from JFK to HKG on their Airbus A 340-600. I would like some feedback on their economy class seats on that flight . I also understand they have a nose camera that is turned on during take off and landing. Is that true?

star_world

RE: Seat Selection On CX

Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:35 am

Some views of the cabin:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Dna

View Large View Medium

Photo © Daniel Hamer

View Large View Medium

Photo © M.S. Yeung

Looks fairly good overall, I've flown in Y on their 744s but not on the 346, service was very good overall. Don't know about the onboard camera view I'm afraid.

MarshalN

RE: Seat Selection On CX

Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:42 am

Turning on/off the nose camera is entirely up to the captain, and as I understand it's certainly not 100% chance that it'll be on. On a recent flight the captain only turned it on for us for the landing into HKG, and that was on a 777. Do the 346s also have the cameras?

The seats are fair enough, and the IFE is quite decent -- better than anything else on that route anyway, especially compared with CO. Look out the window when you're over Siberia, it can be quite fun.