AA767400
Topic Author

That Passenger Behind You.

Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:43 am

I was on a TransAtlantic flight yesterday, which was going very well until I went to recline my seat. It would not go back, so I try this button several times and no luck. Then I turn around and see the lady behind me has her knees up against me seat. So I tell her "Excuse me, could you please lower your legs so I can recline my seat." This women tells me "No! Because I have no space at all! WTF???????

I said to her "I know I am a twice your height, and if the guy in front of me can recline with me having room, I am sure you will have even more room." This women just sat there and said "No!" So I was forced to call the Crew member and see if he could maybe resolve something that I could not do.

He comes over and says to her to please allow him to lower his seat back. She said once again no, and that she has no space! So I just told her "Next time, if you want more space get your own private jet!" And she says to me that I am rude! LOL!  silly  I said "Look who's talking!"

So in the end I just told her that as soon as she goes to the toilet, I would recline my seat.  wink  And I did! And she kicked a couple times until she got tired. Then I switched seats with this other guy who said he did not care to recline, and to have his seat.

I left out the airline, because I did not want to target the airline at all. But these kinds of situations I have heard of many times, but have never encountered such selfishness. Has anyone on here ever encountered something like this?
"The low fares airline."

FlyKev
Crew

RE: That Passenger Behind You.

Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:52 am

I hear this often.
If im to recline, i generally ask beforehand, and i do like to have people ask before reclining on me, its courtesy.
I do not like people who recline during meals, and those who refuse to de-recline when I need to get up for the toilet.
Dont like recline? Fly FR
http://www.kneedefender.com/
Hmm, I wonder how many people use these...
The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only

David L

Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:53 am

Ah... this has been discussed before - let's just say there were mixed views!  Smile

Whatever one's view, sticking your knees into the back of someone's seat isn't going to help. Some might say she was asking for it.  Smile

AEROFAN

Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:58 am

that's the problem with many aircraft today. they are such cramped spaces that people have to get into altercations 4 a lil space. and imagine if this was an 18 hour flight?

DL WIDGET HEAD

Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:59 am

I agree. this was very rude on that woman's part. One question though, were you travelling NRSA? If so, I don't think you should have gotten into a spat with her.

AA767400
Topic Author

Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:03 am

Quoting DL Widget Head (Reply 4):
One question though, were you travelling NRSA? If so, I don't think you should have gotten into a spat with her.

No, I bought my ticket.

Quoting FlyKev (Reply 1):
I do not like people who recline during meals, and those who refuse to de-recline when I need to get up for the toilet.

I always keep my seat up for meals. What if the person is sleeping when you want to go to the toilet?
"The low fares airline."

Junction

Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:07 am

i generally ask beforehand, and i do like to have people ask before reclining on me,

I agree. I've never had anyone object to me reclining my seat when I asked. If the women behind was asked "do you mind if I put my seat back?", she would have more then likely said no. There’s nothing more aggravating then when someone in front throws back their seat all the way with no kind of warning. Especially if you have drinks or a laptop on your tray.

747400F

Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:10 am

It is such a pain when some jerk decides to recline her/his seat whilst you are working on your PC without asking. He/she deserves all the kneeing that is coming his/her way
All humans have the right to marry the one they love

AA767400
Topic Author

Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:14 am

Quoting Junction (Reply 6):
do you mind if I put my seat back?

Oh....No. There was nothing that could be said to her. I was polite at first, then that did not work.
"The low fares airline."

CO7e7

Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:18 am

Quoting AA767400 (Thread starter):
Then I switched seats with this other guy who said he did not care to recline, and to have his seat.

On a trans-Atlantic flight ????????????? I can't believe anyone would not recline their seat on such long flights !

APFPilot1985

Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:19 am

Quoting 747400F (Reply 7):
It is such a pain when some jerk decides to recline her/his seat whilst you are working on your PC without asking. He/she deserves all the kneeing that is coming his/her way

man you must just be a ray of sunshine to fly with. How are they supposed to know that you are working on your pc?
Stand Up and Be Counted Visit Site Related to Voice your opinion

jascmil

Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:20 am

Quoting Junction (Reply 6):
There’s nothing more aggravating then when someone in front throws back their seat all the way with no kind of warning. Especially if you have drinks or a laptop on your tray.

I totally agree with this. In economy, a reclined seat in front of me proves prohibitive when using a laptop. It takes so little effort to politely ask the person behind you if it would disturb them to recline your seat...yet it rarely happens. I realize this leads into a broader discussion of perceived liberties and entitlement, but I view it as an act of common courtesy...

747400F

Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:22 am

Quoting APFPilot1985 (Reply 10):
How are they supposed to know that you are working on your pc?

common courtesy... just look behind you before you slam your seat back
All humans have the right to marry the one they love

Tifoso

Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:23 am

Then I switched seats with this other guy who said he did not care to recline, and to have his seat.

I wonder what the person behind him thought about your move  Wink

It is such a pain when some jerk decides to recline her/his seat whilst you are working on your PC

That's why you use a tablet PC  Wink

Gr8Circle

Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:01 am

If the lady was able to block your seat back with her knees so easily, one of the following has to be true :

a) She must have very long legs...

b) You must have been flying on the super cramped, knee crushing LH 744!!!

Let me know.... Big grin

ual777

Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:25 am

Its his/her seat, not yours and they can do as they wish with it. I am 6'3 and I have space when someone leans back. Just stick your legs under their seat and move your bag into the space where your feet were before.

When I move my seat back, I ease it back over a period of about 8 seconds, nice and slow to show courtesy. Even if the person doesn't like it, I am still moving it back.

People who make the 'no space' complaint are full of crap and either need to fly first or economy plus on UA. Its wonderful  Smile
It is always darkest before the sun comes up.

AA767400
Topic Author

Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:27 am

Quoting CO7e7 (Reply 9):
On a trans-Atlantic flight ????????????? I can't believe anyone would not recline their seat on such long flights !

He was a humble man. He himself was stuck in a middle seat, when the Flight Attendant asked me if he could be moved to the aisle in my row. He was content with switching to a window, and was much shorter than I was.

Quoting Tifoso (Reply 13):
I wonder what the person behind him thought about your move

Nothing because there was no one behind the aisle seat.  wink 

Quoting Gr8Circle (Reply 14):
Let me know

KL 772. She was laying back low, with her feet perched high up, and of course with her seat reclined. The first thing that came out of their mouth when they sat down was how cramped the seats were.
"The low fares airline."

jascmil

Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:47 am

Quoting AA767400 (Reply 16):
She was laying back low, with her feet perched high up, and of course with her seat reclined.

Wow...that's absurd. "You can't recline, but I can!" You can't even try to be rational with someone like that.

CPH757

Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:10 am

I must admit that I have used the knee block trick a couple of times myself on intra-European flights. Mostly because I'm sick and tired about people reclining at full speed two seconds after take-off. I usually resist until they ask me (my legs is almost blocking the seat on those 29" anyway), and then off course I allow them to recline their seat. It's funny though, that they almost always seem to give up after 2-3 attempts.

It is very inappropriate behaviour just to recline to the max at full speed. I always ask before I do it, and tell the passenger behind me that if he/she wants me to take it back to upright again, just ask.
Last flight: SAW-CPH on H9 on 02/11/09 - Next Flights: 23/12/09 CPH-AAL on QI, 30/12/09 CPH-LHR on SK, 19/01/10 CPH-CDG-

SA7700

Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:24 am

She was laying back low, with her feet perched high up, and of course with her seat reclined. The first thing that came out of their mouth when they sat down was how cramped the seats were.

Rude cow! If it was me who was seated in front of her, she would have disembarked with broken knee caps. Also, I would have emptied a bottle of water in her seat when she went to the bathroom - childish, but so difficult to resist... Big grin

Rgds

SA7700
When you are doing stuff that nobody has done before, there is no manual – Kevin McCloud (Grand Designs)

Aeroflot777

Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:02 am

On my recent AF flight, the FAs asked all the passengers to put their seatbacks upright for the meal service. Makes sense to me.

Aeroflot777

David L

Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:38 am

Quoting UAL777 (Reply 15):
Its his/her seat, not yours and they can do as they wish with it.

You reckon? So, if someone whacked you over the head with it that would be OK? The PTV on the back of it is yours so you can make it as difficult for the person behind to watch as you like? I think you missed out "within reason" and that's where it becomes subjective.  Smile

I had a problem once where the person in front kept throwing his seat back and forth without warning and I happened to pass the person in front of him in the aisle and mentioned it to him. By pure luck we got a demonstration as we were talking. I suggested he try it for himself. He was a big guy and obliged nicely. The guy between us had the audacity to shout out "hey, watch what you're doing". The big guy stood up and apologised in a really smarmy way and the prat just sat there scowling.

D L X

Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:42 am

I usually ask before I recline, but it's I think it should be one of those generally accepted rules that if someone asks, you say yes. Kind of like when your buddy asks you if he can date your ex. He is REQUIRED to ask (according to the Guy Code), and you're REQUIRED to grant permission.

fraspotter

Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:59 am

This women tells me "No! Because I have no space at all!

Then she shouldn't be flying in Economy. If she wants more space, she should pay the extra money and get a business class/first class seat.
She got the amount of space she paid for, she shouldn't be b*tching...
"Taking off is optional. It’s landing that’s mandatory."

Gr8Circle

Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:28 am

KL 772. She was laying back low, with her feet perched high up, and of course with her seat reclined.

Ohhh....did you say that she had reclined her own seat??? In that case, she had no right to refuse you.....

skyhigh777

Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:22 am

I was actually just on a flight a few days ago from Sao Paulo to Miami, and when I tried to recline my seat the exact same thing happened. I kept pressing the button to recline, but it would not budge. I turned around and realized the girl sitting behind me had fallen asleep on her tray table and kept me from reclining. I'm a rather non-confrontational person so I didn't wake her up or anything, but the first second I had to recline my seat I did. Needless to say, the first 3 or 4 hours of that flight I had to sleep at a 90 degree angle against the window...NOT very comfortable at all. I speak for myself, but I am usually curteous with other passengers and am not one to complain when someone in front of me reclines their seat, so I (naively) expect people to do the same for me.
Prepare for take-off.

DLPMMM

Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:34 am

This is why I will not fly coach for more than a 90 minute flight anymore.

It's just no fun to fly these days.

Ibhayi

Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:45 am

Psycho russian whore on a flight in december lhr-zrh.

I put it back and she savagely attacks it like a wild animal. Grabbing the chair and yanking it back and forth so I shout "Dont touch my chair".

I then recline it again after the minimal amounts she managed to push it up. She tries to change seats with her 3yr old kid and then in the process of doing it grabs and does it again. So i leave it thinking im so under her skin she is going to pop. She then tells her kid to kick it.

I called the flight attendant and told him whats happening. After I turned around to ask her if she had half a pea of sanity in her head and her husband says why dont u travel on ur own since u selfish and I shouldnt travel with with others. I said if you dont like it then move. He called me a spoilt teenage brat and then I stood up, all 192cm and 103kg of me and I firmly told him that I will not put my chair up and any problem he has with it is now on his hands. Then his wife tells the kid to kick my chair so I called the flight attendant.

He spoke to me then them, they were speechless as they had no grounds to say I was being the prick they claimed to me I was. He then lent over and said, there being difficult if you like we can move you and then you can put it back cause to move them will be a nightmare. I said no thanks I can tolerate the kicking to irritate them, loud enough so they heard it. Again she tried to push it up. I put it up and slammed it back with her hand still there.

By now it was a circus and the people all around us were in stunned silence. The recline in the first row of ba's econ class is quite substantial I have discovered as they did to their detrament. I thought of telling her husband to put that wild animal back in her cage but that wouldnt have made my arguement with the FA any better.

While walking at the airport I then ran up a flight of stairs while they were on an esculator and I walked into him to bump him which I did.

The psycho cow went mental, although inevitably I landed up with a couple of kicks to the chair and a barrel of laughs during the flight to their expense.
fat girls give the best head because they're hungry

flyPWM

Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:39 am

Quoting APFPilot1985 (Reply 10):
man you must just be a ray of sunshine to fly with. How are they supposed to know that you are working on your pc?

That's why it is common courtesy to asked before putting your seat back.

I, myself would never put my seat back if there is someone occupying it. It is very aggravating when the seat in front of you flops back without warning.

jacobin777

Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:47 am

Quoting FlyPWM (Reply 28):

I, myself would never put my seat back if there is someone occupying it. It is very aggravating when the seat in front of you flops back without warning.

If a person is being served food or is eating a meal I won't recline...and I'll wait until they finish eating...

if a person is using a laptop, I'll let them know that I'm going to recline....

other than that....all is fair....
"Up the Irons!"

KJFK31L

Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:00 pm

Quoting CPH757 (Reply 18):
It is very inappropriate behavior just to recline to the max at full speed. I always ask before I do it, and tell the passenger behind me that if he/she wants me to take it back to upright again, just ask.

Agreed. It seems from your post AA767400 that you were as polite as possible with this woman. While I never recline my seat on ANY flight, that is my perogative, as it is yours to recline. I do hate when people cause disturbances (by not allowing a reclining seat) just for the fun of it and because they are bored.

Quoting SA7700 (Reply 19):
She was laying back low, with her feet perched high up, and of course with her seat reclined. The first thing that came out of their mouth when they sat down was how cramped the seats were.

I don't expect anything less. I was on a 747-300 to Lisbon last summer and I was sitting in seat 8F which has NO WINDOW because of air conditioning ducts. I was pretty bummed about that to begin with. Then a woman reclined her seat during pushback. I promptly told her that she was required to place her seat in the upright position. She responded "I think the flight attendants will tell me when I need to". I felt like telling her that I knew more about EWR than the flight attendants and that in any case the f/a would tell her to pull her seat up. A few seconds later she gave in. SHEEESH. Is it that important that early on.

Later in the flight sure, but on pushback from the terminal.

When we took off from EWR runway 22L we banked right per procedures crossing finals to runway 4L. We had a near miss with a plane on final approach, both RR engines were idled and we pitched downward severely. That woman could have been quite uncomfortable if she had not listened.

That's my tangent anyway. Take what you may from it.

Matt Smile
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going.

ual777

Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:38 pm

Quoting David L (Reply 21):
I think you missed out "within reason" and that's where it becomes subjective.  

within reason was to be assumed.
It is always darkest before the sun comes up.

fly_yhm

Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:54 pm

Man am I glad this topic came up here. Im flying long haul next month. I guess i will now be asking before I recline the seat.
Where will you spend eternity? He,s more real then you think!!!!!

MarshalN

Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:17 pm

Quoting Gr8Circle (Reply 14):

b) You must have been flying on the super cramped, knee crushing LH 744!!!

Must be, because the only time I had a pax behind (behind my seat neighbour, actually) was on a LH transatlantic, A330. The woman kept complaining about how little space she had. Of course, everyone had the exact same amount of space, and she wasn't particularly tall (5'4" at most) so I don't know what the problem was.

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 29):
If a person is being served food or is eating a meal I won't recline...and I'll wait until they finish eating...

if a person is using a laptop, I'll let them know that I'm going to recline....

other than that....all is fair....

I agree -- i look, but I generally don't ask precisely because I don't want to have a confrontation with someone who decides to say no. I've actually NEVER been asked on any of my flights by the person in front of me, so for those of you who say it's a common courtesy.... it's obviously not too common.

AR385

Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:39 pm

I paid for that seat.
I have every right to recline, period.
I do it slowly though but I don't ask.
When meals are being served I put the seat back up, as a courtesy for the passenger behind me.

I am tired however of all this crap one is encountering in economy these days. And I'm not talking just about the seats. Now, I usually bite my wallet and pay for a Business Class ticket. It's more expensive, but there is no price on peace of mind.

One time, I was flying SAS and the woman in front of me reclined her seat at full speed. She caught me by surprise. My kneecaps took a real beating, but fine, it's her seat.

But then, she turns to her husband next to her and tells him I'm not letting her recline her seat! The husband asked me about it nicely and I explained that I was not preventing her from reclining, just that at the moment she reclined my knees got busted.

To my surprise, she turned to the wife, and sternly asker to apologize. She refused the husband's "order" and they started yelling at each other. Nice couple...

In the end the husband asked me if there was something in the duty free catalogue I liked and that he would pay for it. I had seen a pair of Polo sunglasses, 120 USD and he bought them and gave them to me. The wife remained reclined but with her head stuck to the window, not looking at the husband. Geeeesh, I felt I had the Addams family in front of me.

AvFan4ever

Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:25 pm

I fly a decent percentage of trips in economy class. If I'm attempting to eat, or I'm using my laptop, it is very much appreciated if the person in front of me refrains from reclining. At all other times, I have no problem with someone reclining if their upper body is actually touching the seat, as people do when they are actually relaxing or sleeping. I've seen countless people fully recline their seat just after takeoff, then slouch in their seat with an effective body lean of less than a fully upright seat . . . . then leave the seat in the reclined position for the rest of the flight.

Through discussions with people in the medical field, I understand that sitting slouched with your spine curved forward (uneven pressure on the vertebrae and other tissues within the spine) causes more strain on your back than if you were to sit upright. I think part of the problem is people who have cultivated a lifetime of poor posture and poor muscle tone that have cultivated years of slouching into a normal state of being. I feel very comfortable sitting in the upright seat position for an entire flight, unless I want to sleep. I think many people's ideas about seat reclining centers around a combination of perceived comfort and entitlement.

Think of it like this: you recline your seat, move your butt forward on the seat to give yourself extra slouching room (as I see many people do) then pitch your head forward so that you can view your book or IFE screen. As far as your neck is concerned, you might as well be sitting upright with your chin in your chest for 12 hours. Think about how that would feel.

HBJZA

Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:30 pm

I really don't see why one should ask behind before reclining? What if I ask politely and the person simply reply politely no because of whatever excuse ? I remain fully up seated for the rest of the flight ? NO WAY. Each passenger deserve the right to recline the seat whenever he wants to (except for takeoff, landing and meal service) without asking permission to anyone !!!!

PMN

Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:37 pm

Quoting KJFK31L (Reply 30):
I was on a 747-300 to Lisbon

both RR engines were idled

Your 747 only had two engines?  confused 
Edith in his bed, a plane in the rain is humming, the wires in the walls are humming some song - some mysterious song

Jamie757

Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:59 pm

Quoting PMN (Reply 37):
Your 747 only had two engines?

Experimental FR aircraft??  Wink

Seriously though, if I do feel the need to recline my seat , out of common courtesy I will always ask the person sitting behind me. I wouldn't like to have my knees crushed, so I wouldn't want to do it to somebody else (unless they really wound me up of course)!

Rgds.
"I feel like a turkey who's just caught Bernard Matthews grinning at him!"

TransIsland

Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:12 pm

I had that same thing once on an Eastern Airlines flight from Nassau to Orlando (Yes, we were on our way to Disney World). The "lady" behind me kept kicking my seat every time I tried to recline. I think there was some kind of shouting match, too.

That was my sister (11 at the time), I was 7. Kinda childish, eh?  Wink
I'm an aviation expert. I have Sky Juice for breakfast.

Doona

Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:43 pm

I usually don't recline my seat, since I can never get any sleep on planes anyway, but I don't mind if the person in front of me reclines his seat. I'm 6 feet tall, and I usually don't have any problems. If you pay for your seat, you get to use it. Period.

What bothers me is the guy/gal behind you who seems to enjoy kicking my seat. Someone who needs to dig their legs into the back of my seat, for no apparent reason, even when it's fully upright. Or worse yet, when some people (usually old people) rest their hands on the top of my seat. I don't particularly like having a stranger's fingers in my hair.

Cheers
Mats
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

dc10bhx

Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:05 pm

I can remember coming back from ORD into BHX on AA (762 in coach) when the guy in front of me literally reclined his seat just after wheels up. As he did so I was actually reaching for a book (an overnight flight but I do not sleep I can get through one or two decent paperbacks instead) and very nearly damaged his seat back with my head. Of course I was full of apologies  sarcastic  and quite promptly made sure my knees made it into the middle of the seat back. I then proceeded to flex my legs at every available opportunity.
By the way when this happened I did actually speak to the guy but received a big brush off. It was not his fault that my head was in the way when he reclined. Needless to say that attitude did not help mine and every time I went to the toilet I made sure that I grabbed the top of his seat to support myself. His seat stayed fully reclined until we were on approach to BHX. Funnily enough the guy was actually stopped at immigration control on arrival.

Basically I think that if someone wants to recline their seat then that is fine. Just do not do it at such a speed that you could injure someone. Ask first and if there is a valid reason for not using a full recline come to a compromise.
I'm lucky my job is my hobby

ClassicLover

Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:35 pm

Never had an issue myself. I don't tend to recline seats when on short trips, as the QF domestic Y seats are comfortable enough (and I'm 5'7" so I don't need a lot of room).

Internationally, I've been in Business mostly, so I've not had an issue. Only had one bad passenger behind me, a little girl who kicked the seat occasionally, but who cares on a one hour flight? It was not constant or regular so I imagine her parents were keeping her in check.

Some of the stories on this thread are pretty funny though!

Trent.
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!

JohnKrist
Crew

Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:36 pm

Quoting PMN (Reply 37):

Guess the other two was GE

A woman in front of me reclined her seat at full speed and tipped the wine bottle into my lap, and didn't even apologize. I think that gadgets like the one linked to above "the stopper" is plain rude to use as well. You havge every right to recline your seat, just do it with caution and respect the one sitting behind you. I'm 190 cm (6'4"??) and can easily fit with the front seat reclined, not much room left I admit, but as long as I get a chance to adjust my legs properly under the seat there is no problem. then I am more annoyed with "kickers and grabbers"!
Airliners.net Crew-Head Support
5D Mark III, 7D, 17-40 F4 L, 70-200 F2.8 L IS, EF 1.4x II, EF 2x III, SPEEDLITE 600EX-RT

nrcnyc

Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:05 am

One time I was sleeping on an AF 777, and the man behind me tried to force my seat to the upright potion. Obviously I woke up, but before I could say anything, an FA had rushed over to scold the man. The man complained that he could not see the PTV, and the FA had to show the man that he could adjust the angle of the PTV to see the screen better. The man never even thought to say sorry to me.

But it seams that on AF (at least according to this FA) once the meal is served and the lights are out, everyone has the right to put their seat back. Makes sense to me.

BG777300ER

Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:09 am

Quoting CO7e7 (Reply 9):

I never recline my seat on TransAtlantic flights because I am always watching the movies on the PTVs. But whats annoying is sometimes when the person in front of you reclines his seat fully, no matter how much you pull out you PTV, you can't see it at a very good angle.  Sad
Koi mi sra v gashtite?

BOSGRU

Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:20 am

I was flying Virgin from LGW-BOS about 7 years ago and I reclined my seat and behind me was this little girl, she was tiny and the her dad asked me if I could put my chair up cos she didn't feel comfy with my chair back. She kept kicking it and was the most annoying little girl I've ever seen on any flight. So to stop her whinning I put it up a fraction. I always put it up for meal time though. The guy infront of me had his reclined all the way the entire flight! talk about uncomfortable!

airbazar

Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:23 am

I have to say I never asked but I always look back before doing it and never do it in one full push. I don't do it if I see that someone is using the tray table but as soon as the table is up, down I go. I only recline the seat all the way down when I'm trying to sleep. Even in today's cramped economy seats, I don't have a problem if the person in front of me choses to recline, so I don't see what the big deal is.

In an ironic twist, I wonder how many of the anti-recline patrol like to leave the window shades open when asked to pull them down so the other 99% of the cabin can have some rest  Smile

JohnKrist
Crew

Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:06 am

Quoting Airbazar (Reply 47):
In an ironic twist, I wonder how many of the anti-recline patrol like to leave the window shades open when asked to pull them down so the other 99% of the cabin can have some rest

Well since I recline I also leave the shade up, just to annoy j/k Big grin
Buy a pair of those soft eye covers to keep the light out, or fly business and get them for free  Wink When there is help available I see no reason to put the shades down, half of the "pleasure" of flying is to watch the ground and spot for other aircraft.
Airliners.net Crew-Head Support
5D Mark III, 7D, 17-40 F4 L, 70-200 F2.8 L IS, EF 1.4x II, EF 2x III, SPEEDLITE 600EX-RT

KJFK31L

Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:10 am

Quoting PMN (Reply 37):
I was on a 747-300 to Lisbon

Sorry-- major brain fart... Did not get the aircraft or the series number correct. I have no excuse!!

It was a CO 757-200ER out of EWR to LIS. Sorry about the mistake.

Matt
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos