bennett123

Situation In Ivory Coast

Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:50 pm

Given the current tension, do you anticipate another evacuation.

AirGAbon

RE: Situation In Ivory Coast

Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:19 pm

The majority of the foreigners has been evacuated last year in November 2004.

At that time, there was a kind of airlift bridge between Abidjan and Europe.
For example, 9000 French citizens were repatriated in 10 days, and there were until 5 daily special flights operated by Air France, Corsair, Star Airlines etc... + flights from other countries, mainly operated by governments aircraft.

Now, it remains in Ivory Coast: 6000 UN troops, 4000 French soldiers and few foreigners from Europe, USA, South Africa and other African countries.
They work mainly in the cocoa industry, the rubber industry, the oil fields, and they manage factories and companies.

Air France has already cancelled its daily flight (with one stop in Lome, Togo for crew change) but I don't know about SN Brussels, SAA, Kenya Airways, Ethiopian, and MEA.

Emirates has announced starting a flight next February from DXB to Abidjan via Accra 4 times weekly with A343.

AF022

Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:05 pm

EK might find itself getting into a market it isn't prepared for. ABJ has been a very tough market lately.

BA

Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:11 am

Quoting AirGabon (Reply 1):
Air France has already cancelled its daily flight (with one stop in Lome, Togo for crew change) but I don't know about SN Brussels, SAA, Kenya Airways, Ethiopian, and MEA.

MEA has had to re-route the return flight from ABJ via ACC to make a crew change, so the route operates BEY-ABJ-ACC-BEY at the moment.

The stop in ACC doesn't pick up or drop off passengers. Just a crew change.

Regards
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

soups

Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:43 am

Quoting BA (Reply 3):
The stop in ACC doesn't pick up or drop off passengers. Just a crew change.

What day of the week is that? cause my sister flew on last monday on a ME flight from Accra and she mentioned the plane originated in ABJ
Next destinations, Suarabaya, beirut, paris, Accra